PDA

View Full Version : The Streak Continues

toetoe
12-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Sorry to effuse, but this is huge for me. I had my fourth straight winning session Thursday night (the Maywood pick-five). Here are my tickets for the aforementioned pick-five:

1 // * // 6 // 2 // 3;

1 // 2 // 6 // 2 // *.

:1: , after opening at 1/5, cruises in leg 1 at 3/5. :sleeping: .

:2:, my key, wins the second leg, tipping way too wide on the final turn and still winning, but wait --- the video shows :2: breaking on the first turn. Stewards take forever to decide how far down to place him, and they put up the ugly 1/2 favorite. I'm still alive anyway.

:6: wins the third leg, motoring away in the stretch after a Del Chupp "how long can I make her go first over ?" drive. Longest shot ( :D ) in the sequence, despite my prediction that she's be pounded bigtime.

:2: wins the fourth leg with Sam Widger, and the 61-seconds second half almost allows John De Long to win despite a brutal Chupp-like trip (he finishes third).

:3: wins leg 5 and pays $2.20 ( :eek: ), so after $3.20, $3.00, $6.60(?), $5.40 and $2.20 winners, the pick five pays $42.30, over 80/1!!!

Now, if :2: stayed up in leg 2, I'd be alive to all in the last leg, and twice to the huge chalk. No way the chalk was losing, but some of the couldabeen tickets would be for the whole pool, as even with :3: some were paying thousands.

Sea Biscuit
12-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Sorry to effuse, but this is huge for me. I had my fourth straight winning session Thursday night (the Maywood pick-five). Here are my tickets for the aforementioned pick-five:

1 // * // 6 // 2 // 3;

1 // 2 // 6 // 2 // *.

:1: , after opening at 1/5, cruises in leg 1 at 3/5. :sleeping: .

:2:, my key, wins the second leg, tipping way too wide on the final turn and still winning, but wait --- the video shows :2: breaking on the first turn. Stewards take forever to decide how far down to place him, and they put up the ugly 1/2 favorite. I'm still alive anyway.

:6: wins the third leg, motoring away in the stretch after a Del Chupp "how long can I make her go first over ?" drive. Longest shot ( :D ) in the sequence, despite my prediction that she's be pounded bigtime.

:2: wins the fourth leg with Sam Widger, and the 61-seconds second half almost allows John De Long to win despite a brutal Chupp-like trip (he finishes third).

:3: wins leg 5 and pays $2.20 ( :eek: ), so after $3.20, $3.00, $6.60(?), $5.40 and $2.20 winners, the pick five pays $42.30, over 80/1!!!

Now, if :2: stayed up in leg 2, I'd be alive to all in the last leg, and twice to the huge chalk. No way the chalk was losing, but some of the couldabeen tickets would be for the whole pool, as even with :3: some were paying thousands.

I hope your streak continues forever, Toetoe.

toetoe
12-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Two losing days in a row, but you know what ? The key is to lose less on nights that Steve Searle wins. Keep the ticket low, and you'll save money when a horse you'd never have wins, compensating for the times you outfox yourself out of a winner. Got it ? :rolleyes: .

badcompany
12-21-2009, 12:10 PM

Nice job.

But, if the horse broke on the first turn, why did they take him down? Did he not give up ground?