PDA

View Full Version : Bernanke Time Man of the Year?

Valuist
12-16-2009, 08:08 AM
Somewhere, God is shaking his head. "After thousands of years, THIS is the best of the species I created? We'll be paying for Bernanke's (and also Greenspans) bad Fed policy for years to come.

This is a kin to the Cubs naming Steve Bartman "2003 Fan of the Year". But then again, when your main competition is Nancy Pelosi, the bar is awfully low.

Usaim (sp?) Bolt, the world champion sprinter, was ripped off.

illinoisbred
12-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Who reads Time, or Newsweek for that matter? I only look at it when waiting in a Dentist/Doctor's office. It almost makes any impending pain/discomfort something to look forward to. Alexander Hamilton has to be rolling over in his grave as though he were on a rotisserie.

Overlay
12-16-2009, 10:00 AM
As Time customarily notes, Person of the Year doesn't signify approval or honoring of the individual in question. (For example, Hitler was the designee in 1938, Stalin in 1939 and 1942, and Ayatullah Khomeini in 1979.) The title is given to the person who, in the editors' judgment, has done the most to influence the events of the year, whether for better or worse.

Overlay
12-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Usaim (sp?) Bolt, the world champion sprinter, was ripped off.

Bolt didn't even win Sports Illustrated's "Sportsman of the Year", which went to Derek Jeter. Bolt was nominated, however. (See the article at the link below.)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/magazine/specials/sportsman/2009/11/04/layden.sportsman/index.html

Valuist
12-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Bolt didn't even win Sports Illustrated's "Sportsman of the Year", which went to Derek Jeter. Bolt was nominated, however. (See the article at the link below.)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/magazine/specials/sportsman/2009/11/04/layden.sportsman/index.html

SI is the publication that picked the Chicago Bears to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl this season. SI is notorious at making head scratching predictions and award selections.

mostpost
12-16-2009, 01:43 PM
SI is the publication that picked the Chicago Bears to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl this season. SI is notorious at making head scratching predictions and award selections.
WAIT!!! You mean the Bears aren't goi............OH MAN!!!!!

Show Me the Wire
12-16-2009, 02:23 PM
As Time customarily notes, Person of the Year doesn't signify approval or honoring of the individual in question. (For example, Hitler was the designee in 1938, Stalin in 1939 and 1942, and Ayatullah Khomeini in 1979.) The title is given to the person who, in the editors' judgment, has done the most to influence the events of the year, whether for better or worse.

Wouldn't that be Obama? Especially, after winning the Nobel Peace Prize. I am serious Bernanke is not more influential than Obama regarding the events of the year.

riskman
12-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Just because many of us have had our dreams of retirement destroyed and our very survival menaced by these monetary rulers of the universe.(Greenspan & Bernanke) should not get in the way that the current Fed Chief deserves Man of The Year. We need to take a more balanced view:bang: Even if you been nearly wiped out, the kingpins at Goldman Sachs and Bank of America are doing very well. People who bought credit default swaps from AIG got their money, didn’t they (actually our money, but that’s only a detail)? So all in all, the country is in pretty good shape, on the average.We are on a roll according to the Messiah ! Should I ask Santa for pickup truck to carry away all the withdrawal slips in my basement or a new fireplace to burn all the worthless stocks, CD's and Treasury Bonds in the attic.

Tom
12-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Wow - Man of the Year and Scum of the Earth at the same time! Nice.

lamboguy
12-16-2009, 03:41 PM
if obama got peace prize, this guy can easily get horse of the year

johnhannibalsmith
12-16-2009, 05:32 PM
if obama got peace prize, this guy can easily get horse of the year

I hope that was intentional!

Screw Zenyatta, vote Bernanke! :D

ArlJim78
12-16-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm shocked. I thought Obama would win it every year of his presidency.

Nancy Pelosi was a finalist?:lol:

Usain Bolt must have really been embarrassed to be thrown in with that bunch.

witchdoctor
12-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Screw Zenyatta, vote Bernanke! :D

Geld him also

ArlJim78
12-17-2009, 07:22 PM
this guy (http://www.politico.com/arena/perm/Scott_Stanzel_46790905-6283-43F8-A678-3BE6D90A6C19.html)makes a good case for Straw Man. seeing what a vital role Straw Man played this year for Obama, a more active role than he has ever played before, why wasn't he even considered for Man of the Year? he's probably hindered by the fact he has so many aliases like "those who say", or "some say", or "there are some", etc, etc.

and what about TOTUS?

Tom
12-17-2009, 07:26 PM
He acts more like Toto.