PDA

View Full Version : A Profound Disappointment! Guess Who?

andymays
12-20-2009, 03:52 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/dreading_our_future_EmFMYk61Kja4iC3EMYePVP

Excerpt:

Yet for all the drama and change, the years only occasionally instilled in me the sensation I feel almost constantly now. I am afraid for my country.

I am afraid -- actually, certain -- we are losing the heart and soul that made America unique in human history. Yes, we have enemies, but the greatest danger comes from within.

Watching the freak show in Copenhagen last week, I was alternately furious and filled with dread. The world has gone absolutely bonkers and lunatics are in charge.

Excerpt:

President Obama, for whom I voted because I believed he was the best choice available, is a profound disappointment.

I now regard his campaign as a sly bait-and-switch operation, promising one thing and delivering another. Shame on me.

Read more:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/dreading_our_future_EmFMYk61Kja4iC3EMYePVP#ixzz0aG RWBKOr

ArlJim78
12-20-2009, 05:21 PM
read the details of his Copenhagen debacle (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9CMLVD00&show_article=1&catnum=0). its comical. it reads like the script of a Hollywood farce on politics. China snubbed him numerous times. it sounds like utter chaos.

tzipi
12-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Copenhagen was an absolute mess on numerous peoples parts. You think they would have had a better set up and run of it.

lamboguy
12-20-2009, 05:35 PM
the state of the medical field today is awful. they have taken all the decision making away from the doctor and on to the pharmaceutical company's that pay off the polition's to steal from the people. those drugs are ruining our moral fiber in this country. those drugs are completly useless as far as i can see. this healthcare deal is a complete scam to make the drug and insurance company's more money that they are going to steal from you in the form of making you take more bad drugs.

the financial institution's charge you a $100 fee to have their credit cards, 26.9% for the interest on them, $50 fees and penalties, and they have the balls to need to get bailed out by all of you guys. the employees get big bonus's for what they rob you for. if you don't make your mortgage payments they can't wait to throw you out of your house. they would take the fillings right out of your teeth if they could get hold of them.

sandpit
12-20-2009, 06:01 PM
the state of the medical field today is awful. they have taken all the decision making away from the doctor and on to the pharmaceutical company's that pay off the polition's to steal from the people. those drugs are ruining our moral fiber in this country. those drugs are completly useless as far as i can see. this healthcare deal is a complete scam to make the drug and insurance company's more money that they are going to steal from you in the form of making you take more bad drugs.

the financial institution's charge you a $100 fee to have their credit cards, 26.9% for the interest on them, $50 fees and penalties, and they have the balls to need to get bailed out by all of you guys. the employees get big bonus's for what they rob you for. if you don't make your mortgage payments they can't wait to throw you out of your house. they would take the fillings right out of your teeth if they could get hold of them.

You are 100% correct about the medical field. Just had a discussion with my cardiologist buddy and he said the exact same thing. The insurance companies base their "payment schedule" on what medicare will pay a health care provider (MD) for their service, so it does no good for the doctor to want or try to charge more or less. Plus, he or she knows what he is going to get paid no matter what, so they have no incentive to be a better doctor, except for the threat of malpractice lawsuit. There is no free market for the consumer unless you are well off enough to pay for a new kind of medical practice that some MDs are favoring; around here they call them "boutique docs"...they give the patients 24/7 access all year, for a hefty fee.

Robert Goren
12-20-2009, 06:06 PM
they have taken all the decision making away from the doctor Thank you pro life movement.

NJ Stinks
12-20-2009, 09:29 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/dreading_our_future_EmFMYk61Kja4iC3EMYePVP

Excerpt:

President Obama, for whom I voted because I believed he was the best choice available, is a profound disappointment.

I now regard his campaign as a sly bait-and-switch operation, promising one thing and delivering another. Shame on me.

I guess this guy wants to keep his job at the NY Post. My guess is his contract for next year was in doubt. :rolleyes:

bigmack
12-20-2009, 10:10 PM
I guess this guy wants to keep his job at the NY Post. My guess is his contract for next year was in doubt. :rolleyes:
Yet another messenger you've thrown on your scrapheap.

boxcar
12-20-2009, 10:11 PM

The one thing that isn't in doubt is that BO will be a two-termer. This current term will be his first and last.

