PDA

View Full Version : Obama threatens Nebraska Senator....

newtothegame
12-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Gee, I hope this isnt true.....this would be a new low for this president. And if found out to be true, I would seriously hope he is is brought out to task and charges if possible filed.

Obama threatens Nebraska Senator Ben Nelson, Close Offutt Air Force Base , Senate aide reports, December 15, 2009, Senate Health Care vote, Rahm Emanuel and White House extort Nelson’s vote

December 15, 2009 · 155 Comments (http://citizenwells.wordpress.com/2009/12/15/obama-threatens-nebraska-senator-ben-nelson-close-offutt-air-force-base-senate-aide-reports-december-15-2009-senate-health-care-vote-rahm-emanuel-and-white-house-extort-nelsons-vote/#comments)

“Source: Dems Threaten Nelson In Pursuit of 60″
“While the Democrats appease Senator Lieberman, they still have to worry about other recalcitrant Democrats including Nebraska Senator Ben Nelson. Though Lieberman has been out front in the fight against the public option and the Medicare buy-in, Nelson was critical of both. Now that those provisions appear to have been stripped from the bill, Lieberman may get on board, but Nelson’s demand that taxpayer money not be used to fund abortion has still not been met. According to a Senate aide, the White House is now threatening to put Nebraska’s Offutt Air Force Base on the BRAC list if Nelson doesn’t fall into line.

Offutt Air Force Base employs some 10,000 military and federal employees in Southeastern Nebraska. As our source put it, this is a “naked effort by Rahm Emanuel and the White House to extort Nelson’s vote.” They are “threatening to close a base vital to national security for what?” asked the Senate staffer.”

http://citizenwells.wordpress.com/2009/12/15/obama-threatens-nebraska-senator-ben-nelson-close-offutt-air-force-base-senate-aide-reports-december-15-2009-senate-health-care-vote-rahm-emanuel-and-white-house-extort-nelsons-vote/
</DIV>

ArlJim78
12-17-2009, 07:13 PM
of course its true, its the thug way. the next step is they send Luca Brasi to Nebraska.

Robert Goren
12-17-2009, 07:18 PM
I live in Nebraska which is a red state. Nelson needs alot of republican votes to win so he is putting on a show. If he doesn't vote for the health care bill every democrat in state will sit out his next election and he lose. He has a fine line to walk. Right to lifers have lot of votes in this state. The head of the right to life movement in this state was caught computer hacking. The local county attorney allowed her to enter pretrial diversion. It was the only time that I have ever heard of a hacker getting diversion.

Robert Goren
12-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Is there anyplace else reporting this story.

newtothegame
12-17-2009, 07:50 PM
You can google "Obama threatens Nebraska"...and alot of sites come up with hits. As I said, I hope its not true as this would be a new low for this guy. But if found to be true...well I think he needs the worst of punishments possible.

Show Me the Wire
12-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Look at Meigs Field in Chicago! Duh Mayor will just show up one day in Nebraska and presto no more air field :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigmack
12-17-2009, 08:45 PM
This story ain't got much in the way of legs

mostpost
12-17-2009, 09:36 PM
This story ain't got much in the way of legs

The BRAC commission next meets in 2013.

highnote
12-17-2009, 11:53 PM
of course its true, its the thug way. the next step is they send Luca Brasi to Nebraska.

I hope it is true. It's about time Obama grew a pair. LBJ and FDR pulled this kind of thing all the time. It's called hardball.

You say you want a new bridge, Mr. Senator? Well then, vote for my bill and I'll make sure you get one.

I thought Obama was too soft on Lieberman until I found out that Rahm Emanuel met with health insurance and pharma last spring and decided on what should be in the bill. Why do you think Obama never got behind the public option? Because this bill is bought and paid for by health care and pharma.

Now Nelson is being threatened for jeopardizing the bill.

Why do you think Obama let Lieberman caucus with the democrates after Lieberman endorsed McCain? He let Lieberman caucus because he needs his vote for a watered down health care bill.

