PDA

View Full Version : Owner Stats ????

Maryland Owner
12-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Is there any source that can be used to find owner stats - lifetime or meet or year etc - thanks for any leads

Bochall
12-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Owner stats should be posted on each tracks website. It is owner/trainer combos that can be found nowhere, to my knowledge. Such as trainer Dove Houghton and Fast Enough Stables (since you are in Md)...great combo.

njcurveball
12-13-2009, 11:08 PM
If you compile HDW data into a database you can create your own queries and compile this data.

I use HTR to do it and have found some eye opening stats. There was one owner for trainer Jamie Ness at PID that was winning over 80%.

The confusing thing is going to be just what they will do in the future with a win percentage like that.

Other than using exports to compile your own database and run stats I do not know of anything out there.

Owners are not the "Holy Grail" by an means. I have a report showing all owners winning over 40% on todays surface ( I dont group poly with dirt or either one of them with turf) and it has had runouts of 15 or more on some days.

My own research has shown this factor is actually less important than the jockey. Just my 2 cents.

Jim

takeout
12-14-2009, 04:32 AM
The American Racing Manual?

The question mark is because in the older manuals they used to have the records of individual owners if they made over a certain amount in purses. Now it’s just the leaders, I think.