PDA

View Full Version : joel Rosario

toussaud
12-11-2009, 06:14 PM
yeah 5 out 6 so far today. not half bad

TimesTheyRAChangin
12-11-2009, 07:19 PM
He was 2nd in the 1st,didn't ride in the 7th,and won the last!

yeah 5 out 6 so far today. not half bad

lamboguy
12-11-2009, 07:47 PM
that kid rides real good, he's good enough to ride the eastern circuit and get on some good horses with big shots for the big guys.

Show Me the Wire
12-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Now everyboidy jumps on the bad wagon. I posted about him being the top rider dominant rider weeks ago. :eek:

v j stauffer
12-12-2009, 02:13 PM
that kid rides real good, he's good enough to ride the eastern circuit and get on some good horses with big shots for the big guys.

He rides good horses here with big shots for big guys. Why would we go to a brand new curcuit and start all over?

lamboguy
12-12-2009, 04:43 PM
He rides good horses here with big shots for big guys. Why would we go to a brand new curcuit and start all over?i wouldn't go either, but the kid is smart and doesn't make many mistakes, so he is very capable of riding big horses that are capable of winning big races in other places. he is now riding 5 horse fields in southern california on a saturday afternoon with a good race going the native diver. what future do you see in southern california racing for the imediate future if they have trouble on a saturday afternoon? i promise you vic that there will not be a horse to win the kentucky derby that trains on a regular basis on southern california tracks in the next few years.
just an example vic, kent desormeax has resurected his career by leaving so. cal and moving east. personally i like rosario alot more than desormeax. rosario gets to every right spot on a race track. no accident that he rides for the top guys there, he would do the same on the east coast in a few months.

david cohen is going to be the leading rider in aqueduct this meet coming from california.

Dahoss9698
12-12-2009, 04:56 PM
david cohen is going to be the leading rider in aqueduct this meet coming from california.

Cohen hasn't ridden in California in years, but I understand your point. He's also ridden very well so far this meet, but I don't think it's going to be enough to dethrone Dominguez.

lamboguy
12-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Cohen hasn't ridden in California in years, but I understand your point. He's also ridden very well so far this meet, but I don't think it's going to be enough to dethrone Dominguez.i think ramon has enough business this year to go to gulfstream, that's why i said that. if ramon stays the winter no one comes close to him.

Cadillakin
12-12-2009, 05:01 PM
i promise you vic that there will not be a horse to win the kentucky derby that trains on a regular basis on southern california tracks in the next few years.

What a bunch of bull.. I Want Revenge was going to be the clear favorite for the Derby in 2009. Whether he would have won it or not, is anybodys guess.. But he had NO PROBLEMS whatsoever adjusting to the dirt tracks in the East.

lamboguy
12-12-2009, 05:14 PM
What a bunch of bull.. I Want Revenge was going to be the clear favorite for the Derby in 2009. Whether he would have won it or not, is anybodys guess.. But he had NO PROBLEMS whatsoever adjusting to the dirt tracks in the East.you took the words right out of my mouth!

the bottom that he got on the synthetic was not good enough to last and make it into the derby. he sure as hell looked super in the wood. that horse had a ton of ability, so i guess jury is still out. i don't think you will get a horse to win a kentucky derby that came out of the santa anita derby, i don't think the fellows at the ieah stables thought so either.

strapper
12-12-2009, 06:05 PM
I caught his record tying 6th win. Needless to say the announcer got a little excited since he has been his agent I believe. That's great, though, rarified air, only a handful have done it like The Shoe, Pincay, and Kent I think. :)

Stillriledup
12-12-2009, 06:13 PM
I caught his record tying 6th win. Needless to say the announcer got a little excited since he has been his agent I believe. That's great, though, rarified air, only a handful have done it like The Shoe, Pincay, and Kent I think. :)

That's an unfair statement. Vic has been completely professional when it comes to Joel's wins. When a guy wins 6 its the announcers duty to go nuts, no matter who it is. Vic would have did the same thing had it been any other rider.

cj
12-12-2009, 06:15 PM
What a bunch of bull.. I Want Revenge was going to be the clear favorite for the Derby in 2009. Whether he would have won it or not, is anybodys guess.. But he had NO PROBLEMS whatsoever adjusting to the dirt tracks in the East.

Adjusting to dirt? He was way, way better on dirt. He was mediocre at best on rubber.

Dahoss9698
12-12-2009, 07:15 PM
That's an unfair statement. Vic has been completely professional when it comes to Joel's wins. When a guy wins 6 its the announcers duty to go nuts, no matter who it is. Vic would have did the same thing had it been any other rider.

It's not unfair at all. I find it hard to believe Vic would have been crying had Bejarano won 6 on the day. Either way, even Vic seems to disagree with how professional you think he is. Here's a comment from him posted on another board in regards to the race.

Originally Posted by v j stauffer

Thanks guys. I got a little choked up because I have such great admiration for Joel and such an appreciation of what it means to accomplish something that three hall of famers did.

Probably not very professional. But we all know that's nothing new for me.

Stillriledup
12-12-2009, 07:31 PM
It's not unfair at all. I find it hard to believe Vic would have been crying had Bejarano won 6 on the day. Either way, even Vic seems to disagree with how professional you think he is. Here's a comment from him posted on another board in regards to the race.

