PDA

View Full Version : Drainage Issues at SA???

Mike_412
12-13-2009, 05:17 PM
I thought this wasn't supposed to happen? ;)

http://www.drf.com/news/article/109534.html
(http://www.drf.com/news/article/109534.html)

rrbauer
12-13-2009, 05:29 PM
The article quoted "trainer" Mike Machowsky. I thought he retired!

InsideThePylons-MW
12-13-2009, 06:14 PM
All-weather means....

Not too wet or not too dry.....Not too hot or not too cold

rwwupl
12-13-2009, 06:24 PM
I thought this wasn't supposed to happen? ;)

http://www.drf.com/news/article/109534.html
(http://www.drf.com/news/article/109534.html)

More Poo Poo. :rolleyes:

illinoisbred
12-13-2009, 06:38 PM
How and where does SA discharge this storm water? Do they have a retention/detention basin, or just do surface discharge that eventually finds its way to nearby streams,creeks,or rivers? Could there be contamination issues here?

the_fat_man
12-13-2009, 06:44 PM
:sleeping::sleeping:

fmolf
12-13-2009, 06:54 PM
How and where does SA discharge this storm water? Do they have a retention/detention basin, or just do surface discharge that eventually finds its way to nearby streams,creeks,or rivers? Could there be contamination issues here?
carpet fibers,rubber tires,linoleum,old clothes,nylon,rayon and god only knows what else.Oh those tricky california racing officials.Not one thing that horseplayers were told about the synthetic surfaces has proven to be true!

rrbauer
12-13-2009, 06:55 PM

If you really want to know about this why don't you email Ron Charles at Santa Anita?

bisket
12-13-2009, 08:39 PM
this is the exact same scenerio as 2008. when they sealed the surface, and it was a highway for the months of january and february. they replaced the surface in march of that year. i wonder if this will open the door to dirt being installed. at the poly track manufacturers expense!!

fmolf
12-13-2009, 09:20 PM
this is the exact same scenerio as 2008. when they sealed the surface, and it was a highway for the months of january and february. they replaced the surface in march of that year. i wonder if this will open the door to dirt being installed. at the poly track manufacturers expense!!
maybe they can get a kickback from the sand and dirt suppliers!

toussaud
12-13-2009, 11:46 PM
SA has had a drainage issue for quite some time now. They are draining money out of my damn pocket with these short fields and high takeout.

PaceAdvantage
12-14-2009, 01:47 AM
:sleeping::sleeping:That was helpful...every time you bust on speed figs or Beyer, I'll remember the ol' "dual-snooze" emoticon response.

A classic!

gm10
12-14-2009, 04:11 AM
Come on fella's ... it happens.

AQU HAW FG TP all had cancelations last week.

FenceBored
12-14-2009, 07:36 AM
Come on fella's ... it happens.

AQU HAW FG TP all had cancelations last week.

'See, synthetics have the same problems as dirt tracks, they're just more expensive.' Great argument there, I'll run right out and buy me one of those synth tracks. :D

joanied
12-15-2009, 12:35 PM
I would think that by now they realize this is not a all weather track...and they are damned lucky this rain didn't happen during the BC...what a f****ing mess that would have been.

sandpit
12-15-2009, 12:50 PM
There are two main causes of drainage malfunction: 1. the surface doesn't allow the water through to the underlying drainage system; 2. the underlying drainage system doesn't work either due to poor construction or a large amount of rain in a short time.

According to the DRF article, Ron Charles seems to indicate their problem was related to reason 2, by way of too much rain and a clogged drainage system because of the bad Cushion track installation.

Considering how little rain southern California gets, it's not surprising that 3 inches in 12 hours caused them problems...I bet driving on the 405 et al was a nightmare :mad: