PDA

View Full Version : jan. 3 GULFSTREAM

lamboguy
01-02-2010, 09:04 PM
in the first race 4yo maidens and up, the 9 horse ran a few months ago @ medowlands and was about to win the race and a bird flew into the horse and he drifted wide and blew the race. they put the blinkers on the horse for his race tomorrow which i don't think he needed, but he was on the vet list after his first race and i understand he was sore. he had one 3/8 work in front of the state vet @ monmouth and then only work that gets published after that is a gate work in gulfstream. the field looks real weak and i would normally bet this horse, but i suspect there might be problems with him because of the lack of works. i am going to bet him for something just to keep him honest.

in race 9 i am going with the director right now part of a nick zito entry. i understand he is real fast. again he got to beat some good horses but he should have a good shot.

Saratoga_Mike
01-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Good insight on that horse Lambo. Don't you think they'd drop him in for a MCL if there was something wrong with him (they didn't pay much for him)? I haven't looked at the GP condition book, but I assume they're writing a MCL35k or MCL50k. I think Bianncone's horse might appreciate the surface switch, but he'll be over bet. I think the race is a pass.

picojim
01-02-2010, 09:27 PM
there was no bird..he just drifted

lamboguy
01-02-2010, 10:38 PM
ok

Backstretch Pirate
01-02-2010, 11:03 PM

There was a seagull on the track. Marias Pass got spooked. :eek:

bisket
01-02-2010, 11:27 PM
theres a horse in this one thats gonna win and pay. :jump: i think....

point given
01-03-2010, 12:33 AM
in the first race 4yo maidens and up, the 9 horse ran a few months ago @ medowlands and was about to win the race and a bird flew into the horse and he drifted wide and blew the race. they put the blinkers on the horse for his race tomorrow which i don't think he needed, but he was on the vet list after his first race and i understand he was sore. he had one 3/8 work in front of the state vet @ monmouth and then only work that gets published after that is a gate work in gulfstream. the field looks real weak and i would normally bet this horse, but i suspect there might be problems with him because of the lack of works. i am going to bet him for something just to keep him honest.

in race 9 i am going with the director right now part of a nick zito entry. i understand he is real fast. again he got to beat some good horses but he should have a good shot.

Gee, ya think that 47 b at saratoga tr. t tipped it off?

lamboguy
01-03-2010, 12:36 AM
There was a seagull on the track. Marias Pass got spooked. :eek:the guy comented on TVG about the bird after the race, but i didn't want to insult TVGfan because i figure he must not have been paying attention to the comment after the race or he might have not been watching TVG at all that day.

picojim
01-03-2010, 01:16 AM
the guy comented on TVG about the bird after the race, but i didn't want to insult TVGfan because i figure he must not have been paying attention to the comment after the race or he might have not been watching TVG at all that day.

i just watched the replay and there was no bird

lamboguy
01-03-2010, 08:04 AM
i guess 2009 was the year of the bird, first mine that bird, then summer bird, now the unseen bird!

Saratoga_Mike
01-03-2010, 09:29 AM
i just watched the replay and there was no bird

There were actually two birds (seagulls). Watch the head-on replay! We can debate whether that's truly what caused the horse to drift, but let's not deny the very existence of the birds.

lamboguy
01-03-2010, 09:47 AM
i just watched the replay and there was no birdi think you need glasses!

swami13
01-03-2010, 10:09 AM
A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird
B-b-b-bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a bird, bird, bird, the bird is the word
A-well-a bird, bird, bird, well the bird is the word
A-well-a bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a bird, bird, bird, well the bird is the word ;)

only11
01-03-2010, 12:32 PM
ealry money on the 3 and 4both working well maybe worth a bet the odds will drift up

lamboguy
01-03-2010, 12:51 PM
ealry money on the 3 and 4both working well maybe worth a bet the odds will drift upif pompey's horse didn't have to work in front of the state vets i would bet out on that horse in this crummy field

