PDA

View Full Version : Who is More Corrupt in Horse Racing California or LA

Igeteven
01-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Who is more corrupt in Horse Racing, California or Louisiana ?

We all know here in California the C.H.R.B. is run.. by the horsemen.. for the horsemen..of the horsemen. There is no integrity left here left in California, Believe me, there is a mob running the program here for themselves. (not for the bettor, customers or the weekend warrior).

However, I still think Louisiana is more Corrupt.

What do you all think.

Just for the record, I am here in California.

PhantomOnTour
01-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Being in Louisiana I would love to think this is a Sunday Silence/Easy Goer duel for the ages (politically and racingly) but somehow I think a New Yorker or 2 is clamoring for a 3 way Cigar/Louis Quatorze/Alphabet Soup battle for top honors.

Ding dong to the wire.

DJofSD
01-02-2010, 03:45 PM
I think you're giving way too much credit to the various people involved. I think this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinlein%27s_razor) applies.

spiketoo
01-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Then les, why do you bet it? FratBoy said he saw you outside SA puffing on a stoogie so I assume you're betting Cali. Or just there for the ITW?

RainMan
01-03-2010, 01:06 PM
No contest - Bayou State in a romp.

1) Buzzer capitol of the world. Remember the 1999 Arkansas Derby.
2) While Ca. had Lost In the Fog - La. had both a horse and jock lost in the fog. Where else can you come back to ride 8 yrs. later.
3) Ca. got tired of PVal - La. welcomed him with open arms.
4) La. Gov still in pen for selling Gaming Licenses.

Trotman
01-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Rainman I think your probably right about Louisiana. After Patin's suspension did'nt he start back riding at Delta or Evangeline?. Back in the mid to latter 90's Suffolk,Turf Paradise,Philadelphia Park and all 4 Louisiana tracks had a bunch of buzzer investigations.

Stillriledup
01-03-2010, 04:17 PM
No contest - Bayou State in a romp.

1) Buzzer capitol of the world. Remember the 1999 Arkansas Derby.
2) While Ca. had Lost In the Fog - La. had both a horse and jock lost in the fog. Where else can you come back to ride 8 yrs. later.
3) Ca. got tired of PVal - La. welcomed him with open arms.
4) La. Gov still in pen for selling Gaming Licenses.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65256