PDA

View Full Version : Border Crossings

WaHoo
12-29-2009, 07:24 AM
IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY,
YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU GO INTO CHINA ILLEGALLY,
YOU'RE CONSIDERED A SPY AND GET HARD PRISON TIME.

IF YOU GO INTO GERMANY ILLEGALLY,
YOU GET A HEFTY FINE, WORK IT OFF OR PAY IT OFF, THEN DEPORTED.

IF YOU GO INTO ENGLAND ILLEGALLY,
YOU ARE IMMEDIATELY JAILED AND DEPORTED.......

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY,
YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY....

BUT IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY,
YOU GET:

1. A DRIVER'S LICENSE
2. A SOCIAL SECURITY CARD
3. WELFARE
4. FOOD STAMPS AND
5. FREE HEALTH CARE

I guess I still don't understand...
maybe we need to

VOTE OUT OUR LAWMAKERS.

RECYCLE CONGRESS!

Tom
12-29-2009, 07:58 AM
And if you try to blow an airliner out of the sky, you get free legal representation, room and board, free medical, and free skin graphs.

What a great country we live in.

exactaplayer
12-29-2009, 09:44 AM
IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY,
YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU GO INTO CHINA ILLEGALLY,
YOU'RE CONSIDERED A SPY AND GET HARD PRISON TIME.

IF YOU GO INTO GERMANY ILLEGALLY,
YOU GET A HEFTY FINE, WORK IT OFF OR PAY IT OFF, THEN DEPORTED.

IF YOU GO INTO ENGLAND ILLEGALLY,
YOU ARE IMMEDIATELY JAILED AND DEPORTED.......

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY,
YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY....

BUT IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY,
YOU GET:

1. A DRIVER'S LICENSE
2. A SOCIAL SECURITY CARD
3. WELFARE
4. FOOD STAMPS AND
5. FREE HEALTH CARE

I guess I still don't understand...
maybe we need to

VOTE OUT OUR LAWMAKERS.

RECYCLE CONGRESS!
So, which one of the countries mentioned do you plan on moving to ?

WaHoo
12-29-2009, 09:58 AM

I don't plan on moving, I can buy you a One Way ticket to any of these countries.

46zilzal
12-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Border crossing have become insane up here (MORE so than they were before) with REAL CLOWNS with egos to match their BADGES hassling people because they can, not because they should.

GaryG
12-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Those numbers that bigmack posed a few weeks back were just incredible. The drain on the economy is many times worse than could have been imagined. Not many mexicans have found there way into Appalachia but I'm sure they will eventually. California would still be prosperous if not for the cost of the illegal foreign immigrants. Sorry, I meant to say undocumented citizens.

Track Collector
12-29-2009, 11:19 AM

This comment reveals your ignorance, and given the sacastic tone, it does not speak well of you.

Unchecked and uncontrolled flow of non-citizens in to the US is and will continue to have dramatic and harmful consequences.

If you were to take in to your home one or two more people who do not currently live there, then take financial responsibility for nearly all of their needs (including food and medical), I think you would begin to understand the impacts of illegals.

boxcar
12-29-2009, 11:33 AM
This comment reveals your ignorance, and given the sacastic tone, it does not speak well of you.

Unchecked and uncontrolled flow of non-citizens in to the US is and will continue to have dramatic and harmful consequences.

If you were to take in to your home one or two more people who do not currently live there, then take financial responsibility for nearly all of their needs (including food and medical), I think you would begin to understand the impacts of illegals.

TC hits the nail squarely. :ThmbUp:

How many illegals, EP, are you going to allow to move in with you so that you PERSONALLY can help them out with all their financial needs? Let us know how quickly you go broke, so that we can point your nose to the nearest ACORN office who will, then, assist you with your personal needs by getting you started in an entrepreneurial endeavor, such as drug trafficking, the sex slave trade, etc.

