PDA

View Full Version : Offer: All-In-One program for "Pace Makes The Race" book

clue
12-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi All,

I'm looking for a nice copy of the hardcover 1991 edition of "Pace Makes the Race". I need one with no marks or creases, tight, square binding and a clean, fairly sharp dust jacket.

I'm offering in trade Dick Mitchell's "All-In-One" version 2.03 with 1994 pars. This is the manual entry, it's on a single floppy disc. I actually have multiple earlier versions including early Mac versions.

Anyone interested, please PM me.

-clue

Dick Schmidt
12-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Unless you collect old racing books, you might want to conseder the second (paperback) edition. The numbers are better, there is less fluff and it is better written. Since I wrote them both, I should know.

Dick

Corduroy pillows are making headlines.

clue
12-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Hi Dick,

Thanks for the suggestion and I agree. I own mangled, marked up, soiled copies of both. Each has it's own appeal to me. The '91 edition has a sentimental value to me. At the time I was reading it, I was having long phone conversations with Pirco teaching member, Dick Resch. I'll never forget how generous he was with his time and knowledge. I also spoke with you a few times. I thank you both; it's always a pleasure to talk to a smart individual deeply immersed in his craft.

As a trader, I should mention I've also just tracked down first edition hardcovers of Justin Mamis' "The Nature of Risk", "How To Buy" and "When To Sell". They are classics of the trading literature, more as philosophical treatise than anything.

Hope you're still handicapping. Racing is clearly a more pure and noble pursuit than the debauched stocks/futures/forex markets. ;)

Best,
clue

Dick Schmidt
12-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Hi Clue,

No, I don't go racing much anymore. I've moved on, first to commodities and then to FOREX. It may not be as elegant as the sprot of kings, but the money is a lot better. Anyway, glad you enjoy the book and wish you luck finding a pristine copy of the original hardback. I still have a couple, but I don't think I'll sell them.

Merry Christmas,

Dick

"You know, Gradie, most people seems to think I’m parinoid; crazy. But they never met any precambrian life forms, have they.."
-Bert Gummer (Tremmors)

fast4522
12-19-2009, 07:13 PM
I was watching a network news station that said that soon every book that has ever been published will soon be available in PDF for $9. My question is if anyone else viewed the same broadcast and got the name of the company. And if Pace makes the race is available in PDF?