PDA

View Full Version : Dutrow brothers

tzipi
12-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Every horse they claim,goes on a 2-3 race wining streak. I've been watching Anthony and Sydney in NY and it's just insane. Horses they claim jump beyers by 20+ pts all the time.
"Won last start"%
Anthony 300 horses-35%
Sydney 20 horses-50%
Dick has to be about same. Can't see his stats. He's suspended from NY right now.

I mean all their stats are nuts! I just don't get how they do it. Maybe a bad way. Maybe a good training job. I don't know. Looking at Zip of Fools in 1st tomorrow at Aqueduct. Sydney claimed horse off of 60 beyers. Now on a winning streak of 3 races,85+ beyers,running the fastest she's ever run.

Saratoga_Mike
12-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Tony's done amazingly well since moving from Maryland. He's training for many of Rick's long-time owners, and I assume Chip's down as trainer while Rick's suspended. Tony has a terrific eye for young horses at the sales, too.

tzipi
12-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Tony's done amazingly well since moving from Maryland. He's training for many of Rick's long-time owners, and I assume Chip's down as trainer while Rick's suspended. Tony has a terrific eye for young horses at the sales, too.

No,Juan Rodriquez is the trainer for Rick Dutrow when he's suspended. Sydney has his own horses now and every horse he gets goes on big win streaks with jumping beyers. Their stat % are crazy.

Saratoga_Mike
12-11-2009, 09:59 PM
No,Juan Rodriquez is the trainer for Rick Dutrow when he's suspended. Sydney has his own horses now and every horse he gets goes on big win streaks with jumping beyers. Their stat % are crazy.

Is Chip (given name Sydney) training for Rick's core group of owners?

tzipi
12-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Is Chip (given name Sydney) training for Rick's core group of owners?

I've seen him with some of Michael Dubb's horses once in a while and some of his own owners too. Haven't looked at all the owners of his horses though.

bisket
12-11-2009, 10:39 PM
antney dutrow is one of the best trainers in the business. when he gets his hands on some champion type horses he'll make pletcher and assmussen look like amateurs. these days are right around the corner. you watch :cool:

toussaud
12-11-2009, 10:42 PM
he's got a derby prospect if you want to call him that in winslow homer

tzipi
12-11-2009, 10:49 PM
I never said they weren't good. I was just saying I was amazed they can claim a horse and a week or two later it's on a win streak running beyers 20+ points higher. If they are doing it right,then they are awesome. I know there has been whispers and Ricks been suspended numerous times but I can't judge because I'm not there.

turfnsport
12-11-2009, 11:01 PM
While Rick has had numerous suspensions, Tony has gone pretty much unscathed through his career, which was mostly in Maryland. The only suspension I can recall Tony having was in '07 when 2 of is horses that ran at Del Park had overages of phenlybutazone. He was given 7 days for each.

In his 25 yrs in MD I don't recall him ever having any postitives.

bisket
12-11-2009, 11:15 PM
don't lump antney with dickie. two completely different people. anthony had one derby type before. the owner wanted tony to go to florida for the winter, but tony wouldn't because the rest of his stable would have suffered. the owner took the horse south, and screwed the horse up. the horse was burning roma. anthony got the horse back in april, and had to start almost completely over with the colt. he got the colt back in shape, and just missed winning the haskell by a head to point given. roma finshed third in that one. i can't remember who was second. the colt disappeared after that race. he showed up a year later, under a different trainer, and never won another race.

tunasteve
12-11-2009, 11:40 PM
That runner up was Touch Tone. He ran 3 more times without winning and was with Ronny Werner his entire career.