PDA

View Full Version : Winning Move Stable

NY BRED
12-24-2009, 09:29 PM
anyone keeping tabs on this barn?

Seems they have downsized their operation, or at least
they are not as active as in previous years.

onefast99
12-25-2009, 11:19 AM
I saw Steve up at Saratoga in late August with Contessa, I must tell you Gary hasn't missed a beat at the local buffet he is enormous. As far as the stable goes they seem to be buying and selling as usual.

tzipi
12-25-2009, 12:16 PM
anyone keeping tabs on this barn?

Seems they have downsized their operation, or at least
they are not as active as in previous years.

Claim a horse cheap give it to Contessa,step it up some class notches and win good at a price. Always their game. Haven't seem them as much around but have made good money on their move over the years.

Mineshaft
12-25-2009, 02:49 PM
always thought they didnt make the best claims around. I would always wonder why they would take a certain horse.

onefast99
12-25-2009, 07:41 PM
always thought they didnt make the best claims around. I would always wonder why they would take a certain horse.
Indy's forum wasn't the best of private purchases by them she runs for 5k now and didn't do much for Winning Move. They did have a nice run about two years ago when pumpkin head broke the trainers record and won the inner meet by leaps and bounds.

Mineshaft
12-25-2009, 09:15 PM
i dont buy the AM form so i dont follow them anymore but when i did they always had 2 horses per race and if i remember right some of the claims were questionable.

the little guy
12-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Indy's forum wasn't the best of private purchases by them she runs for 5k now and didn't do much for Winning Move. They did have a nice run about two years ago when pumpkin head broke the trainers record and won the inner meet by leaps and bounds.

She ran six times for Winning Move and Gary Contessa with two wins and three seconds. She also hasn't run for $5K, but even if she did, what does that have to do with Winning Move ( or Contessa ) as they lost her last January?

onefast99
12-26-2009, 10:26 AM
She ran six times for Winning Move and Gary Contessa with two wins and three seconds. She also hasn't run for $5K, but even if she did, what does that have to do with Winning Move ( or Contessa ) as they lost her last January?
They bought her privately for good money out of the Fairgrounds. They had one win in a 20k nw2l and one win in a 10kb claimer and they also ran her 3 days apart once at the Meadowlands on Nov 5th for 30k and then on Nov 8th at Aqu for 35k. The horse has raced for Randi Persuad after the Jan 2009 claim for 10k, she has raced for $7500 her last 5 races. I had her in 5k races but once you hit the 7500 mark 5k isn't much lower. Not a great investment considering how well WM has done with their private purchases thru the Florida connections.

the little guy
12-26-2009, 11:25 AM
They bought her privately for good money out of the Fairgrounds. They had one win in a 20k nw2l and one win in a 10kb claimer and they also ran her 3 days apart once at the Meadowlands on Nov 5th for 30k and then on Nov 8th at Aqu for 35k. The horse has raced for Randi Persuad after the Jan 2009 claim for 10k, she has raced for $7500 her last 5 races. I had her in 5k races but once you hit the 7500 mark 5k isn't much lower. Not a great investment considering how well WM has done with their private purchases thru the Florida connections.

They bought her after she finished a distant second in a $35K NW2L claimer at the Fair Grounds....so your unsubstantiated comment that they paid " good money " for her is extremely questionable.

I know the rest of her record, and I also know that you said she " didn't do much for Winning Move " and that is completely false. Because she runs for $7.5K, not even for Winning Move, does not mean she runs for $5K. It's all about accuracy and your contentions had little to none in regards to this horse.

We get it, you don't like Gary Contessa. You're entitled to that opinion. That doesn't change the inaccuracy of your comments regarding this horse.

onefast99
12-26-2009, 11:38 AM
They bought her after she finished a distant second in a $35K NW2L claimer at the Fair Grounds....so your unsubstantiated comment that they paid " good money " for her is extremely questionable.

I know the rest of her record, and I also know that you said she " didn't do much for Winning Move " and that is completely false. Because she runs for $7.5K, not even for Winning Move, does not mean she runs for $5K. It's all about accuracy and your contentions had little to none in regards to this horse.

We get it, you don't like Gary Contessa. You're entitled to that opinion. That doesn't change the inaccuracy of your comments regarding this horse.
They paid good money for her and that amount is much higher then the 35k claimer she finished 2nd in on 2-14-08. The 10kb at Aqueduct is as close to the bottom as you can get. The 7500 she has raced for in her last 5 races is one step up from the 5k I mentioned. So if you want to split hairs and that makes you happy then go for it. As far as not liking GC you are wrong, he is an excellent trainer and fits WM very well. I have even posted on here congratulating him on his win record two years ago in NY.

the little guy
12-26-2009, 12:09 PM
This game is about accuracy and splitting hairs.

onefast99
12-26-2009, 12:14 PM
This game is about accuracy and splitting hairs.
Agree, but you have to admit a 7500 claimer vs a 5k claimer is really not worth discussing. Have a good holiday and Happy New Year.

cj
12-26-2009, 12:21 PM
They paid good money for her and that amount is much higher then the 35k claimer she finished 2nd in on 2-14-08. The 10kb at Aqueduct is as close to the bottom as you can get. The 7500 she has raced for in her last 5 races is one step up from the 5k I mentioned. So if you want to split hairs and that makes you happy then go for it. As far as not liking GC you are wrong, he is an excellent trainer and fits WM very well. I have even posted on here congratulating him on his win record two years ago in NY.

I find it very hard to believe they would pay more than 35k when the horse was beaten easily for that tag just before. If they wanted to pay 35, they would have claimed her. It isn't like her performance would have made anybody rethink her worth.

onefast99
12-26-2009, 12:48 PM
I find it very hard to believe they would pay more than 35k when the horse was beaten easily for that tag just before. If they wanted to pay 35, they would have claimed her. It isn't like her performance would have made anybody rethink her worth.
It is apparent they wanted her at Aqueduct but something went wrong and she needed a break. The previous owners figured she was worth the 35k plus the purse.

cj
12-26-2009, 01:06 PM
I still find it very hard to believe they paid much more than 15k for her. If they did, they are idiots. If it was a maiden 35k she'd have more value since at least she would have the maiden condition left.

Don't believe everything you are told. No way she sold for 35k, much less more.

onefast99
12-26-2009, 01:37 PM
I still find it very hard to believe they paid much more than 15k for her. If they did, they are idiots. If it was a maiden 35k she'd have more value since at least she would have the maiden condition left.

Don't believe everything you are told. No way she sold for 35k, much less more.
She broker her maiden for 45k on 11-30-07 she ran in 2 n1x allowance races she dropped into a 35k claimer finishing 2nd, that purse was 31k so 35k plus $6200 is at least a value of 40k. She was purchased by WM for more then that in hopes she would be an allowance horse at Aqueduct. She ended up having some problems was given off 6 months and came back into claimers. She did win a 20k nw2l and a 10kb where she was claimed by Persaud.

onefast99
12-26-2009, 01:38 PM
If you claimed her at the FG you are in jail until the end of March.

Mineshaft
12-26-2009, 04:41 PM
If you claimed her at the FG you are in jail until the end of March.

they claimed her on 2007 i would assume shes out of jail by now

onefast99
12-26-2009, 06:20 PM
they claimed her on 2007 i would assume shes out of jail by now
They privately purchased her in February of 2008 if they wanted to claim her like CJ suggested they should of done she would of been in jail until the end of March 2008. WM buys a lot of horses privately just for that reason, they can move the horse to wherever it would be the most competitive, in this case Aqueduct.