PDA

View Full Version : Doug O' Neill

NY BRED
12-26-2009, 06:40 AM
shake me,wake me,Doug has three entries today at PHA:eek:

Canarsie
12-26-2009, 09:53 AM
He's been there well over a month there was an interview with Rich Perloff and him on TVG. He said the purses were better had to do what's best for his owners it was good stuff.

onefast99
12-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Several Cal owners have shipped stock to him.

BELMONT 6-6-09
12-26-2009, 10:16 AM
This could be the beginning of a gradual exodus.

cj
12-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Are the owners moving to Pennsylvania? I don't see the point of owning horses if they are racing on the other side of the country, but that is probably just me.

andymays
12-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Are the owners moving to Pennsylvania? I don't see the point of owning horses if they are racing on the other side of the country, but that is probably just me.

Much bigger purses for claimers and a dirt surface.

cj
12-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Much bigger purses for claimers and a dirt surface.

Come on, I understand that. I'm just saying what it the point if you can't actually watch your horses run live and get your picture taken when they win. I find it hard to believe guys investing in claimers are doing it to get rich.

andymays
12-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Come on, I understand that. I'm just saying what it the point if you can't actually watch your horses run live and get your picture taken when they win. I find it hard to believe guys investing in claimers are doing it to get rich.

Things are so bad for some of these owners (many are way behind in paying their bills) in California that the money is the only thing that matters right now.

Robert Goren
12-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Things are so bad for some of these owners (many are way behind in paying their bills) in California that the money is the only thing that matters right now. They won't be owners long if they can't be there when their horses run.

cj
12-26-2009, 01:12 PM
They won't be owners long if they can't be there when their horses run.

That is my point. Why bother? Just dump them below value and let them get claimed. It isn't free to ship 3000 miles to Philly, so it would be a wash on the loss in claiming price. Who knows what bill of goods O'Neill has sold them though.

senortout
12-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Oh, and it goes without saying, but I'm sure Mr. Oneil will be right there saddling each and every one.....

What WAS I thinking?

senortout

ezrabrooks
12-26-2009, 01:55 PM
Hey Doug...welcome to East Coast Winter Racing..

alhattab
12-26-2009, 02:26 PM
This could be the beginning of a gradual exodus.

I read something- I think lead in 12/26 Form re. SA opening day- that there are 2,500 ready-to-run horses in CA now compared to 3,500 at this same time last year.

cj
12-26-2009, 02:37 PM
I read something- I think lead in 12/26 Form re. SA opening day- that there are 2,500 ready-to-run horses in CA now compared to 3,500 at this same time last year.

Probably about 1800 of them are maidens.

toussaud
12-26-2009, 02:55 PM
does it honestly matter? I think it's more of the racing secetary than the amount of horses.

oaklawn has all of 1100 ish horses on the grounds and gets 12 horse fields in every race.

santa anita had 3500 horses and 5 of them would run in a race.

they are not writing races for what is on the grounds. I like the 8k claimer at santa anita. smart move.

Mineshaft
12-26-2009, 04:35 PM
shake me,wake me,Doug has three entries today at PHA:eek:

you dont follow much racing do you?

Mineshaft
12-26-2009, 04:37 PM
They won't be owners long if they can't be there when their horses run.

stupid quote. I dont care if i watch my horse run or not as long as it makes me money. You ever heard of HRTV and TVG. You can watch your horse there.

Spalding No!
12-26-2009, 04:58 PM
stupid quote. I dont care if i watch my horse run or not as long as it makes me money. You ever heard of HRTV and TVG. You can watch your horse there.

I'm sure the owner of Mineshaft would concur.

Mineshaft
12-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Yall sound like a bunch of women. "If i cant watch my horse in person then it doesnt make sense to be an owner"

Boo freakin hooooooo

PaceAdvantage
12-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Yall sound like a bunch of women. "If i cant watch my horse in person then it doesnt make sense to be an owner"

Boo freakin hoooooooThis thread is getting more intellectual by the moment...

bisket
12-26-2009, 06:11 PM
i don't like oneil much anyhow. i read in an article somewhere that lava man's ankles were so bad before he had the treatments that he couldn't walk right for 3 months. what were they pumping in him to race him the past year so he was on the track.

Spalding No!
12-26-2009, 06:15 PM

And you sound like a monumental doosh bag. I don't think anyone on here really give's a sh!t about it one way or the other. They were just expressing their surprise that some of O'Neill's owners would agree to absorb the cost of shipping their horses cross country to run. Most owner's don't get into this sport to solely to make a profit, but I suppose if anyone does it would be the owner of a big claiming stable.

