PDA

View Full Version : Who's Bigger?

SoCalCircuit
12-31-2009, 04:12 AM
Does anyone know purely by size who is bigger between RA and Z? I cant seem to find this information anywhere. Thanks in advance!

Overlay
12-31-2009, 05:10 AM
Through a relatively brief search on Google, I found references to Zenyatta being 17 hands, and Rachel Alexandra being 16.2 hands.

Overlay
12-31-2009, 09:06 AM
Upon further search, I've seen references to Zenyatta being up to 17.2 hands. I'm not sure what the "official" figure for each is, but, in any event, as far as your thread-starter question is concerned, it appears that Zenyatta is undisputedly taller (assuming that that's what you meant by "bigger"). It's just a question of by how much.

I Love NYRA
12-31-2009, 09:36 AM
I've never seen Zenyatta in person but I have Rachel and she isnt all that big nor impressively muscular for a horse of her insane ability. If you saw her in the paddock and there were 25 claimers along side, you may have a tough time distinguishing.

joanied
12-31-2009, 11:07 AM
I have heard and read in several places that Zenyatta is 17.2 and Rachel 16...I recall that last year sometime, Baffert was told Z was bigger (taller) than Midnight Lute...so he went over to Sherriff's barn with a tape measure...and sure enough...Z won that tale of the tape:)

At 17.2, it's a good think Zenyatta is so beautifully balanced and athletic, because being that tall could very well be troubelsome in the soundness dept.

I am so going to miss seeing Z...she really is 'eye candy'...and we'll never see another ballerina/dancer like her again...I would think she'll take that habit with her to the farm, and if she continues her dressage strut...very good chance her foals will pick up on it and do the same!!

Cratos
12-31-2009, 01:39 PM
Does anyone know purely by size who is bigger between RA and Z? I cant seem to find this information anywhere. Thanks in advance!

Zenyatta is bigger; physically it is not an even comparison in any sense. However competitively, the argument is a bit different.

nijinski
12-31-2009, 05:22 PM
Zenyatta is bigger; physically it is not an even comparison in any sense. However competitively, the argument is a bit different.

Zenyatta is the Amazon mare.

nomadpat
01-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Will this help determine who should be Horse of the Year? ;) :D

OTM Al
01-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Rachel in person (or should I say "In equine") is on the smallish size. I got to see her in the paddock for the Woodward and she was certainly smaller than the others in the race. Small and light build.