PDA

View Full Version : Any changes for the new year on capping races..

only11
12-23-2009, 07:04 PM
The new year will soon be here..i would like some input from some cappers on this forum on what changes (if any) they will make when capping the races.

on the personal note i wagered 23,736 dollars this year and i lost 3,752..

MY CHANGE WILL BE BET LESS RACES.

CincyHorseplayer
12-23-2009, 07:28 PM
I have gone back to making oddslines.My aggression and acceptance of trying to kill a card was killing me literally.Oddslines eliminate any frivolousness and run up the red flag as to when to double down.

GaryG
12-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Play more P3 and fewer P4. I finished the year +21% on P3 bets but -2% on P4. Just the reverse of 2008. Also make more bets to win. The first quarter is usually my best with Tampa and FG. Best of luck to all of us....in times like these we sure as hell need it.

banacek
12-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Actually I think I'll increase the number of races I am betting. I have typically been a one horse to win bettor..sometimes 2 horses. The last few months of the year, I started betting 2 or 3 horses to win in a race regularly - and increasing my wager size due to the greater chance of winning. It caused a tremendous increase in my profits. And not dutching..more like hitting a horse good and covering one or two other horses to break even or make a decent profit. Usually it was covering with win bets , sometimes with exactas. The huge increase in my win percentage increased my confidence greatly.

samyn on the green
12-24-2009, 12:33 AM
Better record keeping for 2009. The facilitate this goal I have created a new excel spread sheet that will keep track of ROI is just about every relevant category.

The idea is to bet less and zero in on what is hitting hard.

kenwoodallpromos
12-24-2009, 03:32 AM
I have already been betting more this year; I will bet more on hot horses who fit my handicapping (My picks who fit the race conditions more solidly).

fmolf
12-24-2009, 09:18 AM
make better wagering decisions as to how to attack a race.Iwas and still am strictly a win and exacta player with an occasional double mixed in.Iwould like to start playing p'3s and possibly tri's and supers.I am in the process of gathering together a 2nd bankroll expressly for the more exotic bets just mentioned.Bet small win big seems to be the way to go these days.

Robert Goren
12-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Play one track at a time. When I come upon a unbettable race, go play online poker til it is run so I won't find a reason to bet it. To get out to the live races a little this year as they may not be arround here in Lincoln much longer. To ask myself before every bet "how dumb is this?";)

only11
12-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Play one track at a time. When I come upon a unbettable race, go play online poker til it is run so I won't find a reason to bet it. To get out to the live races a little this year as they may not be arround here in Lincoln much longer. To ask myself before every bet "how dumb is this?";)
:lol: "how dumb is this?

fmolf
12-24-2009, 01:24 PM
my problem exactly!

bisket
12-24-2009, 03:00 PM
i intend to only bet when i'm gonna win ;)

LottaKash
12-24-2009, 03:05 PM
To focus and stay in the "zone", "even -more", than this past year, which wasn't too shabby at that......

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all......:jump: :jump: :jump:

therussmeister
12-24-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm constantly making changes; no need to wait for the New Year.

Tom
12-24-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm down 80% from two years ago. I plan to cut back more this year.
Maybe one day a week, if that. I have pretty much lost interest in racing.
I sure don't plan on wasting my summer watching stupid horses on a computer monitor.

The game just sucks way to much and too many blithering idiots run it.

only11
12-25-2009, 08:13 AM
I'm down 80% from two years ago. I plan to cut back more this year.
Maybe one day a week, if that. I have pretty much lost interest in racing.
I sure don't plan on wasting my summer watching stupid horses on a computer monitor.

The game just sucks way to much and too many blithering idiots run it.
Sometimes i feel thwe sameway. :(

BELMONT 6-6-09
12-25-2009, 08:32 AM
Be more accountable...never making a bad percentage play.(this is a real tough task), but I am ready to try.

Robert Fischer
12-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Not so much a change of principles, as looking at things from an additional perspective. Everything seems like an epiphany when the insight hits home, but more than likely it means correcting an incomplete approach, maybe a few extra opinions a week... who knows? I have some (relatively) ambitious goals, and I will need to establish better consistency with my health to handle the workload that will be necessary. I'd like to put in more time, and also to participate in some contests or tournaments.

windoor
12-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Actually I think I'll increase the number of races I am betting. I have typically been a one horse to win bettor..sometimes 2 horses. The last few months of the year, I started betting 2 or 3 horses to win in a race regularly - and increasing my wager size due to the greater chance of winning. It caused a tremendous increase in my profits. And not dutching..more like hitting a horse good and covering one or two other horses to break even or make a decent profit. Usually it was covering with win bets , sometimes with exactas. The huge increase in my win percentage increased my confidence greatly.

Funny you should say this, as betting more than one horse to win in the same race was the final piece of the puzzle for me. After trying for many, many years to show a profit, this year will be my first. Win percent increased nearly 17 points after throwing away my separator for contenders. Now I just play all of them, as long as the odds are good.

2010 will see me looking at other tracks as well as double up the win bet for the first quarter. Bank is strong and I have a confidence I haven't had in quite some time.

Regards,

Windoor