PDA

View Full Version : Is HOY voting already closed?

Stillriledup
12-26-2009, 05:50 AM
Jay Hovdey seems to think it is, Steve Crist says the voting remains open till Jan 4th.

Zippy Chippy
12-26-2009, 07:31 AM
When is HOY announced?

Saratoga_Mike
12-26-2009, 08:01 AM
Jay Hovdey seems to think it is, Steve Crist says the voting remains open till Jan 4th.

I'd bet on Crist being right.

Zippy Chippy
12-26-2009, 09:12 AM
I'd bet on Crist being right.

I really think Zenyatta is going to win. Almost everything is based on "What have you done for me lately". Rachel did her thing and then took the rest of the year off, and Zenyatta is the last thing voters will remember. I hope I'm wrong even thought I love Zen

Saratoga_Mike
12-26-2009, 09:14 AM
I really think Zenyatta is going to win. Almost everything is based on "What have you done for me lately". Rachel did her thing and then took the rest of the year off, and Zenyatta is the last thing voters will remember. I hope I'm wrong even thought I love Zen

I fear the same thing.

andymays
12-26-2009, 09:16 AM
I fear the same thing.

It's closer than you think. The public opinion polls are misleading. In fact I would give Rachel an edge when it comes to the real voters.

Bobzilla
12-26-2009, 09:18 AM
When is HOY announced?

I believe the Eclipse Awards Dinner is on Monday January 18th. I can't remember from past years if this is when official results are announced or if there are press releases prior to the ceremony.

egreen
12-26-2009, 09:21 AM
The top 3 vote-getters in each category are announced in advance, but the official announcements come at the ceremony. A few category winners (media, etc...) are announced well in advance, presumably to give those folks time to plan to attend.

nijinski
12-27-2009, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=egreen]The top 3 vote-getters in each category are announced in advance, but the official announcements come at the ceremony. A few category winners (media, etc...) are announced well in advance, presumably to give those folks time to plan to attend.[/QU

Many years ago the winners were notified in advance , but due to leaks to
the the press , it was my understanding there are no pre notifications ,unless
things have changed again.

46zilzal
12-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Opinion's from fans have NEVER been the deciding factor or any year's vote.

Ballots are mailed out during the early weeks of January accessed and sent back to be tabulated with the announcement usually in mid month.