PDA

View Full Version : A thread was removed

PaceAdvantage
12-24-2009, 04:32 AM
You guys really must consider what you are posting before you actually post it from now on...I am getting very uncomfortable with some of the stuff that has been posted in off-topic lately.

Ya'll don't have to think too hard to realize exactly what I am talking about...

But if it helps any:

Cool it with the "lock and load" and "getting capped" talk. I'll have no more of that here.

DJofSD
12-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Must be time to cue up Gill Scott-Heron's "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised".

Greyfox
12-24-2009, 11:30 AM
Cool it with the "lock and load" and "getting capped" talk. I'll have no more of that here.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: Well said. You get a vote here for that move.
For the most part I thought it was keyboard bravado and not something that would likely happen. But a thread suggesting violent intolerance of the clowns in government just might set off one "wing nut" somewhere to do something outlandish. Then when we read about it in the papers or see it on TV we wonder how could anyone do something so sick.

By the way Merry Christmas PA and all sensible board members. You run an excellent forum.

GaryG
12-24-2009, 12:03 PM
But a thread suggesting violent intolerance of the clowns in government just might set off one "wing nut" somewhere to do something outlandish. Then when we read about it in the papers or see it on TV we wonder how could anyone do something so sick.If this was to happen I garontee they would blame it on O'Reilly. Merry Christmas to all.

Marshall Bennett
12-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Many more could be removed, but who am I to judge . Merry Christmas all !!

HUSKER55
12-24-2009, 12:16 PM
I seriusly doubt this forum will promote a terrorist or a revolution but then I never thought they would elect people of no honor or conscience to government.

merry christmas and happy new year to all

:)

Robert Goren
12-24-2009, 12:22 PM
With all due respect, Husker55, didn't they teach you about Aaron Burr in school?

boxcar
12-24-2009, 01:07 PM
With all due respect, Husker55, didn't they teach you about Aaron Burr in school?

Next to BO, Burr was saint. Burr only killed Hamilton; but BO is destroying an entire nation arguably by design.

Boxcar

Robert Goren
12-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Next to BO, Burr was saint. Burr only killed Hamilton; but BO is destroying an entire nation arguably by design.

Boxcar Apparently you must have napped during history class if you think that only thing Burr did was kill Hamilton.

boomman
12-24-2009, 03:50 PM
You guys really must consider what you are posting before you actually post it from now on...I am getting very uncomfortable with some of the stuff that has been posted in off-topic lately.

Ya'll don't have to think too hard to realize exactly what I am talking about...

But if it helps any:

Mike: Although I didn't read the threads in question, (and with the apparent crap they contained I'm glad I didn't) I for one am a member of this board because of you. You are not afraid of stepping on someone's toes if necessary for the good of the board, and you will not hesitate to delete an improper thread that could take away from the spirit and the intended comaraderie of this board and its members. I quit another board that was similar in subject matter to this one because the "so called" moderators were absolutely allowing anything (no matter how improper) to be said, and it really got out of hand. As I have said many times, I am not thrilled with having "conversations" with anonymous folks, especially when they know who I am, but I have been willing to do that as long as the forum is well moderated and the discussions stay in line. Congratulations on your 10 plus years, and here's to many more.............:ThmbUp:

Merry Christmas and a Prosperous 2010 and beyond!:)

Boomer

skate
12-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Apparently you must have napped during history class if you think that only thing Burr did was kill Hamilton.

Yeh, Burr got Chilly, who dont no dat. keyrist.

JustRalph
12-24-2009, 07:40 PM
PA.................... there is nothing wrong with predicting the future.........maybe I could have said it differently............but I still believe that "Government officials" are pushing the limits.........and they place themselves in great peril..........no matter how you say it...............i still think the next 24 months will be crucial.........and some are not going to stand for it...............

predicting it is not the same as advocating for it............btw.....

PaceAdvantage
12-24-2009, 08:04 PM
predicting it is not the same as advocating for it............btw.....Never said it was my good man...just a confluence of too many things going on in that thread for my tastes...that's all...

And I also made it a point not to single anyone out...I hope you saw that as well...

Saratoga_Mike
12-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Never said it was my good man...just a confluence of too many things going on in that thread for my tastes...that's all...

And I also made it a point not to single anyone out...I hope you saw that as well...

Taking a principled stand against your own neo-conservative ilk - well done!

bisket
12-24-2009, 10:16 PM
no need to worry. this is probably what would happen :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENngzZdUMEM&feature=related

Tom
12-25-2009, 12:38 AM
Taking a principled stand against your own neo-conservative ilk - well done!

Yeah, like conserves made the movie about killing Bush, and printed those signs about Kill Bush in another thread. Get a life. You got a lot of dirt bags on your side. Many of them are in office today.:ThmbDown:

BTW, those sentiments are what created this country. Is this a principled stand against the founding fathers as well? The pigs in DC have done more to us that King George ever did to the colonists. Think about that.

BlueShoe
12-25-2009, 01:02 AM
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants".
Thomas Jefferson

ElKabong
12-25-2009, 01:24 AM
PA.................... there is nothing wrong with predicting the future.........maybe I could have said it differently............but I still believe that "Government officials" are pushing the limits.........and they place themselves in great peril..........no matter how you say it...............i still think the next 24 months will be crucial.........and some are not going to stand for it...............

predicting it is not the same as advocating for it............btw.....

Re: "pushing the limits" in DC.

Not recalling all the details, but I think recently there was a Russian that predicted the US would break apart in similar fashion to the old USSR 20 yrs ago. As much as I'm against it happening, I think the possibility of it happening in 10 yrs is there. A lot of folks in my part of the country are tired of DC telling industries how they can and cannot go about their business. If DC does to the energy industry what they did / doing to the health care industry, I definitely see a split coming.

Two yrs ago I would have never dreamed the possibility of it....now, unfortunately, it might happen down the road.

Robert Goren
12-25-2009, 08:22 AM
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants".
Thomas Jefferson I love this quote. The people using it almost never know anything about it or Shay's Rebellion about which Jefferson was refering. I will give you a clue. Jefferson did not consider Shay a patroit.

Saratoga_Mike
12-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Yeah, like conserves made the movie about killing Bush, and printed those signs about Kill Bush in another thread. Get a life. You got a lot of dirt bags on your side. Many of them are in office today.:ThmbDown:

BTW, those sentiments are what created this country. Is this a principled stand against the founding fathers as well? The pigs in DC have done more to us that King George ever did to the colonists. Think about that.

Those things are disgusting and revolting. I would hope anyone that typed those things was immediately banned from the forum. Franky if someone suggested such things, I hope the Secret Service investigates them. The First Amendment doesn't extend to invoking violence against a president or former president.

I have no idea whose side you think I'm on, Tom. I just have no use for neo-conservatives. I'm fine with traditional conservatives (sometimes referred to as paleo-conservatives--e.g., the late Bob Novak--note I didn't agree with him on every last issue). I consider myself a traditional conservative. I just don't believe in the using the US military as an instrument to democratize the world. To me, that's Wilsonian interventionism, something the Republican Party used to firmly oppose. I support low taxes, a strong military, increased spending on intelligence and border patrol and restrained spending in other areas.

I don't really follow your second paragraph, so I can't comment on it. Just because someone suggests your language in one post (Joe Bruno) was ill-conceived (something Pace seems to implicitly back up here) doesn't make them a liberal.

bisket
12-25-2009, 11:27 AM
there's hope for all of us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4mn35d9EHg&feature=related