PDA

View Full Version : New Years Day

cees with dees
12-30-2009, 03:52 PM
At first glance, the horse I now like very much, was an immediate throwout. But after going through the field horse by horse, my horse is winning here.
I'm going to go through the whole field.
1) Incredible Speed doesn't have a line in his pp's that make him a contender.
2) Vettriano is a maiden on the dirt.
3) Wadi Suki has speed but there is other speed in here and he spits it out on his own.
4) Saratoga Lullaby is slow with little to no closing kick.
Skip to the 6) Kris Angel is another maiden on dirt.
7) Hard Iron stretches out off of just one sprint and figures to need this one and will have to come from way out of it to contend.
8) Ferocious Won has seen his best days and will be part of the pace at best.
9) Fregata is a slow plodder and barn is as cold as ice.
10) Greg Got Even has lines to make him a contender but wide draw and lack of speed combined with a layoff spells problems.
Which brings us back to the winner:
5) Platinum Couple. This horse who raced in the Belmont Stakes years ago, was mismanaged by Joe Lostritto for 7 years. The dot people took over for $12,500 and raced this poor animal over his head 6 times in a row.
He has class, positional speed, a hungry rider and meets the field from hell. Look for a huge late middle move that blows these out of the water and I think the price will be fair as well.
An easy horse to overlook because we know him. But we've never known him properly spotted like he is today.
Bet against at your own risk!!!!!:jump::jump::jump:

tribecaagent
12-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Who is Tzeonn Chang?

lamboguy
12-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Who is Tzeonn Chang?if i remember right he is a jockey. haven't seen his name is awhile, and i think he is ok

tribecaagent
12-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Mr. Chang is the listed rider for Platinum Couple so I'm hoping he's a jockey.

Rise Over Run
01-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Who is Tzeonn Chang?

Tzeonn "Tommy" Chang rode up at Suffolk in 2009 with 17 winners from 192 mounts. You'll see him get rides from time to time in NY.

tribecaagent
01-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the info. I've never heard of him.

firstoffclaim
01-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Very close 2nd, I thought Waki Suki would give it up

Augie16
01-01-2010, 06:44 PM
He raced his guts out though. Very good pick.

WinterTriangle
01-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up on Plat Couple. Had that one in my virtual stable all year, gave up on him, noticed the mismanagement, didn't even know he was running today.

cj
01-01-2010, 07:23 PM
cees with dees,

What is "the dot people" to whom you refer? I hope that isn't a racist thing. There is no place for that here.

PaceAdvantage
01-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Of course it's a racist thing...and something that usually earns an immediate banning...

What the hell CWD?