PDA

View Full Version : Which ADW?

redeye007
12-16-2009, 05:22 AM
Are there any ADW's that allow Nevada residents to hold an account?

startngate
12-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Leroy's was doing ADW by phone and kiosk, Wynn has a phone wagering setup, and I think maybe Stations has an offering.

From a legal standpoint, anyone offering ADW to Nevada residents is supposed to be licensed by the Gaming Board, so none of the major ADWs offer accounts to Nevada residents.

Are there other ADWs offering accounts 'under the table'? Not sure, but no doubt the offshore books probably are.

lamboguy
12-16-2009, 09:18 AM
i would suggest staying away from offshore books, you don't know if you are going to get paid for sure, and its not legal for you to bet with them

redeye007
12-16-2009, 05:11 PM
thanks guys. I already have one in my wife's name in cal but was wondering if any of those companies were able to legally operate in nv.

PaceAdvantage
12-17-2009, 04:56 AM
its not legal for you to bet with themSays who?

Stillriledup
12-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Says who?

Big Brother. :cool:

lamboguy
12-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Says who?patriot act of 2001 making it illegal for the transfer's of payments. there is an ongoing oversesas gambling case going on in the federal system vs. sos sports, there are players that have been granted immunity from prosecution in the case for testimony provided on the case

i know its a very gray area, i don't feel like exploring it

trying2win
12-17-2009, 05:16 PM
i would suggest staying away from offshore books, you don't know if you are going to get paid for sure, and its not legal for you to bet with them

LAMBO:

Thanks for the advice, but mainly I'm going to skip it. Why you might ask? It's because of being a Canadian resident, who's country is more bettor-friendly than the USA. I haven't had any problems over the years getting paid by offshore racebooks on my winners, rebates, or withdrawals. But, I agree with you about the 'don't know if you are going to get paid for sure ' part, so I generally don't leave anymore than a couple of hundred dollars in any account with the offshore racebooks.

I know it sounds unpatriotic to North American racetracks not to bet all my money with them in one way or another, but until they start sharing some of their slot revenue and/or lower takeouts with bettors (why should horsemen be the main beneficiaries of slot revenues?), I'll continue to make my straight bets with an offshore racebook.

Besides that, the offshore racebook I deal with pays the same or better rebates on most of my straight bets, than any ADW I can wager with. The only time it would make economic sense for me to bet with an ADW is on wagers on the exotics.

In my opinion, it appears for meaningful change to happen for USA horse racing bettors, that organizations like HANA or individuals should lobby their state and/or federal government neanderthal officials to repeal some of their paranoid, archaic horse betting laws across state lines, for example. Then it seems to me, that horse race bettors, racetracks, horsemen and state government coffers would benefit.

T2W

rrbauer
12-17-2009, 05:22 PM
patriot act of 2001 making it illegal for the transfer's of payments. there is an ongoing oversesas gambling case going on in the federal system vs. sos sports, there are players that have been granted immunity from prosecution in the case for testimony provided on the case

i know its a very gray area, i don't feel like exploring it

The area is not gray. The people TAKING the bets get prosecuted. The people making the bets are NEVER prosecuted, immunity or otherwise. (Look at the case law.) Sure, there are issues with getting paid but that goes to the honesty and competence of the people fading your bets; not, the law.

rrbauer
12-17-2009, 05:36 PM
LAMBO:

Thanks for the advice, but mainly I'm going to skip it. Why you might ask? It's because of being a Canadian resident, who's country is more bettor-friendly than the USA. I haven't had any problems over the years getting paid by offshore racebooks on my winners, rebates, or withdrawals. But, I agree with you about the 'don't know if you are going to get paid for sure ' part, so I generally don't leave anymore than a couple of hundred dollars in any account with the offshore racebooks.

I know it sounds unpatriotic to North American racetracks not to bet all my money with them in one way or another, but until they start sharing some of their slot revenue and/or lower takeouts with bettors (why should horsemen be the main beneficiaries of slot revenues?), I'll continue to make my straight bets with an offshore racebook.

Besides that, the offshore racebook I deal with pays the same or better rebates on most of my straight bets, than any ADW I can wager with. The only time it would make economic sense to bet with an ADW is on wagers on the exotics.

In my opinion, it appears for meaningful change to happen for USA horse racing bettors, that organizations like HANA or individuals should lobby their state and/or federal government neanderthal officials to repeal some of their paranoid, archaic horse betting laws across state lines, for example.
Then it seems to me, that horse race bettors, racetracks, horsemen and state government coffers would benefit.

T2W

If I were in Canada I would have accounts with Betfair and every offshore book with a track record for fairness to customers. Of course, I'm not in Canada; I'm in the U.S. where we have all of these freedoms to do whatever the religious-bigots let us do. So, I'm forced to use workarounds and break the law to purse my freedoms. Only in America. (And don't give me any of your patriotic BS because I did 6 yrs, 3 wks, 4 days, active duty which is more than Obama, "W", Clinton, Reagan, Ford and Nixon did combined!)
Slightly OT? Yep, and no apologies!

lamboguy
12-17-2009, 05:37 PM
The area is not gray. The people TAKING the bets get prosecuted. The people making the bets are NEVER prosecuted, immunity or otherwise. (Look at the case law.) Sure, there are issues with getting paid but that goes to the honesty and competence of the people fading your bets; not, the law.i am looking forthe laws now, but i remember the interstate wire act prosecuted playes as well as the people taking the bets. in most offshore ofices they are acting legally within the laws of the country that they operate out of. players are not prosecuted right now for illegal gambling, but that does not mean that it is legal to do. i have seen plenty of people prosecuted under state laws for illegal gambling that are players and not backers. i have seen plenty of card games raided and players prosecuted for ilegal gambling and fined for it. i am not saying that this is not a tremendous waste of time, but it does happen. i believe that the interstate wire act was implemented by the keefhoffer comission, at that time there was no mention of foreign gambling. but it is still illegal use of phone wires and internet acceshttp://www.gambling-law-us.com/Federal-Laws/illegal-gambling.htms.
http://www.gambling-law-us.com/Federal-Laws/wire-act.htm

http://www.gambling-law-us.com/Federal-Laws/internet-gambling-ban.htm

adwplayingfool
12-17-2009, 05:43 PM
according to the justice department horse race betting is also illegal online, players DO NOT get prosecuted in 99% of busts only bookmakers

lamboguy
12-17-2009, 06:05 PM
according to the justice department horse race betting is also illegal online, players DO NOT get prosecuted in 99% of busts only bookmakersthat is precisely the way i understand it. maybe they don't prosecute every case, but from a government that brought you the patriot act, and is running at crazy defecits, look for them to clamp down in the future to take more money away from you in what they call violation of laws, while they take away your liberties.