Boxcar

Tom
12-29-2009, 12:25 PM
EP will be handing them ciggies and registering them to vote.
All that other stuff is not important - just more dem votes at any cost.
After all, they can just tax the right to pay for it all.

andymays
12-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Time For Latinos to Stand Against Illegal Immigration

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/time-for-latinos-to-stand-against-illegal-immigration/

Excerpt:

But what seem to be a relative few, like the Latino reader who wrote me recently to criticize some of my positions, appear to be sorting through conflicting loyalties.

“I get the sense you are proud to be Latino and defend Latinos when they are unnecessarily attacked,” he wrote. “But I am confused as to why you are against illegal immigration. In one of your articles you state that you support ‘speedy deportations and raids.’ As someone who has relatives who have come to this country illegally, I don’t think I have it in me to say some of the things you have said — like supporting raids and deportations. I do not think it looks and sounds good to say things like that, especially coming from someone who is of Mexican ancestry.”

I had to respond.

“I’m not only the grandson of a Mexican immigrant but also the son of a retired cop,” I wrote. “Opposing illegal anything comes easy, because it’s ‘illegal.’ The better question is why so many Latinos are willing to excuse this one kind of illegal behavior because they have family members who’ve engaged in it. I have cousins in San Quentin, born in the U.S., who engaged in other kinds of illegal behavior and I don’t feel compelled to defend them. Family ties only get you so far.

Lastly, I believe people have to take responsibility for their actions. If you love the people who make up your community, you’ll stop coddling them and start treating them like adults.
”

riskman
12-29-2009, 01:25 PM
The United States has mass illegal immigration because successive Congresses and Presidents have decided they want it. In one action after another over the last decade, they have declined to approve measures known to be effective to slow the flow of illegal immigrants, they have decided to end various kinds of enforcement that had been effective, and they have approved a series of rewards to those who violate immigration laws. The bottom line our government does not want to enforce the laws that are on our books and the employers who knowingly ignore these laws are the beneficiary.

Tom
12-29-2009, 01:48 PM
When the government fails to do the will of the people, the people have a responsibility to remove that government.

wisconsin
12-29-2009, 02:32 PM
When the government fails to do the will of the people, the people have a responsibility to remove that government.

Unfortunatley, not enough people even care. :bang:

Tom
12-29-2009, 03:06 PM
This is why i favor dissolving the union. We have to many slugs and we don;t need half the people we have here now. Cut the anchors loose and let them fend for themselves.We can get by with about 20 fewer states.

exactaplayer
12-29-2009, 04:59 PM

Well excuse me ! My comment was meant to point out the fact that while these countries mentioned may have immigration laws more to the posters liking they still don't hold a candle to the other pleasures of living in the good ol U.S. of A.
I have no desire to take into my home any immigrants either legal or illegal. However we are all paying for their medical needs right now through increased insurance and health care expenses. Perhaps some of their food through food banks etc.
If this country continues on it's path to fascism we won't have to worry about immigrants of any type.

Robert Goren
12-29-2009, 05:06 PM
This is why i favor dissolving the union. We have to many slugs and we don;t need half the people we have here now. Cut the anchors loose and let them fend for themselves.We can get by with about 20 fewer states.This is one thing I agree with you on although we probably disagree on which 20.;)

GaryG
12-29-2009, 05:07 PM
When you fail to fortify and defend your borders you run the risk of letting in anyone from anywhere. Any terrorist who can gain entry into Mexico (how hard could that be) will be able to waltz across the border and wreak havoc. I say defend our borders with deadly fire. If they don't like it they can stay in their own country.

Sailwolf
12-29-2009, 09:34 PM
interesting outlook on the situation

http://www.coyotescorner.com/tshirts-homeland_security_women.htm

Track Collector
12-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Well excuse me ! My comment was meant to point out the fact that while these countries mentioned may have immigration laws more to the posters liking they still don't hold a candle to the other pleasures of living in the good ol U.S. of A.

If your original comment was worded like the above, you would not have received my criticism for a negative post. In re-stating what you meant, I still disagree though with the implied premise, which is that one must choose all of the one or all of the other. Why can we not keep many of the great things we enjoy about the USA, while at the same time pass and enforce laws which offer us better protection in regards to our independence and national security?

BlueShoe
12-29-2009, 11:07 PM
interesting outlook on the situation

http://www.coyotescorner.com/tshirts-homeland_security_women.htm
As a history buff, feel that I should mention that American Indians waged almost non stop warfare against enemy tribes, often going hundreds of miles deep into other tribes territory to raid,kill, and plunder. They waged war against enemy tribes often with savagery and brutality greater than they did against the white European interlopers.

LottaKash
12-29-2009, 11:52 PM
A "united north-america" is just on the horizon....Then on to the NWO....with "interpol" running the "big-show"....This is obvious to some of us....

best,

Tom
12-30-2009, 08:08 AM
A nation that will not defend it's sovereignty doesn't deserve to have it.

Black Ruby
12-30-2009, 09:12 AM
So do you guys want to close some of those nearly 1000 military bases we have in other countries and bring the troops home to defend our tens of thousands of miles of borders? If not, how are you going to implement constant surveillance, and how are you going to pay for it?

Pell Mell
12-30-2009, 09:24 AM
So do you guys want to close some of those nearly 1000 military bases we have in other countries and bring the troops home to defend our tens of thousands of miles of borders? If not, how are you going to implement constant surveillance, and how are you going to pay for it?

The point is; a big army would not be necessary if the gate crashers had any fear at all. If they were really punished and/or some of them getting shot they would think twice before invading our borders.
They figure the US is just a bunch of pansies and that's how our govt. acts.:bang:

Tom
12-30-2009, 10:07 AM

Yes.
How do we pay for it?
By diverting the trillions of dollars of pork now being wasted by the govt.
With he savings of health care money we waste on illegals now.
You list your priorities. You start all budgets at zero and justify putting every thing in instead of looking for cuts.
You govern smartly. A new idea.

Black Ruby
12-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Since the gummint's the biggest employer, where are you going to find jobs for former fed employees if you cut the fed budget? You cut out the pork, you're going to take jobs away from companies, could lead to more unemployment.

It's just not that easy. I don't like the pork or the bloated government, but it's such a vicious cycle that fixing it will be painful.

Robert Goren
12-30-2009, 10:20 AM
So do you guys want to close some of those nearly 1000 military bases we have in other countries and bring the troops home to defend our tens of thousands of miles of borders? The short answer is YES! The long answer is YES! We no longer troops in Japan and Germany and a bunch of other places.

Tom
12-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Since the gummint's the biggest employer, where are you going to find jobs for former fed employees if you cut the fed budget? You cut out the pork, you're going to take jobs away from companies, could lead to more unemployment.

It's just not that easy. I don't like the pork or the bloated government, but it's such a vicious cycle that fixing it will be painful.

You are looking for ways for it to fail. You need to look for ways to make it work. Start at square one and decide what situation you want to exist. Would you rather pay people to protect the borders or study video games played by old people? Suppose we end up with the same 10% unemployment as we have today, but the 90% working are accomplishing real things.

boxcar
12-30-2009, 11:43 AM

Kill the Cash Cow that is feeding the Welfare State -- both individual and corporate. Then the government would have more than enough money to meed it's Constitutional duty of protecting its citizens, instead of trying to give everyone under the sun handouts. How's that for starters?

Boxcar

boxcar
12-30-2009, 11:52 AM

So, you're using the "government is too big to fail" argument? Are you suggesting that once someone is employed by the government that that employment becomes all but irrevocable? That government employees are guaranteed a job for life, if they want it? That government employees differ from their private sector counterparts in that the former have some kind of mortal lock on their jobs -- some sort of God-given right to it?

The "too painful" argument is wearing mighty thin, and it's primarily why we're so deep in debt.

Boxcar