PDA

View Full Version : If true, it certainly speaks volumes as to their own self-image

PaceAdvantage
12-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Democrats will invoke Bush in 2010
But Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), chair of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, told reporters last week that Democrats have a plan: Remind voters of George W. Bush.That's just downright sad...no other accomplishments to highlight, other than more Bush bashing?

How in the world is that going to help your cause in 2010?

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation-and-world/la-na-ticket20-2009dec20,0,1594759.story

Tom
12-26-2009, 06:22 PM
You gotta play the hand you're dealt.
The dems drew to an inside straight and got nothing! :lol:

ElKabong
12-26-2009, 07:07 PM
Wish we had leadership that took the bull by the horns instead of whining. A look at great leaders in any endeavor, you won't see finger pointers. That shit is for losers.

If this admin can get unemployment back to what it was before the dems took over congress in 2007, then they can talk. Until then it's "Put up, or STFU."

boxcar
12-26-2009, 07:52 PM
That's just downright sad...no other accomplishments to highlight, other than more Bush bashing?

How in the world is that going to help your cause in 2010?

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation-and-world/la-na-ticket20-2009dec20,0,1594759.story

Any Republican with a half a brain in his head (and I'm not sure if there are any out there) would be able to turn that utterly stupid Dem strategy upon their heads as heaping coals! I know I certainly could. :p

Boxcar

Tom
12-26-2009, 10:27 PM
The bottom line for this administration is that the absolute best they could ever hope to accomplish is to put thing back where Bush left them. But I doubt they can pull that off. We have slid too far.

lamboguy
12-27-2009, 03:29 AM
The bottom line for this administration is that the absolute best they could ever hope to accomplish is to put thing back where Bush left them. But I doubt they can pull that off. We have slid too far.ithinkthe real sick thing we are talking about is not which administration is better than the other, but which one is worse. obama and bush are both wrecking balls for this country, bush has already been measured, he brought the price of gold up 4 fold during his administration and he was a 2 term president. i know the book is still out yet, but i think the current guy only gets a one term shot at you. the price of gold is up 25% since he has taken office. the measuring stick will be how high it gets and if there is a dollar around to measure it against by the time he's gone. the reason why gold is such a perfect indicator is because it is a reflection of the whole world on how trustworthy the leaders are. and gold is priced these days in dollars.

so you guys really don't have to worry about what your opion's are or what anyone else's is, the proof of the puding is going to fall in the numeric value of the price of gold. it always has for the past 5000 years, and i suspect it will for the next 5000.

jballscalls
12-27-2009, 10:19 AM
as sad as it is, i think this might be the dem's only shot at gaining any steam in 2010. because certainly Obama/Pelosi and company aren't going to gain any popularity with how they've been doing and will continue to do.

so they are getting desperate and clinging to the sole reason they got elected, which is because so many people hated Bush. Bush is viewed by many Americans as an enemy and not a president, but since Obama has been so bad, he's kind of faded from view. So the Dem's are going to try to bring him back as the face of the republican party.

If the repub's could unite behind a single, likeable person as their face and candidate in 2012, they should wipe the floor, but if they put forth a Palin or someone like that, who knows what will happen.

Robert Goren
12-27-2009, 10:23 AM
For the record, most of the increase in the price of gold can be traced to buying by the government of India which began in 2002 and continues to this day.

lamboguy
12-27-2009, 12:05 PM
For the record, most of the increase in the price of gold can be traced to buying by the government of India which began in 2002 and continues to this day.correct me if i am wrong, isn't thereal story bihind gold how much the republic of china is going to buy?

Robert Goren
12-27-2009, 12:23 PM
That could be. I would touch gold with a ten foot pole. I can't even figure out which jockey is going to try for the lead, let alone guess what a foreign government is going to do.

lamboguy
12-27-2009, 12:34 PM
That could be. I would touch gold with a ten foot pole. I can't even figure out which jockey is going to try for the lead, let alone guess what a foreign government is going to do.
what we do know is that the united states claims to be the largest holder of gold in the world, if they actually have the gold they aren't selling the stuff. if it comes out that they really don't have it,then all hell will break lose. either way the price of gold in any currency worldwide will be alot higher a year from now than what it is now.

prospector
12-27-2009, 01:58 PM
my take on gold is a bit different than most...every amount i dig outta the earth increases the wealth of our country..its the true way to create wealth..
its also getting crowded in the desert..i imagine i'll see more people next summer..
go to ebay and search "gold paydirt"...i actually bought from a few to see what they were doing...they're salting sand and dirt..you get from 1 grain (481 to the ounce) to 3 grains in each shipment..depending what you pay for it..in other words they're selling gold for over 3k an ounce..with no shortage of buyers..
something about a fool and his money?