PDA

View Full Version : The Integrity of Art Wilson.

Indian Charlie
12-26-2009, 12:20 PM
I hope everyone appreciates and understands how important people like Art Wilson (San Gabriel Valley Tribune, Pasadena Star News) are to all of us.

Without him, few speak truth to the sport we all love.

Not unlike most of us, Art wants his Santa Anita (dirt) back, too.

And Del Mar (the height of incompetence and dishonesty).

And Hollywood.

And Keeneland (the elitists).

And Woodbine.

And Turfway.

And Arlington.

In these bad economic times, with no real racing media remaining (one could argue that DRF is in bed with the tracks), Art plays a vital role (as do sites like Pace Advantage).

They give us a voice.

Few hold Santa Anita, Hollywood and Del Mar more accountable.

Thank you, Art, for your courage, honesty and empathy.

And, most impressive, your integrity.

They should all be like you.

Arts latest post: Ron Charles, SA President, takes stand against synthetics.

http://www.insidesocal.com/horseracing

andymays
12-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Art is one of the few that isn't afraid to ask the tough questions and tell it like it is.

Art Wilson. :ThmbUp:

illinoisbred
12-26-2009, 12:32 PM
I wish there was such a voice in the midwest. Also, I agree most DRF correspondents are in the racetracks management's backpocket. They will never risk losing all the freebies tracks hand out to them.

Robert Fischer
12-26-2009, 12:56 PM
I hope everyone appreciates and understands how important people like Art Wilson (San Gabriel Valley Tribune, Pasadena Star News) are to all of us.

Without him, few speak truth to the sport we all love.

Not unlike most of us, Art wants his Santa Anita (dirt) back, too.

And Del Mar (the height of incompetence and dishonesty).

And Hollywood.

And Keeneland (the elitists).

And Woodbine.

And Turfway.

And Arlington.

WTF?
I praise his integrity, tell me about his integrity, but his opinion sucks! The unique characteristics and surface biases are what makes many on that list profitable. We just got through establishing that there is a need for a high stakes classic distance synthetic race, and he wants to go ALL dirt?? Guess we'll have to watch it on TV in Dubai. Apparently he missed the last Breeders Cups.

andymays
12-26-2009, 01:58 PM
WTF?
I praise his integrity, tell me about his integrity, but his opinion sucks! The unique characteristics and surface biases are what makes many on that list profitable. We just got through establishing that there is a need for a high stakes classic distance synthetic race, and he wants to go ALL dirt?? Guess we'll have to watch it on TV in Dubai. Apparently he missed the last Breeders Cups.

Art didn't make that list and it's not in his article. Those are the comments of the poster although his comments on Del Mar are right on the money.