PDA

View Full Version : TVG Shakeup?

Vinman
01-01-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm hearing some buzz that a major player at TVG is soon to be out. Someone mentioned Matt C. Anything going on with him or any other TVG hosts?

onefast99
01-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Where would he go to HRTV?

Mineshaft
01-01-2010, 03:24 PM
I'm hearing some buzz that a major player at TVG is soon to be out. Someone mentioned Matt C. Anything going on with him or any other TVG hosts?

who is someone?

DarrenClarke
01-01-2010, 04:40 PM
This is the one time I wish they would hit the "all" button!:D

ArlJim78
01-01-2010, 05:02 PM

post of the year.:ThmbUp:

Vinman
01-01-2010, 05:03 PM
"Someone" is a friend of mine, who actually heard Matt say on the air within the last week that he'd be gone by Jan 1.

Was he on 58 flat today?

BombsAway Bob
01-01-2010, 05:05 PM
It's the annual vacation time, I believe,
for Todd, Simon, Matt, Ken, Frank, & maybe Christina.
They have kept the core team together for quite a while!

turfnsport
01-01-2010, 05:41 PM
"Someone" is a friend of mine, who actually heard Matt say on the air within the last week that he'd be gone by Jan 1.

Someone pinch me.

PaceAdvantage
01-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Is this like when Trevor Denman said on the BC telecast that he would "be gone" in a day or two (he failed to mention the Oak Tree meet ended the next day) during that bit with the guest race caller?

tribecaagent
01-01-2010, 09:45 PM
That's funny, I felt the same way. Nothing against Trevor, but I was excited to hear perhaps "The Man" would be back where he belongs.

bob77713
01-02-2010, 10:49 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they hired Katie Mikolay, who's currently at Hawthorne. They seemed to have her on TVG as a special guest alot.

cj's dad
01-02-2010, 10:57 AM

Was he on 58 flat today?

No, Greg Wolfe filled in.

PhantomOnTour
01-02-2010, 12:08 PM

Classic! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Oh by the way, speaking of Classic...TVG just showed a replay of the BC Classic....AGAIN! But dont be discouraged if you missed it, just tune in for next hours replay of the BC Classic. Its like those parades at DisneyWorld. Missed the 4pm parade? No sweat just wait for the 4:30 parade!

My how they love their Zenyatta.

fmolf
01-02-2010, 03:41 PM
they are over the top with their promotion of zenyatta nothing against her or her connections but i hope rachel wins just to hear all the crying.They keep putting california racing on a pedestal instead of using their forum to help perpetuate change.they continue to do business as if cal racing is the greatest thing in the world....It sickens me at times.As does their promotion of Zenyatta

Canarsie
01-03-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm going to disagree on the all button there are some I actually enjoy.

Rich Perloff, Frank Mirahmadi, Frank Lyons, Christina Olivares are all top notch in my opinion. Mr. B is in the second tier I can live with him anytime. I miss Jill Byrne a lot don't get HRTV.

Now the clown who said who needs past performances when you have live video should have been fired on the spot. Also another one who said racing partnerships love using a money pack to fund their account made me want to throw up. Keep those 4 and Paul Lo Duca that's a pretty good base to start with. Also fire anyone immediately if they wear a giraffe outfit. :lol:

post time
01-03-2010, 11:27 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they hired Katie Mikolay, who's currently at Hawthorne. They seemed to have her on TVG as a special guest alot.
I did see Katie on air for TVG. Think she would be a great addition.

fmolf
01-03-2010, 12:22 PM
I also enjoy mike joyce and dave weaver because they are not full of themselves and poke fun at each other along with les onaka.I would keep them on as well as the harness guy on drive time.

BlueShoe
01-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Wolfe mentioned today that Matty would be back next week on 58 flat. That might not be so bad. Anyone besides myself think that the bit about the stuffed hamsters was revolting?

Marshall Bennett
01-04-2010, 08:46 AM
They could have at least used real hampsters . Perhaps they were afraid of a response from PETA .

rrbauer
01-04-2010, 09:06 AM
when I turned off TVG (don't even get the other one) and started watching the live track feed on broadband internet either from the track's (Tampa) web site or from the feeds available from the ADW community.

No more listening to people who can't bet their way out of a paper bag, while they "release" their picks and engage in shameless self-promotion before they tell me about what happened in the race that I just watched. Turns out that they're a major distraction in a game the requires focus and concentration if making money is your goal.

fmolf
01-04-2010, 06:29 PM
when I turned off TVG (don't even get the other one) and started watching the live track feed on broadband internet either from the track's (Tampa) web site or from the feeds available from the ADW community.

No more listening to people who can't bet their way out of a paper bag, while they "release" their picks and engage in shameless self-promotion before they tell me about what happened in the race that I just watched. Turns out that they're a major distraction in a game the requires focus and concentration if making money is your goal.
Very well said. :ThmbUp:

strapper
01-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Frank Lyons and Simon Bray are the guys I like the best on there.

turfnsport
01-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Matt is back today.

Oh well, the fantasy was good while it lasted.

BlueShoe
01-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Yep, Ken R. and Matty took over as the co-hosts at 11 Pacific time and are chattering away, as usual.

PaceAdvantage
01-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Yep, Ken R. and Matty took over as the co-hosts at 11 Pacific time and are chattering away, as usual.It would be pretty weird if they say there and said nothing the whole time.

richrosa
01-09-2010, 05:31 PM
We need the TVG rants in their own forum, so I can ignore them.

exiles
01-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Frank Lyons and Simon Bray are the guys I like the best on there.

TVG has one thing going for them, Christina Olivares.