PDA

View Full Version : Obama should be taught....

newtothegame
12-12-2009, 05:08 AM
what the word "vetting" means. Has there ever been a cabinet full of "bad" choices ...now the ambassadors......

Obama's Ambassador Nominee Linked to Cuban Spy

Friday, 11 Dec 2009 02:12 PM
Article Font Size http://newsmax.com/App_Themes/NewsmaxVideo/Images/plus.jpg (javascript:increaseFontSize();) http://newsmax.com/App_Themes/NewsmaxVideo/Images/minus.jpg (javascript:decreaseFontSize();)

By: Theodore Kettle

Mari Del Carmen Aponte’s nomination as President Clinton’s ambassador to the Dominican Republic had to be withdrawn in 1998 when the late Sen. Jesse Helms let it be known he had an intelligence memo examining her connections to Communist Cuba’s spy agency.

On Wednesday, after years of giving many thousands of dollars to Democratic Party candidates and causes, Aponte has been nominated as U.S. ambassador to El Salvador by President Obama, who said her “depth of experience … will be valuable to my administration as we work to bring about real change for the American people.”

Aponte is a lawyer and longtime friend of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton who served on Bill Clinton’s White House transition team in 1993. A 1998 Insight Magazine article said, “while routinely monitoring Cuban intelligence officers at the Cuban Interests Section in Washington, the FBI discovered that a member of President Clinton’s White House transition team may have been recruited as a spy for Fidel Castro.”

According to the magazine, which folded last year, the FBI believed Aponte’s live-in boyfriend was an agent for Cuba’s Dirección General de Inteligencia or DGI. Later named as Roberto Tamayo, the magazine said the FBI discovered that he “introduced her to Cuban intelligence officers at the interests section. He allegedly gave her a ‘loan’ believed to have come from the Cuban secret service – a loan Aponte never repaid. When questioned by the FBI in 1994, Aponte refused to take a polygraph test.”

http://newsmax.com/InsideCover/aponte-cuba-spy-obama/2009/12/11/id/341257

Warren Henry
12-12-2009, 11:54 AM
The arrogant fool thinks we can't figure out what he is doing. He knows these people.

Tom
12-12-2009, 11:57 AM
He's one of them.

kenwoodallpromos
12-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Nothing proven? Bush's endangering the public by driving drunk was Proven.

mostpost
12-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Can anyone tell me that her speaking to the Cuban Intelligence was not with the intent of becoming a double agent. If indeed she did speak to them. I'm not saying that's what happened, but can you prove it incorrect.

dartman51
12-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Can anyone tell me that her speaking to the Cuban Intelligence was not with the intent of becoming a double agent. If indeed she did speak to them. I'm not saying that's what happened, but can you prove it incorrect.

That is the very attitude that led to the Ft. Hood shootings. While it was known that he had comunicated with an al Qaeda recruiter, it would have been POLITICALLY INCORRECT, to jump to any conclusions. Get real. Actions have consequences.

dartman51
12-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Nothing proven? Bush's endangering the public by driving drunk was Proven.

That's really intelligent. You don't have anything to contribute, so take a swipe at Bush. But, then, why not?? Your leader does it at every opportunity. He campaigned against Bush, He is still campaigning against Bush, and he will continue campaigning against Bush through the 2012 election. That's one reason he will lose. He can't move on. Every time he tries something and it doesn't work, oh well, it's Bush's fault. He will still be singing that tune as he leaves office in January, 2013.

newtothegame
12-12-2009, 03:50 PM

Can you prove that her speaking to the cuban Intelligence was with the intent of becoming a double agent???

For that matter....you can see whatever you want to see in anything....
just look out the window and I am sure you can see the candy coated rainbow and wild unicorns frollicking in the backyard huh?
:bang:

newtothegame
12-12-2009, 03:51 PM

Maybe thats wy she refused the polygraph...cause she was so intent on helping us out......:lol:

boxcar
12-12-2009, 03:52 PM
That's really intelligent. You don't have anything to contribute, so take a swipe at Bush. But, then, why not?? Your leader does it at every opportunity. He campaigned against Bush, He is still campaigning against Bush, and he will continue campaigning against Bush through the 2012 election. That's one reason he will lose. He can't move on. Every time he tries something and it doesn't work, oh well, it's Bush's fault. He will still be singing that tune as he leaves office in January, 2013.