But you already knew all this, you obviously got the game beat.

PaceAdvantage
12-26-2009, 06:16 PM
You see..I told you...more intellectual by the moment indeed!

onefast99
12-26-2009, 06:39 PM
O'neill stats as of 12-27-09 23 starts 7w 4pl 3sh

He is 31% win and 61% in the money.

Spalding No!
12-26-2009, 06:42 PM
You see..I told you...more intellectual by the moment indeed!

Yep. Reminds me of the last page of the Reflect Times thread over in the Handicapping Discussion.

PaceAdvantage
12-26-2009, 06:53 PM
Yep. Reminds me of the last page of the Reflect Times thread over in the Handicapping Discussion.Indeed.

Space Monkey
12-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Responding to the lack of intelligence here, I believe doosh is spelled "douche" :lol:

GaryG
12-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Responding to the lack of intelligence here, I believe doosh is spelled "douche" :lol:Yes, but "doosh" seems more in line with the IQ level of the reast of this thread.

Spalding No!
12-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Yes, but "doosh" seems more in line with the IQ level of the reast of this thread.

Reast assured, I was trying to circumvent the censors.

nijinski
12-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Could be many reasons that only he knows.
Also could be several theories.

Know one knows their condition so maybe they will get claimed.
The purse are tempting thanks to slots.
The horses there are inferior to his claimers .
He can generate new business .
He wants to experience the four seasons :rolleyes:

NY BRED
12-26-2009, 09:55 PM
you dont follow much racing do you?

No, not much, just be involved in the game for more than 20 years
:mad:

Stillriledup
12-26-2009, 10:46 PM
California owners are a silly bunch. They're running horses on bad racetracks with low purses for what? The opportunity to get in to the winners circle? That's an awful expensive visit to get your picture taken, no? Why not just own horses that run at slots tracks, get a table in the dining room at Santa Anita, bring all your friends and watch your horse win slots money out of town? Is it absolutely necessary to physically go into the winners circle? Is going in the winners circle so important that you'd run horses in So Cal with no slots instead of shipping to a slots fueled track?

Mineshaft
12-26-2009, 10:51 PM
No, not much, just be involved in the game for more than 20 years
:mad:

in what capacity?

O'Neill has been in Philly and Penn for 2 months now-do you ever buy the Racing Form or do you buy the cheap program?

Robert Goren
12-26-2009, 11:51 PM
stupid quote. I dont care if i watch my horse run or not as long as it makes me money. You ever heard of HRTV and TVG. You can watch your horse there. If can make money by owning horses, more power to you. You are rare breed. Every owner I have known lost money on them although they always had hope. They lived for the day they could their picture taken. If I was within shouting range I would get drug into the winner's circle. They were like a parent whose kid had just won a state championship. Watching on tv isn't the samething. At least it wouldn't be for me.

PaceAdvantage
12-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Reast assured, I was trying to circumvent the censors.You are joking, correct? Or do you actually think "doosh bag" is better than "douche bag?"

Man, I've been talking about the intelligence level of threads lately...what a prime example this one is turning out to be...:lol:

duncan04
12-27-2009, 11:15 PM
Reast assured, I was trying to circumvent the censors.

cant even spell rest :eek: :bang:

Spalding No!
12-27-2009, 11:53 PM
cant even spell rest :eek: :bang:

Hey, Capernicus, check out the post I was responding to when I wrote that.

Thanks for "jumping in at the 1/8th pole", genius.

Spalding No!
12-27-2009, 11:58 PM
You are joking, correct? Or do you actually think "doosh bag" is better than "douche bag?"

Man, I've been talking about the intelligence level of threads lately...what a prime example this one is turning out to be...:lol:

You're a moderator (besides being a daft hypocrite), right?

When you write a word that gets censored, it shows up as #####.

I wasn't sure I'd get my point across unless I mispelled the word intentionally.

Didn't realize you guys were so touchy about your feminine hygiene products. My bad.

johnhannibalsmith
12-28-2009, 12:13 AM
Hey, Capernicus,...

I thought all sarcastic sentences that began that way were the intellectual property of Dennis Miller.

Spalding No!
12-28-2009, 12:16 AM
I thought all sarcastic sentences that began that way were the intellectual property of Dennis Miller.

Actually, I stole it from Seinfeld.

Besides, once something like that appears on this board, in a way, it ceases to be "intellectual" property.