PDA

View Full Version : SPOT PLAY - your thoughts

nucsub
06-18-2003, 07:51 PM
Well, I completed what I call the "Entry & PaceLine" module of my integrated handicapping programs. This is the building block to what I am calling "Spot Play". The Entry & PaceLine module parses (free) the upcoming entries at the selected track and then it goes into the Past Performance Database (that was built by parsing (also free) the full chart results. The program then generates standard Pace ratings along with a Track_Diff rating (Avg speed @ that distance @ that track), I am seeing some good overlays! All without a racing card.

This is the foundation for what I am really interested in programming - Spot Play. I want to be able to enter various criteria (similiar to my custom expression builder) and see if we have a "play". For example, go look to see if a horse last time out had:
1) a Track_Diff rating of + 3.6 (meaning the horse was 3.6 sec faster than the average speed at that distance at the track
2) and, was within 3 lengths of the winner,
3) and, had an early pace of XXX

I think you get the idea.
Anyway....

What I am interested in is your comments/feedback on what you think I should concentrate on with "Spot Play".

p.s.

For those that continue to bash Tom Console....I am the programmer for URTI. I will tell you Tom is an excellent handicapper with sound methods. Even though I have my own programs that I sell and use....I always check the predictions of SnapCap Pro and the other ratings associated with URTI.

www.BeatThePublic.com
j.zambuto@verizon.net
www.Jzambuto.com

:)

sjk
06-18-2003, 07:58 PM
What I do is to use the PP database to develop an odds line and parse the on-line odds boards to spot overlays.

sjk
06-18-2003, 08:25 PM
It would seem to me to be much more difficult to play profitably without using the information on the odds board than with. If you use the odds board all you need is to estimate each horse's probability of winning. Without the odds boards you would also need to estimate how the public will play the race. Why estimate two sets of probabilities when you can estimate one and see the other in real time?

Jaguar
07-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Joe, your current program is strong and I am sure that you will do an excellent job with Spot Play, good luck with developing it.

I note with interest the nice clean, easy to read screens you put in URTI, which I have only seen on the website demo.

I look forward to my friend- who bought URTI- sending me 3 days of URTI output, so that I can do my customary bench-marking against the same 3 days- as handicapped by All-Ways Pro and by Multi-Strats.

Of course, it will be a bit of an unfair analysis, since my models in Multi-Strats are well-trained and track specific. Tough for any software to compete with that, right out of the box.- Granted that URTI does ship with optional models, so I'll probably just compare the outputs of the 2 different models, and skip the native software "out of the box" mode.

I asked Dave Powers 2 years ago for a version of Snapcapper that had model-making capability, in other words- a truly integrated handicapping program, not just a pace and speed disc.

Glad that you and Tom stepped into the market at this time. Look forward to seeing URTI output up close.

All the best,

Jaguar

nucsub
07-04-2003, 08:50 PM
thanks for your comments.
I have enjoyed our relationship (Tom's and Mine) together.
Tom's a great handicapper and encorporated some of this greatness with URTI.

I look foward to "Spot PLay" especially with this new Avg_Diff rating that has really shown a lot of promise. Essentially, it just takes the difference between the tracks avg pace rating at that distance and the horse in question's avg pace rating for that race. I am working on adjusting for class, but it has given me some great overlays.

anyway, thanks for your comments.

www.jzambuto.com
www.BeatThePublic.com
j.zambuto@verizon.net

lousycapper
07-04-2003, 11:45 PM
:D Another program for sale... Spam or Scam? I leave the choice up to you. Heh, heh! :D