PDA

View Full Version : Picks for Dec 23 ,Wednesday

Ray2000
12-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Betting Win if odds > 3/1 and 3 Box Exactas

Meadows R4..........4 w/6,7 ...Hypnotic Kris-20/1........2xLasix
Pompano R1..........6 w/1,7 ...Don't Let Down-10/1.......ignore last race boxed in?
Pompano R6..........6 w/5,9 ...Force To Rekinwith-8/1....costly break on drop down to 4K's

Monticello Races 7-8-9 Pic3..... 5,1,7,3 | 3 | all......32 tkts

R7 like a couple longs here... 1&7
R8 single Kyle, (com'on Santa, I've been good:))
R9 the 5 will be way over-used in pic pool

Good Luck All, have a Merry Xmas and Good Punting in 2010,
.....back next year..

melman
12-23-2009, 10:55 AM
Ray--A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to u also. May most of your horses get great trips in the new year. A few I will be using as price horses in pic3's at Monticello today.

R5 4 Nutmegs Gemastreos 8-1
R6 3 Onomatopoeia 8-1
R9 3 Cutting in Line 10-1
R13 2 Nifty Illusion 8-1

**Only a 15% takeout on the pic4 at Meadowlands.

markgoldie
12-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Here's a couple at The Meadows;

R3 #6 Pandoras Gambit. ML 6-1

Launched a strong closing bid when reunited in last with Hall who retains the drive. Field sports some high-speed issues like I Ride Western, Admiral O'Shea, and Bandolero. Chance for a hot pace to move into.

R9 Cold exacta #5 PcSpecial over #6 Sharks R Us.

Due to a quirk of the conditions, both horses are actually dropping down after good efforts in their last. This makes the balance of the field totally outclassed by the these two. However, #5 PcSpecial is clearly the better of the two, having exploded past better in his last for an easy 1:54.3 lifetime best. Since arriving at The Meadows two races back, this 2 year old was parked the mile raw and still finished 5th vs. better, and then the most recent lifetime best. Improving horse. The second place selection, Sharks R Us is a Burke trainee and is driven by Palone. This is a green 3 yr. old Cam's Card Shark filly, who is starting to progress a bit. She was a first-up close third place finisher against NW2 fillies in last, even though she meets the maiden conditions here. Lays over the balance of the field.

markgoldie
12-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Rescind the call on Pandora's Gambit. Being driven on a switch by Paver and I also neglected to notice that this race is one of these stupid dashes that this race secretary somehow seems to think are fun or something. Such races are generally won by high speed and inside posts as they start right into a turn. I would expect the very high-speed I Ride Western with the rail and Palone will be the heavy favorite and is likely to prevail under theses circumstances. Possibly the race secretary is getting the message as the two outside horses have scratched from the event and I don't blame them in the least. Getting sent out of the gate eight and nine wide into a turn is simply ridiculous.

Ray2000
12-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Looks like you 2 Eastern Pa guys finally dug yourself out of 2 feet of snow...:jump:

Mark, good catch on the rescind , I like the other Meadows pick, best of trips... (I'm going 562 St Tri)

My Monti Pic3 failed bad. Mea R4 Ex 7-6 paid $23.20

Race Secretaries ought to get together and discuss how the 1-1/16 mile races did at Yonkers (handle wise) in 2007 and Woodbine's 7/8 mile experiment last December and CalX now trying 1 1/8 miles with 12 starters and (3 trailers).

I'm sure they all FAILED handled wise.

Pompano has the right idea.. instead of one 16 race card, put on two 8 race cards and sell twice the programs!...:lol:

BTW Pompano is really screwing up the ADW sites with double? headers on Saturday's. Twin Spires told me they're working it.

lamboguy
12-23-2009, 07:04 PM
i hope all you harness guys saw the 15th race at flammy today. jody jamison put on the ride of the century in my eyes to get up and win it. now i know why he is so good!

Trotman
12-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Ray I think you hit that on the head FAILED. Horsemen at Woodbine don't even want to talk about the 7/8s experiment and yes handle was down. Georgian Downs has that Extreme Horsepower night although held in the summer and close proximity to cottage country I think their handle is not what they we're hoping for, but with slots they don't care as long as they get your money. Why not just leave well enough alone and stay with the Mile only.

TimesTheyRAChangin
12-23-2009, 07:46 PM
6 winners & 4 seconds today.
And they aren't always the fave.

i hope all you harness guys saw the 15th race at flammy today. jody jamison put on the ride of the century in my eyes to get up and win it. now i know why he is so good!