PDA

View Full Version : Zippy Chippy Wins!

Tom
08-08-2001, 09:47 PM
It finally happened.
Zippy Chippy won toinght.
He beat a ballplayer at Frontier Field in Rochester, NY.
The race was 50 yards. On the grass.
Last year, he got beat by a ballplayer at 40 yards on the dirt. He was screaming for more distance and he has some turf breeding. He was not favored.
They had a winner's circle in the infield and the crowd went nuts. He was using this race as a prep for the fair circuit in New England this fall.

Tom

PaceAdvantage
08-09-2001, 01:46 AM
Didn't he beat a pacer last time out (a few months ago) at Freehold Raceway (might be a different track)??? Harness horse got a huge head start, and Zippy was flying down the stretch and just caught him....saw the race myself (on TRN)...

==PA

08-09-2001, 07:30 AM
I had the exacta....I boxed it!

Observer
08-14-2001, 02:56 PM
Maybe he's on a winning streak now? LOL!

Tom
08-14-2001, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Observer
Maybe he's on a winning streak now? LOL!

This might sound nuts, but I am pretty familiar wiht Zippy and when he "Won" last week, he looked like a dead fit race horse and he has not in at least a year or two. He is fit, trim, and his coat was absolutley sparkling
and he just impressed the heck out of me. His concentratin was noticably keen, too, and it is usually kind "spacy!" The jock ran him up and down the "course a few times and he was all business.
I think the Zipster is sitting on the best race of his life, which will come in the fair meets coming up soon. I actually put Zippy on my horses to watch list for the fairs and I plan to bet the old boy. (I have bet on him before).
Now, the best race of his life might not be good enough to hit the board, but what the hey, I want to have bragging rights when he does win, so Go, Zippy, Go!
Tom

kenwoodall
03-02-2003, 04:02 PM
he's 1of 2 vs. humans! Did you notice both times he ran at Northampton the winner was a big longshot? I heard Mafia used to run that track.