PDA

View Full Version : Nice job service acadamies!

CBedo
12-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Air Force ran all over Houston, Navy is playing great (ahead 28-13) over Mizzou, and Army almost made a bowl game for the first time in quite a while.

Congrats to our academies!

ElKabong
12-31-2009, 07:22 PM
The local paper ran a story last week about Cougar High being CFB's version of "the greatest show on turf"...

To Sumlin's credit, he played that down immediately.

That team can beat anyone on any given day, and lose to anyone on any given day. Fun to watch but it would drive a fan base nuts.

ElKabong
12-31-2009, 07:27 PM
My favorite Cougar High story-- 1978... UT and Houston played for the conf title, and a cotton bowl berth. A DMN reporter asked a Cotton Bowl official off the record who he was pulling for.

The official said "Texas. They bring people, their people spend money in town. Good for Dallas, good for our bowl. We don't want Houston, they don't bring many fans at all. Half the fans they do bring eat at the 7-11. The other half rob that 7-11".

They didn't name him but sure sounds like Field Scovell :)

CBedo
12-31-2009, 07:39 PM
I think Houston was like 111th in the nation or something similar stopping the run, so it wasn't a huge surprise that Air Force could score on them. It was the tipped balls and pressure causing Houston interceptions that killed them.

cj's dad
12-31-2009, 09:31 PM
The service acadamies are disciplined - the public universities are not.

Case closed !!

cj
01-01-2010, 12:38 AM
I thought everybody knew you can't attack the Air Force through the air...surest way to a quick defeat.

Pace Cap'n
01-01-2010, 06:28 AM
The service acadamies are disciplined - the public universities are not.

Case closed !!

What were they disciplined for this time?