Saratoga_Mike
01-03-2010, 12:53 PM
if pompey's horse didn't have to work in front of the state vets i would bet out on that horse in this crummy field

But the horse worked 5 days after being put on the vets' list, correct? Can't be that bad - hey do they ever test horses after a work to get off the vets' list, meaning could the horse be full of bute during the work and no one would know? I am NOT saying that happened here, just a general question.

lamboguy
01-03-2010, 01:05 PM
But the horse worked 5 days after being put on the vets' list, correct? Can't be that bad - hey do they ever test horses after a work to get off the vets' list, meaning could the horse be full of bute during the work and no one would know? I am NOT saying that happened here, just a general question.its a good question and i have no idea since they only test the horses that run in races. you actually just hit upon something that i have never thought of before. usually when you are on the vets list you are on it for 10 days, this one worked in 5 probably because monmouth closed up that week. they might have put him on the list without examining the horse after the race and thought it was a natural thing to do with the drift out.

as bad as this race is, the one he came out of in meadowlands was no better.

Ron
01-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Damn birds must have followed this horse from NJ.

Backstretch Pirate
01-03-2010, 01:19 PM
I know the horse wasn't good enough, but why the stranglehold in this type of race early?

OverlayHunter
01-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Good insight on that horse Lambo. Don't you think they'd drop him in for a MCL if there was something wrong with him (they didn't pay much for him)? I haven't looked at the GP condition book, but I assume they're writing a MCL35k or MCL50k. I think Bianncone's horse might appreciate the surface switch, but he'll be over bet. I think the race is a pass.

The quote above is from Saratoga Mike.

His comment reminded me of one of my weaknesses. Other than a horse finishing well in a straight maiden race and then dropping into a MCL race at the same track, I'm not very clear on what signs point to a suspicious drop in maiden races. Could someone please provide some insights?

lamboguy
01-04-2010, 10:49 AM
The quote above is from Saratoga Mike.

His comment reminded me of one of my weaknesses. Other than a horse finishing well in a straight maiden race and then dropping into a MCL race at the same track, I'm not very clear on what signs point to a suspicious drop in maiden races. Could someone please provide some insights?when i posted this horse i posted that he might be sore because he had to work infront of the state vets in new jersey. i was on a guess about this horse just like everyone else. a good trainer does not put out a poorly trained horse like that one. TERRY POMPEY is a very good looking lady, her training is and alway's has been questionable. once upon a time she trained for john franks.

as far as the ZITO horse goes, he trained good going into the race, but he was not as sharp as he should have been.

my partner sold calabreese the horse that won, i knew he was good, i didn't think he was as good as ZITO before the race. i was wrong and i payed.

offtrack
01-04-2010, 01:02 PM
I have to post congrats to Michelle Nehei and Unbridled Racing Stable's Inkado, winner paid $62.00.
The connections have worked hard for their success, and value the horses in ther care.

Grits
01-04-2010, 01:50 PM
I have to post congrats to Michelle Nehei and Unbridled Racing Stable's Inkado, winner paid $62.00.
The connections have worked hard for their success, and value the horses in ther care.
I've followed her horses since she went out on her own. Its nice to see this former Pletcher assistant win!!

In the selections folder, yesterday, working with these large fields, her $62.00 winning price was, indeed, a joy. These are rare, as we know.

bisket
01-04-2010, 08:54 PM
i would have loved to have been on inkado, but wasn't. gulfstream is always one of my favorite meets. ended up in the red yesterday, but hopefully get it back on the next card i play. full fields and good odds spread across the board. always happy with the product gulfstream puts out. although i would have been much happier if they got the gate off the field in the 3rd. i had full and sassy, and frozen cocktail. both were right there with the leader into the turn when bingo they all pullled up. i have to say when they pulled up on the turn there were birds flying everywhere. my first thought was dam birds did it again!!!! :lol: