PDA

View Full Version : Sony E Reader Deal

Canarsie
12-17-2009, 09:30 AM
$150 off with the purchase off 4 books.

http://epidm.edgesuite.net/CMS/SonyStyle/2009/Dec/156729/link.html?sssdmh=dm11.156994

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&identifier=S_Reader_Kiosks&XID=E:readerkiosk_121609:readerkiosk

CBedo
12-17-2009, 07:05 PM
I've said this before. I'm sure Sony will make a great consumer device, but I just don't think there is any way they can win on content.

Canarsie
12-18-2009, 09:37 AM
I've said this before. I'm sure Sony will make a great consumer device, but I just don't think there is any way they can win on content.

I couldn't agree with you more I just posted it because of the deal. The Nook will be left at the starting gate also.

DJofSD
12-18-2009, 11:05 AM
I have not seriously considered any of the ebook readers. But, things change.

Does any one know if the format of the ebooks is compatible or not between/among the various sources? IOW, if I buy a reader from Barnes and Noble, will I be strictly limited to purchasing ebooks from them and unable to buy a title from say Amazon?

If I'm locked into a single vendor's solution, it will be a very long time before I change my mind.

Canarsie
12-18-2009, 11:40 AM
I have not seriously considered any of the ebook readers. But, things change.

Does any one know if the format of the ebooks is compatible or not between/among the various sources? IOW, if I buy a reader from Barnes and Noble, will I be strictly limited to purchasing ebooks from them and unable to buy a title from say Amazon?

If I'm locked into a single vendor's solution, it will be a very long time before I change my mind.

They are not interchangeable are copy protected to boot. This is why the newer ones will have a rough go at it.

chickenhead
12-18-2009, 06:39 PM
I thought Amazon was the only one unwilling to support EPUB at this point? Sony and B&N both support Epub, B&N bookstore is Epub, all of Google books are Epub.

Epub ftw.