PDA

View Full Version : Chas. E Cheese @ Grand Prarie special

smf
04-06-2001, 05:04 AM
Only Hdcper's good old buddy (tongue in cheek, hdcper)Chuck Badone could possibly set the (inflated) m/l at 20-1 on this runner in the 7th at Chuck E Cheese @ GP (aka Lone Star).

Wes Hawley is a very solid trainer that is pretty sharp off a claim. His runner (sunshine classic) isn't a lock by any means, but at 20-1 vs this bunch is worthy of a swing. The guy he claimed her off is a decent trainer and doesn't give away prizes at the clambox which makes it a risk.

Also, Hawley usually works a claim fast before a good effort. This one looks like she walked around the strip in the work on Tuesday. Perrodin hasn't ridden for Hawley before that I recall (or in bris' stats), but has a good rep' as a grass rider.

Still, she has things going for her here, perhaps.

Sunshine Classic is by Allegedly Wild, a potentially good grass sire. Her dam has produced My Sunshine (full sister), who has kicked some decent tail on grass down here. Before Cazaubon claimed My Sunshine, she won 5 of 9 grass starts--then she proceeded to get better after the claim. Bris' pp's show that the dam has one turf winner in 4 strs. That's misleading in that only 2 foals from the dam has tried grass as of now. Sushine Kassi (o for5) is the other.

Memo to Lone Star mgmnt: Buy Badone an APR CD for Christmas this year! Judging by his m/l's in the past 5 years he's in desperate need of one. A little study in the world of turf racing is always nice. Races that exclude TX bred Maiden claimers require a little digging from time to time.

The win and place pools are preferred here but if you're looking for something else, the stoutest competition will come from Akita Gold I think. Too many variables here to go exotics, imo.

So much for the idea of watching all the races this week to see what the track plays like. I'll get there in time for my race(s), then get out of there fast.

I saw more 12 year old kids on bikes and rollerblades Thursday than horses and jockeys. After the post parades the jumbotron would switch to 12 yr old boys on blades and miniature bikes doing..., whatever that was out there. Would have been nice to see horses warm up.

If they're going to continue to imitate a ChuckE Cheese operation this year (like every other year), I vote for a replay of the parachute disaster! Broken bones, delayed start of stakes races...That was a topper!

The 'premature evacuation' of half of the celebratory ballons at 4pm was a nice touch. The 10 of us that were there to see it were impressed..., as usual.

Brwwwwahahahahahaha.