PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Nader: I warned you Obama was an Uncle Tom for corporate interests!

andymays
12-18-2009, 10:16 AM
“This is what I meant a year ago when I said the next year will determine whether Barack Obama will be an Uncle Tom groveling before the demands of the corporations.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-12-18/the-man-cheering-obamas-health-care-woes/full/

andymays
12-18-2009, 10:19 AM
They're all starting to figure it out.

The man aint got nothin but a love for himself.

Saratoga_Mike
12-18-2009, 10:41 AM
Did Nader make these comments from his multi-million dollar townhouse in Georgetown?

LottaKash
12-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Yep, the Prez is just a puppet (a puppy, actually), just following the commands and yipping out scripted statements supplied by the "Ravenous-Jackal Masters" that lurk just behind the curtain...:eek:

best,

DJofSD
12-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Progressive figures including Howard Dean and Daily Kos founder Markos Moulitsas have gone so far as to suggest scrapping the bill entirely and starting over, sparking rebukes from White House officials like David Axelrod, who called such a move “insane” in a Morning Joe interview on MSNBC on Thursday.

Congress and particularly, the Senate, should grow a pair. They are a separate branch of government. And, traditioanally, more deliberate and contemplative. What I think is insane is the rush. It reminds of the the bill that was passed some eight or nine years ago called the Securities Modernization Act. It was not read, it was introduced literally at the 11th hour and it sowed the seeds of today's economic and financial meltdown. The so called Health Care reform is not any different.

Slow down. Think it through.

boxcar
12-18-2009, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE=DJofSDSlow down. Think it through.[/QUOTE]

If the bill was really about health care, they would do just that. Sadly, though, it's not.

Boxcar

Tom
12-18-2009, 11:45 AM
It doesn't cover everyone.
It doesn't lower costs, it raises them.
It doesn't improve quality of care, it lowers it.

It does nothing that people say needs fixing and it costs a trillion or so.
Pass it and then what - we have nothing new but taxes and loss of freedom.

Why not try approaching the problem intelligently? And independent of the bribes that have prevented us from being able to buy across state lines, have tort reform, and have access to cheaper drugs. The only thing congress has done this year is refuse to look at logical things that would help people right away.

acorn54
12-23-2009, 02:42 AM
it's all pap and a yard wide. does anyone have a hole i can get sick in?