PDA

View Full Version : Tampa 12/26/09 Visit

Track Collector
12-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Saturday will be my one-a-year visit to Tampa (while visiting in-laws over the Christmas holidays).

This is pretty late notice, but are there any PA members or others that I should stop by and say hello to?

Tampa is always a welcome visit to a live race card when temperatures back home are usually 30-40 degrees lower. :)

only11
12-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Saturday will be my one-a-year visit to Tampa (while visiting in-laws over the Christmas holidays).

This is pretty late notice, but are there any PA members or others that I should stop by and say hello to?

Tampa is always a welcome visit to a live race card when temperatures back home are usually 30-40 degrees lower. :)
I live down the street but i cant attend my inlaws are in town.

Tampa Russ
12-26-2009, 10:32 AM
I live down the street but i cant attend my inlaws are in town.

That's the sorriest excuse I've ever heard;)

matthewsiv
12-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Why don't you all meet at Berns for a steak and caesars salad afterwards.

Track Collector
12-26-2009, 11:43 AM
It's about 11:40 a.m. and I have arrived at the parking lot.

I have wireless available on my laptop and I'll be checking the forum and p-m's for late posters frequently.

Weather looks nice!!! Now let's hope handicapping results at the end of the day are similiar too. :)

only11
12-26-2009, 01:45 PM
That's the sorriest excuse I've ever heard;)
Its either the races or divorce court..the races would be cheaper

judd
12-26-2009, 01:47 PM
how is the weather (warm) ?

only11
12-26-2009, 01:54 PM
how is the weather (warm) ?
60's dropping to high 40's tonite

judd
12-27-2009, 01:50 PM
hey tc, how was your day at tampa bay ?

Track Collector
12-27-2009, 03:25 PM
hey tc, how was your day at tampa bay ?

Hello judd, thanks for asking!

Financially it was a losing day, and although the plan is to end up profitable, visits like these are all about enjoying the fresh air and the beauty of seeing horses run in person.

Weather was a bit cooler than hoped for (mid 50's with some wind), but without a doubt MUCH better than home track Charles Town at this time of year.

My financial results at live Tampa cards are usually on the negative side, and this visit was destined to be so too with the type of card offered. All 11 races were exclusively for 2-year-olds, so we know what betting maidens and lightly-raced horses will do for our bankrolls. :( :lol:

Another thing that has changed since my previous visit last year is that the single-lane Race Track Road is in the process of being widened to at least two lanes each way. This new road has taken up a portion of the main parking lot, so I was lucky to get a spot. Rumor has it that contruction has halted due to lack of funds.

Now I can look forward to my next track trek to hopefully warmer Turf Paradise (Phoenix) and fair-like meet at Rillito Park (Tucson) at the end of January. :jump: