PDA

View Full Version : Do You Use Equibase's Scratch Page

Horseplayersbet.com
12-24-2009, 12:49 PM
As most of you know, Equibase started an up to the minute change and scratch page a few months ago. Every track is playing ball by putting in the changes at least 30 minutes to post (after that, the chart caller puts in data as soon as it is announced at the track). Well not every track. NYRA still doesn't input their early changes, but other than NYRA, every other track seems to be embracing this horseplayer friendly initiative.
No racing today, but here is the link: http://www.equibase.com/static/latechanges/html/latechanges.html

post time
12-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Use the equibase early scratch page everyday.It seems like the stewards or vet put the scratches in as soon as they happen with reason scratched.

cj
12-24-2009, 12:55 PM
This doesn't excuse NYRA, but I don't think Philly Park is using it either.

I currently have my program check for scratches, surface, and distance changes and modify the data as needed for processing.

BombsAway Bob
12-24-2009, 01:38 PM
I've been using the TwinSpires scratch link, which is likely the Equibase info

Horseplayersbet.com
12-24-2009, 02:22 PM
OK, how many people here who answered I don't really use it work for NYRA?

egreen
12-24-2009, 03:08 PM
This is probably asking too much, but I would really like to see them include track condition. As it is, I have to go to the track sites to get that info, which somewhat defeats the purpose of having a one-stop shop.

DeanT
12-24-2009, 03:11 PM
This is probably asking too much, but I would really like to see them include track condition. As it is, I have to go to the track sites to get that info, which somewhat defeats the purpose of having a one-stop shop.
Good thought!

Tom
12-24-2009, 03:59 PM
I use it to scratch out crap tracks. NYRA and PHA can't be bothered to input their scratches , I can't be bothered to play them. End of story. I consider NYRA and PHA to be minor league tracks based on their refusal to show fans simple respect. Screw them both. I think Saratoga can go suck eggs this year, too. Why should I spend my money on a miserable track who spits in the face of the customer?

And I support Zenyatta, now too! :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
12-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Is the scratch function in HTR linked to the Equibase page? If so, then I suppose technically, I use it...

BillW
12-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Is the scratch function in HTR linked to the Equibase page? If so, then I suppose technically, I use it...

That's the point of their new service. It is a single point source for timely and accurate changes that any site/software can use seamlessly. Indirectly, yes HTR is using the same information with a bit of a delay, it's not grabbing the data directly from the Equibase site.

Track Collector
12-24-2009, 09:14 PM
I prefer to get scratches from the Racing Channel. When they do not have the track (such as FG or CD), I use Equibase for the scratches.

therussmeister
12-24-2009, 09:35 PM

Problem is, track condition is just one person's opinion. Some might call a track muddy while others refer to the same surface as good. Indeed, the DRF PP's sometimes list a different condition than what was listed on-track. I much prefer to see for myself.

cj
12-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Problem is, track condition is just one person's opinion. Some might call a track muddy while others refer to the same surface as good. Indeed, the DRF PP's sometimes list a different condition than what was listed on-track. I much prefer to see for myself.

Sure, but isn't the current "official" track condition a good starting point?

egreen
12-25-2009, 07:31 AM

Definitely. I imagine that the same person or persons consistently determines a track's "official" condition. So if you are used to playing a particular track, you would at least have an idea of what to expect.

Horseplayersbet.com
12-26-2009, 12:09 PM
This doesn't excuse NYRA, but I don't think Philly Park is using it either.

I currently have my program check for scratches, surface, and distance changes and modify the data as needed for processing.
Philly Park submitted 30 minutes to post today, and Aqueduct submitted changes at 11:43 AM
http://www.equibase.com/static/latechanges/html/latechanges.html

illinoisbred
12-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Hawthorne scratches were up on their website approx. 45 minutes before they appeared on Equibase.

cj
12-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Hawthorne scratches were up on their website approx. 45 minutes before they appeared on Equibase.

Again, that is on Hawthorne. If they were smart, they would input them in the Equibase system and link their site to it. Of course, that is only if they were smart.

Equibase is trying to do something to help the entire industry, and like most things in this game, some don't want to cooperate.

As for Philly and Aqueduct, I guess that means the chart caller entered them for Philly and Aqueduct gave us an extra 15 minutes today. At least they actually did the task...either that or the Equibase employee showed up early today.

Horseplayersbet.com
12-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Both Aqueduct and Philly were very good about inputting info today as well.
It appears that they are both on board now.

Tom
12-27-2009, 12:37 PM
I wouldn't call less than an hour before post time doing a good job.

njcurveball
12-27-2009, 01:53 PM

I agree 100% and hopefully in 2010 they figure out how to use technology from 15 years ago to update it right on the front page for the scratches. It really is not that hard. Especially if you are the company responsible for accurate racing information with employees at all of the tracks running.