Boxcar

exactaplayer
12-20-2009, 11:31 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above ground elevation of 2346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.

"She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be an Obama Democrat.."

"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct. But I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."

The man smiled and responded, "You must be a Republican."

"I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you are going. You've risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but somehow, now it's my fault."

bigmack
12-20-2009, 11:38 PM
You made a promise you have no idea how to keep
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/12_20_09_20_35_00.png
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/12_20_09_20_35_21.png

HUSKER55
12-20-2009, 11:51 PM
AND PEOPLE BELIEVED HIM

:lol:

NJ Stinks
12-21-2009, 12:50 AM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above ground elevation of 2346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.

"She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be an Obama Democrat.."

"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct. But I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."

The man smiled and responded, "You must be a Republican."

"I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you are going. You've risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but somehow, now it's my fault."

:lol: :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
12-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Now come on you two... that joke isn't even funny no matter which side of it you're on... I so expected it to end the way it did the moment 'hot air balloon' and 'lost' were mentioned that I was sure that it didn't end that way... punchlines aren't supposed to be anti-climactic. :(

andymays
12-21-2009, 09:33 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/obama_left_behind_uDnFNaOZ11XuAEDOg8UzUN

Excerpt:

Even progressives abandon him as he ends a lost year

Boy, this “Obama Derangement Syndrome” really has gotten out of hand. Why, just this past week the decreasingly popular president has been called a “bald-faced liar,” “an executive who can’t bring himself to lead,” and even an “Uncle Tom.”

And that’s just by liberals.

The progressive crack-up, before Obama even reaches the end of his first year, has been an awesome and occasionally humorous sight to see. Undead ’60s warhorse Tom Hayden got the ball rolling in early December with his dramatic announcement in The Nation that, with the president’s decision to increase troop levels, “It’s time to strip the Obama sticker off my car.”
EUTERS

Liberal historian Garry Wills joined the anguished chorus. “My wife and I had maxed out in donations for him. Our children had been ardent for his cause,” Wills wrote. “And now he betrays us.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/obama_left_behind_uDnFNaOZ11XuAEDOg8UzUN#ixzz0aKkh mBDl

boxcar
12-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Obama's lack of knowledge, experience, leadership skills and integrity are all good reasons to repeal Affirmative Action once and for all.

Boxcar

andymays
12-22-2009, 10:50 AM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Excerpt:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 25% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty-six percent (46%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -21 That’s the lowest Approval Index rating yet recorded for this President (see trends).

Excerpt:

For the second straight day, the update shows the highest level of Strong Disapproval yet recorded for this President. That negative rating had never topped 42% before yesterday. However, it has risen dramatically since the Senate found 60 votes to move forward with the proposed health care reform legislation. Most voters (55%) oppose the health care legislation and senior citizens are even more likely than younger voters to dislike the plan.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leadership, Obama Style, and the Looming Losses in 2010: Pretty Speeches, Compromised Values, and the Quest for the Lowest Common Denominator

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/drew-westen/leadership-obama-style-an_b_398813.html

Excerpt:

What's costing the president and courting danger for Democrats in 2010 isn't a question of left or right, because the president has accomplished the remarkable feat of both demoralizing the base and completely turning off voters in the center. If this were an ideological issue, that would not be the case. He would be holding either the middle or the left, not losing both.

What's costing the president are three things: a laissez faire style of leadership that appears weak and removed to everyday Americans, a failure to articulate and defend any coherent ideological position on virtually anything, and a widespread perception that he cares more about special interests like bank, credit card, oil and coal, and health and pharmaceutical companies than he does about the people they are shafting.

The problem is not that his record is being distorted. It's that all three have more than a grain of truth. And I say this not as one of those pesky "leftists." I say this as someone who has spent much of the last three years studying what moves voters in the middle, the Undecideds who will hear whichever side speaks to them with moral clarity.