PDA

View Full Version : Rio got the olympics, Illinois gets al qaeda

ArlJim78
12-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Obama, Durban, Quinn and Daley couldn't deliver the olympics, they've got conventions pulling out of Chicago left and right because of the high costs, even Oprah is shutting down Chicago operations.

never fear though, our new jobs program is based on housing al qaeda prisoners (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/12/some-gitmo-detainees-headed-to-illinois-prison-obama-administration-to-announce-tuesday.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter). yeah, now theres some hope.

oh and its supposed to enhance national security too.:rolleyes:

__________________________________________________ from ABC

Some Gitmo Detainees Headed to Illinois Prison, Obama Administration to Announce Tuesday

December 14, 2009 11:02 PM

A prison complex 150 miles from Chicago will house Gitmo detainees, the Obama administration will announce Tuesday.

A senior administration official tells ABC News that on Tuesday the administration will announce that President Obama "has directed that the federal government proceed with the acquisition of the Thomson Correctional Center in Thomson, Illinois to house federal inmates and a limited number of detainees from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba."

Thomson Correctional Center is a maximum security prison that opened in 2001 but has never been fully utilized because of state budget issues

Tom
12-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Will they run through the state holding torches, too?

illinoisbred
12-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Is Quinn still holding a series of scheduled public meetings next week to openly discuss this? Or is it a done deal and the meetings just another shitty charade? Gotta love politics Illinois-style and now taken to Washington D C.

ArlJim78
12-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Yes, I heard on the radio that the public meetings will be held next week, even though the announcement that its a done deal will happen today. What else would you expect in this state?

DJofSD
12-15-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm guessing that since most penal institutions have been outsourced the unions will be recepiants of the largess.

illinoisbred
12-15-2009, 10:33 AM
Labor Unions have made the cost of conventions in Chicago prohibitive. No one working a trade show can plug anything in without calling a Electrical Workers Union representative[not even your cell phone charger]. You can't hammer a nail or screw a screw in without calling a Carpenters Union rep.. So on and so on in regard to almost everything. When the convention/trade show is over these bastards steal anything and everything.

Valuist
12-15-2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks for sticking it to your home state, Barack. As another Illinois resident, this is an outrage.

How will Illinois resident Mostpost try to spin this?

ArlJim78
12-15-2009, 11:06 AM
If this is such a great idea for Illinois, then I say stick them in downtown Chicago. why not the Cook County jail? these guys would be praying to allah to go back to Gitmo after a few nights in that joint.

boxcar
12-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks for sticking it to your home state, Barack. As another Illinois resident, this is an outrage.

How will Illinois resident Mostpost try to spin this?

Mosty has always sympathized with the poor, misunderstood people, which the U.S., with its ill-conceived foreign policy , has forced to become terrorists. I suspect Mosty will write to Obama, the IL gov and prison officials begging to have a terrorist or two released to be placed on house arrest -- in his house!

Boxcar

DJofSD
12-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Maybe he can get that route and deliver their mail. Then he can visit with them and become chums.

Dave Schwartz
12-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Might as well make it easy for friends and relatives to visit.

Should have been Detroit.

illinoisbred
12-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Like Newman[from Seinfeld] says-when you deliver mail you control information.

Bochall
12-15-2009, 11:43 AM
What does Oprah have to do with anything? Thats a sign the economy is bad? NOPE...its just another BULLSHIT move by the BULLSHIT extreme righties on this BULLSHIT site. And all you bullshit eaters are just lapping it up...pathetic.
Under what regime did Seinfeld and Cheers go off the air??? Are all the leaders in office during the cancellation/retirement of a TV icon doing badly?

You fools get FU&*%NG dumber and dumber by the minute. Watch out...Teletubbies may be going off the air...must mean the Pres and economy suck!

illinoisbred
12-15-2009, 11:47 AM
I guess that would be the Castro regime to you.

johnhannibalsmith
12-15-2009, 12:04 PM
What does Oprah have to do with anything?

I've been wondering that for a billion dollars.

Thats a sign the economy is bad?

To quote a famous track announcer, "huh?"

NOPE...its just another BULLSHIT move by the BULLSHIT extreme righties on this BULLSHIT site.

One post with one author; extremism can be frustrating, but you needn't be this upset.

And all you bullshit eaters are just lapping it up...pathetic.

Goodness... talk about feasting.

Under what regime did Seinfeld and Cheers go off the air??? Are all the leaders in office during the cancellation/retirement of a TV icon doing badly?

Yes. And those in office during the pilot episodes of similarly iconic quality also suck.

You fools get FU&*%NG dumber and dumber by the minute. Watch out...Teletubbies may be going off the air...must mean the Pres and economy suck!

What was this thread about anyway? I'm not sure that I got point, but once I read this brilliant commentary, it all became secondary to this well-conceived rebuttal.

ArlJim78
12-15-2009, 12:14 PM
to Bochall, Oprah is leaving Chicago, so that is why I put her on the list of bad news for Chicago. leaving aside your assinine and unwarranted verbal tirade, this is not good news for the city and everyone except you seems to know that.

Bochall
12-15-2009, 12:16 PM
The title of the thread was "Rio gets the Olympics and Ill. gets al qaeda"

what does Oprah have to do with that?????
My point is that the Oprah retirement thing is YET ANOTHER lousy pile on effort by the right...she is RETIRING you bozos! She cant stay on TV forever...so since she chose to retire during the Obama admin it must be because he's a crappy leader!! Yeah, thats it!

on a totally unrelated note: cities who host the Olympics LOSE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!!! Do you Illinois residents want that? I bet you do so you can blame Obama.

Look, he isnt doing the greatest job, he has made bad moves, but this Oprah thing is just complete right wing crap, and you know it.

Again, WHAT DOES OPRAH HAVE TO DO WITH AL QEADA PRISONERS GOING TO ILLINOIS?

Almost forgot...the Bears and Redskins are having lousy years...that damn Obama is ruining football too! Wasnt it him who brought Cutler to the Bears...didnt he engineer that trade? Must have, he's the president and it happened while he was in office....its his fault.

illinoisbred
12-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Maybe he can get that route and deliver their mail. Then he can visit with them and become chums.
Mail load will probably be heavy,what with the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes and all, he/she can always take a play from the Cliff Clavin handbook and stage a Jeep accident.

Bochall
12-15-2009, 12:24 PM
to Bochall, Oprah is leaving Chicago, so that is why I put her on the list of bad news for Chicago. leaving aside your assinine and unwarranted verbal tirade, this is not good news for the city and everyone except you seems to know that.

Yes, and lets say the 'Tonight Show' ceased to exist when Carson retired. Would the loss of that show be deemed an economic loss for LA and be used to put blame on the existing gov or pres in office? The fact of the matter is if Oprah chose to retire when a Rep. was in office NONE OF YOU would post about the economic loss for that city. This much you know....i hope.

boxcar
12-15-2009, 12:28 PM
What was this thread about anyway? I'm not sure that I got point, but once I read this brilliant commentary, it all became secondary to this well-conceived rebuttal.

It's obvious that all Bochall needs is more coffee. More caffeine can fix a multitude of poor 'tudes. :D

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
12-15-2009, 12:29 PM
I just want to state, for the record, that the demise of Oprah's show is thus far my singular favorite tangible* moment of this Presidency**.

*(speeches that sound nice not included)

**(I'm not necessarily extremely left-wing just because I put a positive spin on the end of Oprah's show during the current administration)

illinoisbred
12-15-2009, 12:32 PM
I just want to state, for the record, that the demise of Oprah's show is thus far my singular favorite tangible* moment of this Presidency**.

*(speeches that sound nice not included)

**(I'm not necessarily extremely left-wing just because I put a positive spin on the end of Oprah's show during the current administration)
Yes,historians will ponder and theorize about this crucial point for years.

Bochall
12-15-2009, 12:35 PM
The statement about losing conventions in Chicago is legit. I am not debating that, but when one heaps this peripheral Oprah crap that the rank and file fools follow along with, it takes away from the original point...which was a good one.

If the Bears had made the playoffs this year (which they wont) wouldnt a home playoff game benefit the economy of Chicago and Illinois? Now whos to blame for that....Barack?

boxcar
12-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Yes,historians will ponder and theorize about this crucial point for years.

Maybe the Big O is moving in to the WH to be closer to her....man. :D

Boxcar

ArlJim78
12-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Yes, and lets say the 'Tonight Show' ceased to exist when Carson retired. Would the loss of that show be deemed an economic loss for LA and be used to put blame on the existing gov or pres in office? The fact of the matter is if Oprah chose to retire when a Rep. was in office NONE OF YOU would post about the economic loss for that city. This much you know....i hope.
get a grip on yourself. you ask why Oprah was mentioned on this thread and now you start asking about the tonight show?

1) I didn't blame any politician for Oprah leaving Chicago. you're right that it has nothing to do with politicians, I threw it in because its another string of recent bads news for Illinois, not in a political sense. maybe I shouldn't have but i didn't expect it would become the dominant aspect of the story either.

2) Oprah is ending her daytime talk show, but she is not retiring. She is going in to cable TV where she will have her own network AND will still appear on various shows on this new network. this will mean her base of operations will not be in chicago and it WILL have a negative effect here because she is a big deal in the city. again, I'm NOT BLAMING POLITICIANS FOR THIS!!

johnhannibalsmith
12-15-2009, 12:45 PM
... I didn't blame any politician for Oprah leaving Chicago. you're right that it has nothing to do with politicians, I threw it in because its another string of recent bads news for Illinois, not in a political sense. maybe I shouldn't have but i didn't expect it would become the dominant aspect of the story either.... again, I'm NOT BLAMING POLITICIANS FOR THIS!!

...and I was really enjoying the kooky direction that this had taken...

I will state that Oprah is among the chief contributors to global climate change or whatever it is called if that gets anyone going nearly as fervently...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :liar:

illinoisbred
12-15-2009, 12:47 PM
She's a huge factor in the downtown Chicago economy. Every woman I've known that has attended 1 of her shows also spent 2-300.00 dollars shopping afterwards.