Obama and Emmanuel did not want to make the same mistakes that Clinton made and alienate health care and pharma. So they brought those industries on board and now they're being rewarded with 30 million new customers and it only cost them about 400 million in lobbying dollars. Bargain for them.

You don't rise to the top of the political heap of the most powerful country in the world by being stupid. These guys knew all along what they had to do to get power. They took money from the financial industry, health care industry and pharmaceutical. Do you think they're going to throw those industries under the bus? Hell no. They want to get re-elected.

The problem is, no citizen wants to be told they have to buy health insurance from a private company. So we'll see what the mid term elections bring. Going to be an interesting one.

johnhannibalsmith
12-18-2009, 12:30 AM
I'm not sure that I precisely agree with that last post in entirely SwetyeJohn... but I loved it nonetheless... great post. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

dartman51
12-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Gee, I hope this isnt true.....this would be a new low for this president. And if found out to be true, I would seriously hope he is is brought out to task and charges if possible filed.

Obama threatens Nebraska Senator Ben Nelson, Close Offutt Air Force Base , Senate aide reports, December 15, 2009, Senate Health Care vote, Rahm Emanuel and White House extort Nelson’s vote

December 15, 2009 · 155 Comments (http://citizenwells.wordpress.com/2009/12/15/obama-threatens-nebraska-senator-ben-nelson-close-offutt-air-force-base-senate-aide-reports-december-15-2009-senate-health-care-vote-rahm-emanuel-and-white-house-extort-nelsons-vote/#comments)

“Source: Dems Threaten Nelson In Pursuit of 60″
“While the Democrats appease Senator Lieberman, they still have to worry about other recalcitrant Democrats including Nebraska Senator Ben Nelson. Though Lieberman has been out front in the fight against the public option and the Medicare buy-in, Nelson was critical of both. Now that those provisions appear to have been stripped from the bill, Lieberman may get on board, but Nelson’s demand that taxpayer money not be used to fund abortion has still not been met. According to a Senate aide, the White House is now threatening to put Nebraska’s Offutt Air Force Base on the BRAC list if Nelson doesn’t fall into line.

Offutt Air Force Base employs some 10,000 military and federal employees in Southeastern Nebraska. As our source put it, this is a “naked effort by Rahm Emanuel and the White House to extort Nelson’s vote.” They are “threatening to close a base vital to national security for what?” asked the Senate staffer.”

http://citizenwells.wordpress.com/2009/12/15/obama-threatens-nebraska-senator-ben-nelson-close-offutt-air-force-base-senate-aide-reports-december-15-2009-senate-health-care-vote-rahm-emanuel-and-white-house-extort-nelsons-vote/
</DIV>

To quote his BUDDY, Andy Stern, "we'll try the power of persuasion, if that doesn't work, we'll use the persuasion of power."

delayjf
12-18-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm from NE and have family there, he supports this bill as is and he's out. If I were him, I'd get Rahm or whoever at the white house made the threat on tape.

illinoisbred
12-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Rahm Emanuel has always been a thug or goon and always will be .

andymays
12-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Rahm Emanuel has always been a thug or goon and always will be .

Apparently he doesn't scare this guy. :ThmbUp:

Pelosi, Rahm do not scare Rep. DeFazio

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/72889-pelosi-rahm-do-not-scare-rep-defazio

Excerpt:

“Rahm does not yell at me,” DeFazio said, “because he knows that I yell back.”

Others are learning that DeFazio, who has served in the House since 1987 and describes himself as a “progressive populist,” is not easily intimidated. He has emerged in recent months as one of the most vocal liberal critics of the Obama administration, blasting the president’s team for not getting tough enough with Wall Street. He’s also taken on his own party for failing to move left-leaning legislation through the Congress.

Personal calls from Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and former Vice President Al Gore couldn’t persuade him to vote for the Speaker’s climate change bill. He also opposed the $787 billion stimulus, citing concerns that only 7 percent was devoted to infrastructure spending.