PDA

View Full Version : Bickersons, what's the excuse this time?

onefast99
12-21-2009, 07:23 AM
Prior to the Starlet Kelly Breen offered up an excuse for Bickersons poor performance in the Breeders Cup. Last night he all but guaranteed Bickersons would be "right there to get the money" I guess he really didn't analyze Bickersons previous race where she had the lead all to herself and rung up pedestrian fractions to win. Blind Luck toyed with this field and won impressively Bickersons excuse this time, she faced a good field and got smoked. I am sure she will win her fair share of minor stakes races at Monmouth Park next spring.

lamboguy
12-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Prior to the Starlet Kelly Breen offered up an excuse for Bickersons poor performance in the Breeders Cup. Last night he all but guaranteed Bickersons would be "right there to get the money" I guess he really didn't analyze Bickersons previous race where she had the lead all to herself and rung up pedestrian fractions to win. Blind Luck toyed with this field and won impressively Bickersons excuse this time, she faced a good field and got smoked. I am sure she will win her fair share of minor stakes races at Monmouth Park next spring.i hope you are right, but i think its the toughest thing in the world to take a horse off the synthetic in california and have the horse hold up training on natural. you probably know this as well as anyone, unless you train on monmouth surface you have problems running on it. since they resurfaced the main track at monmouth it has been impossible for a horse to ship in on a friday from kentucky and run good on saturday over there. ask ralph nicks and steve margolis how tough it is to get aclimated to monmouth dirt.

ona diferent note, good luck with your horse today in philly

onefast99
12-21-2009, 08:43 AM
i hope you are right, but i think its the toughest thing in the world to take a horse off the synthetic in california and have the horse hold up training on natural. you probably know this as well as anyone, unless you train on monmouth surface you have problems running on it. since they resurfaced the main track at monmouth it has been impossible for a horse to ship in on a friday from kentucky and run good on saturday over there. ask ralph nicks and steve margolis how tough it is to get aclimated to monmouth dirt.

ona diferent note, good luck with your horse today in philly
PP cancelled until Saturday taking entries today for Saturday. Happy Holidays LG...

lamboguy
12-21-2009, 08:51 AM
PP cancelled until Saturday taking entries today for Saturday. Happy Holidays LG...i got one in there tomorrow. guess i got to wait now too

Rialto
12-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Look at the bottom 3 in the startlet... bickersons, rose catherine and beautician....

Those are some talented accomplished horses..... they must have all been training for a previous race or one comin up in the future.... there is just no way all three of those horses should have tanked like they did....

Murph
12-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Look at the bottom 3 in the startlet... bickersons, rose catherine and beautician....

Those are some talented accomplished horses..... they must have all been training for a previous race or one comin up in the future.... there is just no way all three of those horses should have tanked like they did....Why should they have run two good races in a row then?

Rialto
12-21-2009, 06:38 PM
I could see one of them having an off day, sure... but all three going to the tank.... seems strange to me...

Rialto
12-21-2009, 06:40 PM
No doubt Blind Luck was far the best and would have won no matter what... Its just a little surprising that not one of those three other horses even hit the board.. I didnt even bet this race, so no losers bias here.

Murph
12-21-2009, 06:48 PM
No doubt Blind Luck was far the best and would have won no matter what... Its just a little surprising that not one of those three other horses even hit the board.. I didnt even bet this race, so no losers bias here.NO comment on why ... for example ... Beautician and her connections "decided" to just mail it in this weekend?

Dahoss9698
12-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Well, Rose Catherine is a turf horse. She has run awful on dirt and synthetic and well on turf. Not to mention she set a pretty sharp pace. Beautician is a dirt horse, although something is probably wrong considering the way she stopped. Bickersons has run well when allowed to set an easy pace and she wasn't yesterday.

onefast99
12-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Well, Rose Catherine is a turf horse. She has run awful on dirt and synthetic and well on turf. Not to mention she set a pretty sharp pace. Beautician is a dirt horse, although something is probably wrong considering the way she stopped. Bickersons has run well when allowed to set an easy pace and she wasn't yesterday.
So don't you think that when Bickersons runs again someone will go out there with her and not let her have an easy lead?

Murph
12-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Well, Rose Catherine is a turf horse. She has run awful on dirt and synthetic and well on turf. Not to mention she set a pretty sharp pace. Beautician is a dirt horse, although something is probably wrong considering the way she stopped. Bickersons has run well when allowed to set an easy pace and she wasn't yesterday.Now here is some forward thinking handicapping! I tend to agree with your assesments of these runners. Beautician may not race again. (IMO after seeing this race.)

Spalding No!
12-21-2009, 07:04 PM
So don't you think that when Bickersons runs again someone will go out there with her and not let her have an easy lead?

In a major race, I don't think anyone will be worried about Bickersons whether or not there's another pace rival.