PDA

View Full Version : 2010 elections...thoughts

sammy the sage
12-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Take a look at this and remember elections in Nov. 2010.

U.S. House & Senate have voted themselves $4,700 and $5,300 raises.

1. They voted to not give you a S.S. Cost of living raise in 2010 and 2011.

2. Your Medicare premiums will go up $285.60 for the 2-years and
You will not get the 3% COLA: $660/yr. Your total 2-yr loss and cost is
-$1,600 or -$3,200 for husband and wife.

3. Over 2-yrs they each get $10,000

4. Do you feel SCREWED?

5. Will they have your cost of drugs - doctor fees - local taxes - food, etc., increase?
NO WAY . They have a raise and better benefits. Why care about you? You never did anything about it in the past. You obviously are too stupid or don't care.

6. Do you really think that Nancy, Harry, Chris, Charlie, Barnie, et al, care about you? SEND THE MESSAGE-- You're FIRED.
IN 2010 YOU WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO GET RID OF THE SITTING CONGRESS:
Up to 1/3 OF THE SENATE, AND 100% OF THE HOUSE.

MAKE SURE YOU'RE STILL MAD IN NOVEMBER 2010 AND REMIND THEIR REPLACEMENTS NOT TO SCREW UP.

It is ok to forward this to your sphere of influence if you are finally tired of the abuse.
Maybe it's time for the........
Amendment 28

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United
States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives,
and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or
Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the
United States ."

Let's get this passed around, folks - these people in Washington have brought this upon themselves!!! It's time for retribution. Let's take back America .

If you don't forward this to all your friends you're just part of the problem of national apathy.

Yeah...it's a CORNY chain letter...but I agree w/it...as matter of fact...I voted AGAINST every incumbent in 2008...party lines be damned....told my whole staff....will do the SAME in 2010.

HUSKER55
12-30-2009, 10:43 PM
I AGREE

mostpost
12-30-2009, 11:51 PM

4. Do you feel SCREWED?

5. Will they have your cost of drugs - doctor fees - local taxes - food, etc., increase? NO WAY . They have a raise and better benefits. Why care about you? You never did anything about it in the past. You obviously are too stupid or don't care.

6. Do you really think that Nancy, Harry, Chris, Charlie, Barnie, et al, care about you? SEND THE MESSAGE-- You're FIRED.

MAKE SURE YOU'RE STILL MAD IN NOVEMBER 2010 AND REMIND THEIR REPLACEMENTS NOT TO SCREW UP.

It is ok to forward this to your sphere of influence if you are finally tired of the abuse.
Amendment 28

United States ."

Let's get this passed around, folks - these people in Washington have brought this upon themselves!!! It's time for retribution. Let's take back America .

If you don't forward this to all your friends you're just part of the problem of national apathy.

Yeah...it's a CORNY chain letter...but I agree w/it...as matter of fact...I voted AGAINST every incumbent in 2008...party lines be damned....told my whole staff....will do the SAME in 2010.
Congress did NOT vote to deny the COLA for retirees. The COLA is based on the Cost of Living. (What a concept) The Cost Of Living did not go up last year, thus NO COLA in 2010. 2011 has not been decided yet.
5. Will they have your cost of drugs - doctor fees - local taxes - food, etc., increase? NO WAY . They have a raise and better benefits. Why care about you? You never did anything about it in the past. You obviously are too stupid or don't care.
Aside from the terrible grammar that is just wrong. I looked all over the local grocery, and there is no special checkout for Congress persons. I am pretty sure there is nothing in the tax code that exempts a member of Congress. The health benefits and retirement that members of Congress enjoy are the same as those which I had access to as an employee of the United States Postal Service. And they pay for them just as I did, in spite of what you may of read in another dumb e-mail.
Will I forward this e-mail to my friends? No, I will not, because I don't want my friends to think I'm an idiot too. At least not for that reason!

sammy the sage
12-31-2009, 09:06 AM
""The COLA is based on the Cost of Living. (What a concept) The Cost Of Living did not go up last year, thus NO COLA in 2010.""

REALLY...tell me YOUR own personal payments for the following 2008 to 2009.

insurance...health especially
electric...
food...or let's say for the essentials...toilet paper, toothpaste....

YEAH...I thought so...you KEEP blindly following those gov. stats/proclaimations...

OH...and check out what YOUR share of the NATIONAL debt is TOO!

Maybe you should re-write..or better yet THINK....and write a BETTER one...

all I'm saying is...if all you do is finger point and vote party lines...or for any incumbent...

YOUR grandchildren will thank you.. :( :mad: .NOT

jballscalls
12-31-2009, 10:34 AM
""The COLA is based on the Cost of Living. (What a concept) The Cost Of Living did not go up last year, thus NO COLA in 2010.""

REALLY...tell me YOUR own personal payments for the following 2008 to 2009.

insurance...health especially
electric...
food...or let's say for the essentials...toilet paper, toothpaste....

YEAH...I thought so...you KEEP blindly following those gov. stats/proclaimations...

OH...and check out what YOUR share of the NATIONAL debt is TOO!

Maybe you should re-write..or better yet THINK....and write a BETTER one...

all I'm saying is...if all you do is finger point and vote party lines...or for any incumbent...

YOUR grandchildren will thank you.. :( :mad: .NOT

actually my health insurance went down, my paycheck went up with the small tax cut early in the year, moved to a more 'green' house, so my electric bills are much lower.

food, toothepaste and toilet paper did go up though!

Hank
12-31-2009, 10:50 AM

4. Do you feel SCREWED?

5. Will they have your cost of drugs - doctor fees - local taxes - food, etc., increase?
NO WAY . They have a raise and better benefits. Why care about you? You never did anything about it in the past. You obviously are too stupid or don't care.

Amendment 28

United States ."

Sounds good,but after witnessing congress in action on health care "reform"do you really think changing out parts of this slime machine will change anything?Nothing short of revolt will change anything and last I checked brainwashed sheep are not prone to revolution.

Tom
12-31-2009, 11:17 AM
Hey Hank, what are you doing in my yard? ;)
The place to start is to destroy BOTH parties and then get back to representing PEOPLE, which has not been the case for a few decades now.
National Strike - shut it down cold and let the chips fall where they may.
Tell the government - No mas.

exactaplayer
12-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Hey Hank, what are you doing in my yard? ;)
The place to start is to destroy BOTH parties and then get back to representing PEOPLE, which has not been the case for a few decades now.
National Strike - shut it down cold and let the chips fall where they may.
Tell the government - No mas.
May want to check with Saddam or Ken Lay, Hell just froze over. I agree with Tom :faint:

dartman51
12-31-2009, 01:18 PM
actually my health insurance went down, my paycheck went up with the small tax cut early in the year, moved to a more 'green' house, so my electric bills are much lower.

food, toothepaste and toilet paper did go up though!

JB, you might need to recheck your figures. We already know that EVERYONES HC is skyrocketing out of control. At least that's what we're being told by some. Just a thought. ;)