PDA

View Full Version : Wow! MSNBC Host to Obama: ‘Your Base Thinks You’re Nothing But a Sellout’

andymays
12-16-2009, 08:32 PM
http://www.breitbart.tv/msnbc-host-to-obama-your-base-thinks-youre-nothing-but-a-sellout/

"A corporate sellout at that."

bigmack
12-16-2009, 09:45 PM
All of KO's dreams, hopes & aspirations are quickly being smashed to smithereens.

He speaks for many, including hcap, mostpost & NJSmelly. Can we have a moment of silence for them as their pain at this point is profound.

oyDyGZpVbv4

HT1ar9cZZ0U

mostpost
12-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Olbermann speaks for me. Let's be clear. The criticism of Obama was deserved. but it was only a small part of the Special Comment. By far the major part of the blame for the demise of health care goes to Republicans and a few Dino's especially the Judas senator from Connecticutt. I wonder how he is spending the 30 pieces of silver he got from the insurance companies.
The problem is not what Obama is trying to do, it is in the way he is trying to do it. There has been much comment here from the right on Obama's time as a community organizer. That criticism has been all wrong. As a community organizer, Obama sought to achieve consensus before engaging a plan. When he became President, it was his belief that this would work in Washington. The difference was, in the community everyone saw the problem; everyone agreed on the solution and no one had interests that were directly opposed to the solution. In Washington Obama faces a situation where the "Community" does not exist.
If Obama loses the next election, it will not be because he failed to pass health care; it will be because he passed a health care bill that fails to address the real problems of health care-lack of competion, no coverage of existing conditions, insurance companies dropping clients because they made a claim, insurance companies refusing to pay a legitimate claim.
If Obama loses the next election it will not be because he supported steps to end global warming; it will because he settled for watered down solutions to a very real problem.
If Obama loses the next election, it will not be because he sent 30,000 troops to Afghanistan; it will be because he failed to provide a clear mission and end game for those troops.
In short, if Obama loses the next election, it will because he failed to start kicking ass and taking names.

As for me, I will continue to take the Obama side against most of the stuff posted here, because you guys are just strange. Most of what you post has no validity whatsoever and can often be refuted just using the material you present.
In 2012? Who knows? I won't vote for a Republican. That I do know.

bigmack
12-16-2009, 11:21 PM
What a laugh this entire process has been. It's made a complete mockery of virtually every bit of campaign rhetoric about full disclosure, CSPAN coverage, its projected passage date, what it will cover, what it will cost & on...

Every bit as laughable are pathetic progressives positioning themselves as champions of the 'the downtrodden' while pointing fingers of the uncaring, unsympathetic on the other side.

Meanwhile, after all of this talk from opponents talking about not wanting Big Government coming into their lives...Olbermann, and his peers declare "I'm not buying into this - You can jail me if you want - I don't have to do what you say"

Take ball, go home.

johnhannibalsmith
12-16-2009, 11:39 PM
... By far the major part of the blame for the demise of health care goes to Republicans and a few Dino's especially the Judas senator from Connecticutt...

I'm not supporting one party over another here, but really, how is this even possible? The deck is stone cold stacked in Congress. The major part of the blame, from what I've seen, lays within the internal strife in the majority party that features left, farther left, and very, very far left.

The varying degrees of left seem to have torn the bill apart, not the obstinent right.

ElKabong
12-16-2009, 11:55 PM
I can just see Bill and Hil now, chatting about which one of em are going to take on 0bama in the 2012 primary, ala Teddy Chappaquiddick vs Peanut Boy, 1980. With Hussein 0bama's approval ratings sinking lower and lower, the unemployment rates expected to stay at or near double digits, the dem party has to know their gains in 2006/8 are going to soon vanish.

Fun times ahead, man....Fun times. (popcorn eating emoticon, here)

bigmack
12-17-2009, 12:00 AM
The major part of the blame, from what I've seen, lays within the internal strife in the majority party that features left, farther left, and very, very far left.

The varying degrees of left seem to have torn the bill apart, not the obstinent right.
Their lifeblood is to vilify. Rarely will you find a mirror in their room.

Lieberman & the insurance companies are the villain de jour

NJ Stinks
12-17-2009, 01:38 AM
Their lifeblood is to vilify. Rarely will you find a mirror in their room.

Mack, you must be new here. :lol:

Or you just ignore 90% of the posts here.

lsbets
12-17-2009, 08:01 AM
Dino's especially the Judas senator from Connecticutt. I wonder how he is spending the 30 pieces of silver he got from the insurance companies.

I have no doubt you did not mean anything untoward with this comment, and my response is directed towards Hcap and his proclivity to call anyone who disagrees with Obama a racist. Hcap, do you have any problem with the imagery in the above quote referencing the Jewish Senator from Connecticut who has been the target of much antisemitism from the left in the past? You have called many comments which were legitimate from the right here but directed towards the liberal messiah out of line and racist. Do you think it is okay to portray the Jew who opposes the liberal messiah as Judas and reference his greed in seeking 30 pieces of silver in exchange for selling out the messiah? I anxiously await your outraged condemnation of the above quote, I'm sure it will be coming soon. :rolleyes:

Once again mostpost, I do not think you meant anything untoward with the comment, I am referencing Hcap's tendancy to be a complete hypocrite.

Tom
12-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Maybe Leiberman is actually taking a stand FOR health care by opposing the charade that is Ding Harry?

Hey hcap, mostie, how do you justicfy congress refusing to allow us to by discounted drugs outside the country - a direct bow down to big pharma?
Would not this be a great help right away instead of 4 years from now?
How is that helpoig those who desperatley need health care now?

Show Me the Wire
12-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Yes, the Judas comment aimed at someone of a specific ancestry, how can it not be viewed as anything but racist?

I had been pointing out the progressive left’s, dirty little secret, its anti-Semitic position, for sometime now.

What a shameful posting. Not unexpected though. :(

boxcar
12-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Yes, the Judas comment aimed at someone of a specific ancestry, how can it not be viewed as anything but racist?

I had been pointing out the progressive left’s, dirty little secret, its anti-Semitic position, for sometime now.

What a shameful posting. Not unexpected though. :(

Many of the them are closet racists and they dont' even realize it. Or when they do, they don't want to remove that dirty laundry from the closet to display to the world. Too many streak marks on those undies... :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

mostpost
12-17-2009, 01:49 PM
I have no doubt you did not mean anything untoward with this comment, and my response is directed towards Hcap and his proclivity to call anyone who disagrees with Obama a racist. Hcap, do you have any problem with the imagery in the above quote referencing the Jewish Senator from Connecticut who has been the target of much antisemitism from the left in the past? You have called many comments which were legitimate from the right here but directed towards the liberal messiah out of line and racist. Do you think it is okay to portray the Jew who opposes the liberal messiah as Judas and reference his greed in seeking 30 pieces of silver in exchange for selling out the messiah? I anxiously await your outraged condemnation of the above quote, I'm sure it will be coming soon. :rolleyes:

Once again mostpost, I do not think you meant anything untoward with the comment, I am referencing Hcap's tendancy to be a complete hypocrite.
I was trying to reference Senator Lieberman's turning against Obama after Obama supported him in retaining his committee assignments and Leiberman's support of the insurance companies over the best interests of his constituents.
In my anger, I did so in an obviously inappropriate manner. It was wrong to do so and I apologize to all.

Be assured I would have been equally angry had the senator been Jewish, Gentile, Klingon or Cylon.

boxcar
12-17-2009, 02:20 PM
I was trying to reference Senator Lieberman's turning against Obama after Obama supported him in retaining his committee assignments and Leiberman's support of the insurance companies over the best interests of his constituents.
In my anger, I did so in an obviously inappropriate manner. It was wrong to do so and I apologize to all.

Be assured I would have been equally angry had the senator been Jewish, Gentile, Klingon or Cylon.

Maybe the Lieb saw those "best interests" a little bit differently than you do. You libs always think you have a mortal lock on what you think is best for the public interest. Ain't so, buddy....not by a long shot!

Boxcar

Show Me the Wire
12-17-2009, 02:39 PM

Then you have your analogy completely wrong. Judas was a loyal follower and believer of the "betrayed". Lieberman was and is not a loyal follower of Obama. No betrayal of any kind is invloved based on loyalties and beliefs.

So I can conclude if you did not intend any prejudicail remarks, you once again demonstrated your propensity to make eroneous deductions based on flawed critical thinking, by not being able to distinguish the substance of the two reltaionships.

Either way I am not surprised. But I am still leaning toward the racists talking points proffered by the progressives, as your explanation is more damaging to your intellectual credibility.

Sometimes it is tough to choose your poison.

GaryG
12-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Lieberman is supposed to be so beholden to the admin that he votes whatever way they want? Apparently BHO was trying to curry favor with an obviously key senator. Tough.

Black Ruby
12-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Maybe the Lieb saw those "best interests" a little bit differently than you do. You libs always think you have a mortal lock on what you think is best for the public interest. Ain't so, buddy....not by a long shot!

Boxcar

If you check Lieberman's contributions since 2005 it's pretty easy to determine what he sees as his "best interests". Over a million bucks from insurance, pharma, and health care in that time period.

Tom
12-17-2009, 02:51 PM
This is why they refuse to allows to buy cheap drugs from Canada, to buy
policies from any state, and to reform torts.

One this is certain - there is not one single member of congress who is acting for the people. They are 100% bought and paid for, and everyone of them is a stinking liar and traitor to this nation. It is FAR worse than one the founding fathers took out. FAR worse.

Black Ruby
12-17-2009, 02:58 PM
This is why they refuse to allows to buy cheap drugs from Canada, to buy
policies from any state, and to reform torts.

One this is certain - there is not one single member of congress who is acting for the people. They are 100% bought and paid for, and everyone of them is a stinking liar and traitor to this nation. It is FAR worse than one the founding fathers took out. FAR worse.

If you suggested that everyone in all 3 branches of government should be tossed out, I don't think a large % of people would argue with you. But with campaign finance the way it is, and likely to get worse when the Supremes rule on CU vs FEC, how much good would it do to toss em?

johnhannibalsmith
12-17-2009, 03:14 PM

I think it would be foolish for anyone to pretend that they always use sound reasoning and critical thinking when propelled by anger. The passion in the original post was apparent and I believe you when you apologize for letting anger temper the choice of words and mode of delivery.

Despite the differences ideologically among us, I think most of us can concede that this element of humanity is within each of us.

The difference I see is that you recognize when anger has polluted your message and make an effort to acknowledge it, rather than justify it with comparative examples of equal outrageousness.

I'd like to hope that forum members can appreciate what you do offer regularly to promote civil disagreement and debate rather than dwell on a momentary lapse in judgment.

Tom
12-17-2009, 03:42 PM
If you suggested that everyone in all 3 branches of government should be tossed out, I don't think a large % of people would argue with you. But with campaign finance the way it is, and likely to get worse when the Supremes rule on CU vs FEC, how much good would it do to toss em?

I want to throw the entire government out the door. Campaign finance - simple. An elected official is not allowed to accept one dollar or its equivalent from anyone period. An unelected candidate may accept a max of $100 from private citizens only, one time.

Corporations are never allowed to make any contributions to anyone period.

That should work like Raid on roaches to drive them out.

bigmack
12-17-2009, 04:19 PM
especially the Judas senator from Connecticutt. I wonder how he is spending the 30 pieces of silver he got from the insurance companies.

wwdc370Gu4M

johnhannibalsmith
12-17-2009, 04:21 PM
I want to throw the entire government out the door. Campaign finance - simple. An elected official is not allowed to accept one dollar or its equivalent from anyone period. An unelected candidate may accept a max of $100 from private citizens only, one time.

Corporations are never allowed to make any contributions to anyone period.

That should work like Raid on roaches to drive them out.

Good heavens Tom, what do you want - elected representatives that represent the voters rather than contributors?

Crazy thinking... how can we be convinced of what we should think if someone isn't financing television ads directing our thoughts?

If I get you twelve-thousand reams of paper - do you think you could turn those five sentences of sheer brilliance into an unintelligible bill that could actually solve most of our problems?

:cool: :cool: :faint:

exactaplayer
12-17-2009, 06:17 PM
Had I known Obama was going to sell out to the Corporate money so easy, I would not have worked so hard to get him elected. I still would have voted for him (lesser of two evils) but, no more donations, phone calls, door knocking or other campaign activities for this gang.
Those teabaggers have the right idea. They just don't seem to be able to see the correct target of their anger. Wall street and Corporate moneybags.
Aw shucks anyway.

exactaplayer
12-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Lieberman is supposed to be so beholden to the admin that he votes whatever way they want? Apparently BHO was trying to curry favor with an obviously key senator. Tough.
No, we all know that Lieberman is beholden to the Insurance industry. Apparently the people that voted him in are being given a TS card.

Tom
12-17-2009, 07:23 PM
If I get you twelve-thousand reams of paper - do you think you could turn those five sentences of sheer brilliance into an unintelligible bill that could actually solve most of our problems?

:cool: :cool: :faint:

Only if you promise to read it out loud! :lol:

Show Me the Wire
12-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Had I known Obama was going to sell out to the Corporate money so easy, I would not have worked so hard to get him elected. I still would have voted for him (lesser of two evils) but, no more donations, phone calls, door knocking or other campaign activities for this gang.
Those teabaggers have the right idea. They just don't seem to be able to see the correct target of their anger. Wall street and Corporate moneybags.
Aw shucks anyway.

The lesser of two evils. Which do you suppose is less evil, an unknown, foreign educated while a youth, politiican supportee by one of the most corrupt political machines in modern U.S. history or an elderly known commodity that suffered POW captivity while serving his country?

You decided. No doubts, the wrong decision was made.

exactaplayer
12-17-2009, 08:15 PM
The lesser of two evils. Which do you suppose is less evil, an unknown, foreign educated while a youth, politiican supportee by one of the most corrupt political machines in modern U.S. history or an elderly known commodity that suffered POW captivity while serving his country?

You decided. No doubts, the wrong decision was made.
Like I said the lesser of two evils. I will probably do it again unless the teabaggers break loose from faux and come up with some real choice.

bigmack
12-17-2009, 08:28 PM
I will probably do it again unless the tea party break loose from faux and come up with some real choice.
Come join the racists who watch made-up news

tbYXAq4qy_0

Show Me the Wire
12-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Like I said the lesser of two evils. I will probably do it again unless the teabaggers break loose from faux and come up with some real choice.

My motivation was sarcasm about your idea of lesser, especially with the involvement of corruption with an unknown commodity. I would hope most people would be a little more leery of the influence of corruption on an unknown and untested person, than a person with a track record in the public eye.

Your little quip of a reply reinforces my initial sarcasm.

exactaplayer
12-18-2009, 02:46 PM
My motivation was sarcasm about your idea of lesser, especially with the involvement of corruption with an unknown commodity. I would hope most people would be a little more leery of the influence of corruption on an unknown and untested person, than a person with a track record in the public eye.

Your little quip of a reply reinforces my initial sarcasm.
Sarcasm noted. The corruption does not come from an unknown commodity. So you would prefer one who has years of experience of living with and accepting the corruption.
Like I said, If the teabaggers would break away from faux, voice of CORRUPTION , they may have a good idea.
And to bigmack,
This has nothing to do with race. The Wall street bankers and Corporate money men show no bias. They screw everybody regardless of race, creed, gender or sexual preference.

Tom
12-18-2009, 03:23 PM
It is very comforting that you do not like any of the Tea PARTY people.
Seriously comforting.

Show Me the Wire
12-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Sarcasm noted. The corruption does not come from an unknown commodity. So you would prefer one who has years of experience of living with and accepting the corruption.
Like I said, If the teabaggers would break away from faux, voice of CORRUPTION , they may have a good idea.
And to bigmack,
This has nothing to do with race. The Wall street bankers and Corporate money men show no bias. They screw everybody regardless of race, creed, gender or sexual preference.

You leave out the qualifing remarks about the unknown commodity. Unknown commodity associating with known corrupt associates, is the point.

You have past performance to measure the crookedness of the established commodity, while you have no idea the depths of crookedness of the unknown commodity sponsored by known crooks.

Yes, editing out my qualiffier makes it seem the unknown is the lesser of two evils, but leaving in my original remarks makes it more believable the unknown has a better chance to be the more evil.

exactaplayer
12-18-2009, 07:19 PM
You leave out the qualifing remarks about the unknown commodity. Unknown commodity associating with known corrupt associates, is the point.

You have past performance to measure the crookedness of the established commodity, while you have no idea the depths of crookedness of the unknown commodity sponsored by known crooks.

Yes, editing out my qualiffier makes it seem the unknown is the lesser of two evils, but leaving in my original remarks makes it more believable the unknown has a better chance to be the more evil.
Associating with know corrupt associates = gubmnt folks and lobbyists. My point exactly.

Show Me the Wire
12-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Associating with know corrupt associates = gubmnt folks and lobbyists. My point exactly.

Agreed, therefore you know the benchmark for the known commodity, but you don't know how low the unknown quantity can sink below the known quantity's benchmark. Thank you for agreeing with me.

bigmack
12-18-2009, 08:01 PM
.And to bigmack,
Say not, that you're breaking ranks with the likes of JGarafalo. You're risking having your union card pulled.

PU_mMwCNl0M