PDA

View Full Version : Why is Zenyatta going to Kentucky? (Keep her here)

Igeteven
12-13-2009, 11:36 AM
She is the best filly in the world, in my opinion,

Now, why on earth she is going to Kentucky to breed and not here in California.

1. Why is the Stallion not coming here?

2. The owner is a California Horsemen>

3. The owner is on the California Horse Racing Board.

If I owned the horse, I would keep her in California and bring the Stallion to her.

This thread is not on who is the best filly around, just to write your opinion on why she is going out of State to breed.

joanied
12-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Igeteven...

SOP...standrad operating proceedure...no stallion is brought to a mare...regardless of who she is or how great she is...in all breeds, the mare goes to the stallion (unless it's a breed that allows for artificial insemination...in that case, you can say the stallion comes to the mare;) with his semen being shipped to her)...
if there was a stallion standing in CA. they wanted to mate Zenyatta to, they'd keep here there, and still, she'd have to be taken to where he stands...but Kentucky stands the best of the best...
:)

Spalding No!
12-13-2009, 11:57 AM

Take your pick:

(1) Probably so they can say they shipped more than twice in her career

or

(2) The Jockey Club does not allow artificial breeding, and California has nothing but artificial surfaces

Steve R
12-13-2009, 12:26 PM

If I owned the horse, I would keep her in California and bring the Stallion to her.

This thread is not on who is the best filly around, just to write your opinion on why she is going out of State to breed.
This is a joke, isn't it?

Robert Goren
12-13-2009, 12:35 PM

This thread is not on who is the best filly around, just to write your opinion on why she is going out of State to breed.Huh?

johnhannibalsmith
12-13-2009, 01:27 PM
I thought you quit playing/watching/going to California tracks Lester...

They are, the worst, in, your opinion, and the laughing, stock, of the racing, universe,,

Now you complain about Moss not breeding to a California stud to take advantage of the lucrative future of Cal racing and the breeding program...

:confused:

Igeteven
12-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Yes I quit Del Mar, Santa Anita, Golden Gate and Hollywood Park, unless I know the owner or trainer, I will bet on their horse.

As to the rest of the racing here, This is third class racing, nothing more.

I would rather bet harness racing then play these mickey mouse tracks in California.

California can take their so called big races and shove them in the Pacific Ocean for all I can care.

I have been doing very well playing Monticello Raceway.

As of now, my wallet with money that's all that counts.

They promote big races for the players, give me a break, winning and putting money in your wallet. "that what counts, nothing more".

Seabiscuit@AR
12-14-2009, 04:37 AM
Why is Zenyatta even retiring? I understand retiring at the peak of your powers and that as horses age they tend to lose some of their ability. But from what I have seen the great ones seem to be able to stay at the top for longer than the average horse. Zenyatta I suspect is one of the great ones and in her last race looked to have more races in her

14 from 14 is good but in 2010 she could have made it 20 from 20 culminating in a 3rd Breeders Cup triumph at Churchill Downs

Stillriledup
12-14-2009, 04:59 AM
Why is Zenyatta even retiring? I understand retiring at the peak of your powers and that as horses age they tend to lose some of their ability. But from what I have seen the great ones seem to be able to stay at the top for longer than the average horse. Zenyatta I suspect is one of the great ones and in her last race looked to have more races in her

14 from 14 is good but in 2010 she could have made it 20 from 20 culminating in a 3rd Breeders Cup triumph at Churchill Downs

She's retiring because she's exhausted from having so many career starts?

hazzardm
12-14-2009, 07:50 AM
(2) The Jockey Club does not allow artificial breeding, and California has nothing but artificial surfaces

:lol:

Fingal
12-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Igeteven...

SOP...standrad operating proceedure...no stallion is brought to a mare...regardless of who she is or how great she is...in all breeds, the mare goes to the stallion (unless it's a breed that allows for artificial insemination...in that case, you can say the stallion comes to the mare;) with his semen being shipped to her)...
if there was a stallion standing in CA. they wanted to mate Zenyatta to, they'd keep here there, and still, she'd have to be taken to where he stands...but Kentucky stands the best of the best...
:)

And if Jerry Moss wants a Cal-Bred, he can BRING her back to CA to drop the foal here & it'd be considered a Cal-Bred & eligible for the CA incentive programs that way.

From the California Thoroughbred Breeder's website-

http://www.ctba.com/

What is the definition of a California-bred? The definition of a California-bred is as follows: A California-bred Thoroughbred is a horse dropped in California after being conceived in California, or any Thoroughbred foal dropped by a mare in California if the mare remains in California to be next bred to a Thoroughbred stallion standing in the state. If the mare cannot be bred for two successive seasons, but remains in California during that period, her foal will be considered a California-bred.

horses721
12-14-2009, 01:58 PM

Take your pick:

(1) Probably so they can say they shipped more than twice in her career

or

Great Post :jump:

TJDave
12-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Igeteven...

SOP...standrad operating proceedure...no stallion is brought to a mare...regardless of who she is or how great she is...in all breeds, the mare goes to the stallion

If so, I'd never leave the house. ;)

With apologies to elksclub

Linny
12-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Moss lives in Cali but keeps his mares in KY because thats where to best stallions are. Stallions don't ship, the mares travel to the stallion.