PDA

View Full Version : can "joe cool" be the difference for the ravens?

bisket
12-27-2009, 12:13 PM
is this really 8-6 against 7-7? yeah thats the records for the ravens and steelers, but make no mistake both are capable of winning the super bowl. the league made some adjustments to "not your average joe" :cool: at quarterback, but now i think joe has made his adjustments to the league. the ravens are solid in all areas. good running game, can win passing the ball, and a defense that the league still fears. make no mistake the ravens win this game they can go all the way :ThmbUp:

headhawg
12-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Again with the Ravens to the Super Bowl...

The Ravens are what their record says they are -- an average team maybe. Before you glow about their defense (or their offense, for that matter) they have played Cleveland twice (real bad), the Lions (real bad), the Bears (real bad), and KC (real bad). The good teams that they've played they lost to -- Indy, NE, Minny, Green Bay and Cincy (both marginally good). They did beat the Chargers, but that team wasn't as good early in the season as they are now. In those losses Joe Cool looked more like Average Joe.

I'll take your action on the Ravens making it to the Big Game. And if average teams make the SB this year then I'm going to do something else this besides watch it.

bisket
12-27-2009, 12:59 PM
i see your still smarting over last week. :p

headhawg
12-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Nope. The Bears suck so you want to brag that you beat a terrible team? Go for it. I'm not stupid enough to be blinded by some kind of team loyalty. But after your last comment you better hope that the Ravens make it. I can be pretty relentless when I want to be.

cj
12-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Brutal play calling by the Ravens at the end. They get to the Steeler's 40 with under 3 minutes left and then try to McClain runs up the middle on 1st and 2nd down?

bisket
12-27-2009, 07:03 PM
yeah i couldn't figure that out myself. i think the only people they fooled with those calls is themselves. to many mental mistakes from the coaching and players. td pass right through the wickets by mason. block in the back on the interception return for the touchdown. the right tackle not even being capable of slowing any lineman he was assigned to block down even a little bit. the pass interference call at the end was pretty cheap. they were letting them play the whole game and then all of a sudden you can't even touch a reciever? i watched that cornerback maul heap all the way down the sideline on that one pass in the end zone that heap didn't catch in the 1st half. that was a no call and the ravens settled for a field goal. joe and rice had outstanding games in a tough loss. defense played well as usual. we're still in it.

cj's dad
12-27-2009, 07:04 PM
The game centered around a dropped perfectly thrown pass to a wide open Derrick Mason in the end zone. He was shown numerous times after the drop smiling.

As someone said several weeks ago, if you are a Ravens fan get used to them not getting any calls.

TWO (2) Ravens touchdowns were called back - make that TWO !!

Dahoss9698
12-27-2009, 07:25 PM
The game centered around a dropped perfectly thrown pass to a wide open Derrick Mason in the end zone. He was shown numerous times after the drop smiling.

As someone said several weeks ago, if you are a Ravens fan get used to them not getting any calls.

TWO (2) Ravens touchdowns were called back - make that TWO !!

To be fair, both call backs were the correct calls. They beat themselves today.

I Love NYRA
12-28-2009, 12:40 PM
There are about 12 teams in it and 5 of them can win the super bowl but i dont have pittsburgh or baltimore as my teams out of those 5 still left that can win it i have indy-sd-gb-philly-dallas- out of those 5 teams indy will be the hardest to keep out but take a watch for dallas as they have a lot to play for this year. :D

Robert Goren
12-28-2009, 01:08 PM
The boys need to figure out how get a foot on 3rd or 4th down. Pretty sad.