PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Software

Track Collector
12-14-2009, 12:11 AM
I have a new Dell computer ordered as a Christmas present for my wife. Along with it I ordered PC Mover Essentials. After already receiving the software (the computer has not arrived yet), I found a number of sites on the internet with less than happy reviews. The new computer will have Windows 7 on it.

Does anyone have any experience with this software, and what operating systems did you transfer applications/files from and to?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

hcap
12-14-2009, 05:05 AM
Did not work for me. I tried to transfer 40 gigs from an older Dell XP computer to a brand new HP with windows 7 Home Premium. Did not use the easy transfer cable. Instead an external hard drive-one of the methods supported by the software. Tried a few times. At least it did restore my new machine back to original configuration after not doing what it was supposed to do. Got the version that promised to transfer 3 programs. None of the 3 programs were copied correctly. Data files did work for the most part.

Wound up transferring data manually using the external hard drive. Picking and choosing as I went along. Re-installed 2 of the 3 programs. Was missing the original disc for the 3 rd. Windows 7 is pretty cool. Still prefer XP, but 7 is growing on me.