What's really a riot with this moron-in-chief we have is that while he's constantly swiping at Bush (for BO, too, is stuck on Stupid), he frequently appeals to Regan policies or ideology in an attempt to convey to his listeners (especially those not in his choir) that he's really a lot more conservative than what they make him to be. Yeah.....right! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

mostpost
12-12-2009, 05:01 PM
That is the very attitude that led to the Ft. Hood shootings. While it was known that he had comunicated with an al Qaeda recruiter, it would have been POLITICALLY INCORRECT, to jump to any conclusions. Get real. Actions have consequences.
They are two very different situations. Major Hasam did have communications with an Imam who later fled to Yemen while nder investigation. This would be equivalent to Ms. Aponte's speaking to Cuban Intelligence, if indeed she did speak to them. But it was also known that Major Hasan had spoken out forcefully and passionately against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. And it was known that he was not mentally stable. That the pressures of his job were taking a toll on him. I believe that was the reason given for transferring him to Ft. Hood. Because there were experts there who could monitor him and help him.
In the case of Aponte, we have Jesse Helms claiming to have a memo detailing an attempt by Cuban intelligence to recruit her as a spy. The Newsmax story says Helms "Let it be known that he had". Why didn't it simply say Helms "produced" a memo. Did any one else see the memo. And if they did, was it conclusive proof?
The parts of the memo quoted in the story have a lot of words like alleged and believed. The Miami Herald in its 1999 story says:
Whether or not there was ever a Cuban attempt to recruit Aponte remains unclear,” Some circumstantial evidence (but not a lot of that) and no hard evidence.

mostpost
12-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Maybe thats wy she refused the polygraph...cause she was so intent on helping us out......:lol:
United States Constitution Fifth Amendment.

Pell Mell
12-12-2009, 06:40 PM
They are two very different situations. Major Hasam did have communications with an Imam who later fled to Yemen while nder investigation. This would be equivalent to Ms. Aponte's speaking to Cuban Intelligence, if indeed she did speak to them. But it was also known that Major Hasan had spoken out forcefully and passionately against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. And it was known that he was not mentally stable. That the pressures of his job were taking a toll on him. I believe that was the reason given for transferring him to Ft. Hood. Because there were experts there who could monitor him and help him.
In the case of Aponte, we have Jesse Helms claiming to have a memo detailing an attempt by Cuban intelligence to recruit her as a spy. The Newsmax story says Helms "Let it be known that he had". Why didn't it simply say Helms "produced" a memo. Did any one else see the memo. And if they did, was it conclusive proof?
The parts of the memo quoted in the story have a lot of words like alleged and believed. The Miami Herald in its 1999 story says:
Whether or not there was ever a Cuban attempt to recruit Aponte remains unclear,” Some circumstantial evidence (but not a lot of that) and no hard evidence.

I suppose if someone was a suspect in a child molestation case but nothing was ever proved, you would let this person alone with your child.
Just the fact that her name was mentioned in connection with something like this, whether there is solid proof or not should be enough to disqualify her. Many people lose a job for less than that. :bang:

Warren Henry
12-12-2009, 06:45 PM
United States Constitution Fifth Amendment.
Anyone who exercises their 5th amendment rights in a situation such as this has no business being in a policy position in our government.

Tom
12-12-2009, 07:07 PM
The whole idea of vetting is to prove your worth, not hide your guilt.
Obama has a terrible record in office and now has set a new record for lack of confidence by the people so early in a term. He is a total sceew up. President Gilligan. :lol:

newtothegame
12-12-2009, 11:49 PM
The whole idea of vetting is to prove your worth, not hide your guilt.
Obama has a terrible record in office and now has set a new record for lack of confidence by the people so early in a term. He is a total sceew up. President Gilligan. :lol:

You give Obama too much credit Tom.....even gilligan stumbled upon the right things every now and then :lol: