PDA

View Full Version : Captial One Bowl aka Cow Pasture!

dylbert
01-01-2010, 02:04 PM
You would think in a city that is home to Disney that Orlando would have suitable playing surface for football game. Capital One field looks like bad cow pasture. Seems that playing two bowl games in short span plus high school games has destroyed field.

Definitely makes slow Penn State team look fast against slipping & sliding LSU!

Last thought... maybe those fellas from Capital One ads are performing at halftime on this medieval bog. :lol:

Steve 'StatMan'
01-01-2010, 05:41 PM
"What's in your wallet?"

Grass, mud, divots.

I saw the final 2-3 plays after the hockey game. That truly must have been wretched. What stadium was that, and what teams regularly play there? I can't recall seeing anything that bad since the classic pre-astroturf days of the late 60's, and most of those were due to rain + snow.

Hank
01-02-2010, 12:23 AM
"What's in your wallet?"

Grass, mud, divots.

I saw the final 2-3 plays after the hockey game. That truly must have been wretched. What stadium was that, and what teams regularly play there? I can't recall seeing anything that bad since the classic pre-astroturf days of the late 60's, and most of those were due to rain + snow.

That was a disgrace,but I'm sure Penn State loved it.:ThmbDown:

dav4463
01-02-2010, 01:33 AM
I loved it! It was a real football field. Players were all muddy. It was awesome. The way football should be played in my opinion...outdoors, real grass/mud, ...I hate all the well manicured fake turf domed stadiums. Vince Lombardi and Hank Stram would have loved the field today!

Rise Over Run
01-02-2010, 08:21 AM
What stadium was that, and what teams regularly play there?

The Golden Knights of UCF.

ElKabong
01-02-2010, 12:06 PM
the teevee talking heads yestreday said they'll have field turf installed for 2010. Yesterdays game was scheduled to be the last for that patch of pasture....also, that field had several HS playoff games the past few weeks, the grass was in bad shape.

PhantomOnTour
01-02-2010, 12:13 PM
As an LSU grad and fan of the Tigers it was dissapointing to play on that field. Really hurt our speed, but thats the way it goes bubba. I almost went to the game but was reminded of the last time I went to the Cap One Bowl; Iowa defeated LSU (Sabans last game) on a last second 50yd catch and run after JaMiracle (JaMarcus Russell, that awesome Raider QB ;)) brought us back from a deficit.

Whew, that was yet another dramatic/tragic loss for Lesticles....our coach Les Miles.

ElKabong
01-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Well, the Rose Bowl will have a brand new field of grass for the MNC game thurs nite...The crew there had concerns about it so they were to lay a new patch of grass down today.

Kind of risky, if ya ax me. I hope both teams bring every type of cleat pattern available. If you see players consistently slip, it would be a travesty.