PDA

View Full Version : Unraced

WinterTriangle
12-17-2009, 02:41 PM
- here's a beautiful breeding!

Octane
http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pedigree.cfm?page_state=ORDER_AND_CONFIRM&reference_number=8063585

I read somewhere he is 1/2 to Stardom Bound

I have a list of "unraced" such as these, can somebody explain to me more about unraced?

Also, how do I find out what happened to a filly, Dixie Unioness. Foaled in 2006, she looked gorgeous on the track on July 29th at Del Mar in a 1 mile mdn sp wt.... so I wagered her to win (even though she was 30-1 !!!)....and she won .
But no workouts or anything since then. I guess I need to find the injured list or something? Hofmans had her...

tzipi
12-17-2009, 02:53 PM

Octane
http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pedigree.cfm?page_state=ORDER_AND_CONFIRM&reference_number=8063585

I have a list of "unraced" such as these, can somebody explain to me more about unraced?

Also, how do I find out what happened to a filly, Dixie Unioness. Foaled in 2006, she looked gorgeous on the track on July 29th at Del Mar in a 1 mile mdn sp wt.... so I wagered her to win (even though she was 30-1 !!!)....and she won .
But no workouts or anything since then. I guess I need to find the injured list or something? Hofmans had her...

Sometimes they breed horses just for breeding purposes. They do not race,they just pass on their genes. Also a horse can come out with problems that would lead to the horses never being able to really compete,so they just use them for breeding lines.

Bochall
12-17-2009, 03:47 PM
What unraced sires can you think of that have produced a lot of top notch winners? I know there are some but cant recall any.

Steve R
12-17-2009, 06:52 PM
What unraced sires can you think of that have produced a lot of top notch winners? I know there are some but cant recall any.
Alibhai in the US and Noble Bijou in Australasia were world-class. I suppose there are some others with more modest stud credentials, but those two are elites.

joanied
12-17-2009, 07:12 PM

Octane

Octane is well bred...although his Dam only won about $81,000...he has a very interesting pedigree. Can't see how he could be 1/2 to Stardom Bound, though. He must have had soundness issues that kept him from racing...gonna be difficult to aquire a nice book of mares for him...and that's a shame.

On your filly, Dixie Unioness...so far she's won about $32,000...so she has a way to go to pay for herself...she was a Keeneland buy at $140,000...no doubt for her appeal as a broodmare.

Ley us know if you get any info on her, Winter T.