PDA

View Full Version : Let's handicap the Hals Hope?

letswastemoney
01-03-2010, 01:54 PM
I think Quality Road is a lock, but who do you like underneath? Can Harlem Rocker be thrown out somehow? Let's discuss this

jonnielu
01-03-2010, 02:01 PM
I think Quality Road is a lock, but who do you like underneath? Can Harlem Rocker be thrown out somehow? Let's discuss this

Why would you think QR is a lock?? You can't throw anyone out, no guarantee that QR will get in the gate.

jdl

letswastemoney
01-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Why would you think QR is a lock?? You can't throw anyone out, no guarantee that QR will get in the gate.

jdl
There looks to be a huge class difference. He was facing Summer Bird, Cpt Candy Man....and now the best horse he's facing is Harlem Rocker, who I've never thought highly of.

I think QR is a lock, but it always helps to hear other opinions

DJofSD
01-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Letswastemoney? Did you use that as a name because that's what you do at the track? Or were you just trying to be funny?

It makes it difficult for me to take anything seriously with a screen name like that. Sorry.

WinterTriangle
01-03-2010, 03:07 PM
QR is not a lock here. I have him in my exotics, but I like Le Grand Cru and Helsinki

Charli125
01-03-2010, 03:21 PM
QR is not a lock here. I have him in my exotics, but I like Le Grand Cru and Helsinki

I do think QR is pretty much a lock in this one. I also like Helsinki a lot underneath in exotics, but I don't see a way to bet this race unless you think you can beat QR. I don't, so I'll be sitting this one out. Good luck to you though.

jonnielu
01-03-2010, 04:23 PM
There looks to be a huge class difference. He was facing Summer Bird, Cpt Candy Man....and now the best horse he's facing is Harlem Rocker, who I've never thought highly of.

I think QR is a lock, but it always helps to hear other opinions

Facing them, and running well with them are two different things. It remains to be seen what class level QR belongs in. I wouldn't bet that Quality road will beat Harlem Rocker and Congressional Page today.

jdl

nijinski
01-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Quality Road , Spin Master , Harlem Rocker

Grits
01-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Boxing the 1-2-7-8. Win on the 8

Grits
01-03-2010, 04:51 PM
I'd say the fella is back. And in fine shape. Nice to see.

jonnielu
01-03-2010, 05:00 PM
I'd say the fella is back. And in fine shape. Nice to see.

He is a fine specimen, hopefully in the coming months we will be able to witness his full talent. I'd like to see more of Congressional Page too.

jdl

letswastemoney
01-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Facing them, and running well with them are two different things. It remains to be seen what class level QR belongs in. I wouldn't bet that Quality road will beat Harlem Rocker and Congressional Page today.

jdl
But he did run well with them. Second in the G1 JCGC and 3rd in the Travers is better than anything else the field in the Hal's Hope had done

Harlem Rocker's Cigar Mile win was a G1, but that was to Tale of Ekati so I couldn't take that race too seriously