Originally Posted by v j stauffer

Thanks guys. I got a little choked up because I have such great admiration for Joel and such an appreciation of what it means to accomplish something that three hall of famers did.

Probably not very professional. But we all know that's nothing new for me.

I'm sure he apologizes to you for being human.

Dahoss9698
12-12-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm sure he apologizes to you for being human.
Interesting response.

I just disagree that it is an unfair statement and that he wouldn't have gotten choked up had it been Bejarano or someone else. I'm sure he would say the same thing.

Sometimes Vic's human element is quite refreshing. However, it's not very professional, as he said.

Stillriledup
12-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Interesting response.

I just disagree that it is an unfair statement and that he wouldn't have gotten choked up had it been Bejarano or someone else. I'm sure he would say the same thing.

Sometimes Vic's human element is quite refreshing. However, it's not very professional, as he said.

Him getting choked up is different from the words he actually utters. He didn't say one word he wouldnt' have said had it been another rider. If he didnt' admit he got choked up, i would have argued that you're just hearing things.

Dahoss9698
12-12-2009, 07:57 PM
If he didnt' admit he got choked up, i would have argued that you're just hearing things.

So essentially you just want to disagree for the sake of disagreeing? I know the feeling.

JustRalph
12-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Hey Vic

The guy who was broadcasting the Hindenburg Crash live on Radio, got fired for becoming emotional .... :lol:

You are in good company........ :bang: :lol: :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
12-12-2009, 10:38 PM
So essentially you just want to disagree for the sake of disagreeing? I know the feeling.

No, i want to stick up for Vic. He's done everything possible to not rub salt into the bettors when Joel wins races, he needs to be commended for that.

Dahoss9698
12-12-2009, 10:57 PM
No, i want to stick up for Vic. He's done everything possible to not rub salt into the bettors when Joel wins races, he needs to be commended for that.

I know you want to stick up for him, blindly. I'm sure he appreciates it. But I find it hard to believe you typed the rest of this post with a straight face. Frankly, he needs no one sticking up for him in this thread.

I also find it hard to believe you didn't hear him get noticeably choked up. Then again, considering you want to just stick up for him no matter what, it makes sense.

Cardus
12-13-2009, 12:30 AM

He needs to be commended for doing his job properly when Joel wins (according to your description above)?

Stillriledup
12-13-2009, 03:07 AM
He needs to be commended for doing his job properly when Joel wins (according to your description above)?

No, he needs to be commended for not rubbing salt into your open wound when Joel wins races. As an announcer, he could be as excited as he wants to be for every winner, but with Joel, he chooses to respect the horseplayer who knows that he's Joel's agent, so he doesn't rub it in or get overly excited for Joel.

fmolf
12-13-2009, 07:24 AM
No, he needs to be commended for not rubbing salt into your open wound when Joel wins races. As an announcer, he could be as excited as he wants to be for every winner, but with Joel, he chooses to respect the horseplayer who knows that he's Joel's agent, so he doesn't rub it in or get overly excited for Joel.
Rosario is turning into the R Baze of socal.Getting on the good horses and beating home 3 or 4 other mediocre horses.The other three riders that did it beat many many more horses to the wire than Rosario did.Still a nice achievement for the kid.Lets not make him the next Shoemaker just yet!
Lets see what he does in the big races with full fields(they have any more of those in socal.)Native dancer field of 5(come on)if he wants to further his career he needs to move his tack because socal racing is moving in the wrong direction.

Robert Goren
12-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Where is this "elite" track with full fields that he suppose to move to? NY? CD?

fmolf
12-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Where is this "elite" track with full fields that he suppose to move to? NY? CD?
Lets see if he tries gulfstream....or keeneland/spring or oaklawn or belmont/spring or saratoga or churchill or fairgrounds right now for instance.
Gomez moves his tack around to compete with the big boys.why not Rosario?

Robert Goren
12-13-2009, 10:08 AM
CD these days is an elite track for 2 days a year. The FG and Oaklawn are very nice but are level 2 tracks. GP although it has some problems is still an elite track. Keenland/spring is truely one of the last great meets. Short non-turf fields of good horses are a problem almost everywhere including Aqu and Bel not just Hollywood. The late fall meet at Hollywood has aways been a dog. Things generally pick up at SA although there are still many problems. So Cal jockeys have never gotten respect they deserve when compared their east coast counterparts.

lamboguy
12-13-2009, 10:59 AM
CD these days is an elite track for 2 days a year. The FG and Oaklawn are very nice but are level 2 tracks. GP although it has some problems is still an elite track. Keenland/spring is truely one of the last great meets. Short non-turf fields of good horses are a problem almost everywhere including Aqu and Bel not just Hollywood. The late fall meet at Hollywood has aways been a dog. Things generally pick up at SA although there are still many problems. So Cal jockeys have never gotten respect they deserve when compared their east coast counterparts.interesting, i guess all those nice maiden special weight races and great allowance races, and their great stakes programs throughout their meet doesn't quite cut it in your eyes. i alway's thought that the fall meet at belmont and churchill were top shelf.

cj
12-13-2009, 11:04 AM
CD these days is an elite track for 2 days a year. The FG and Oaklawn are very nice but are level 2 tracks. GP although it has some problems is still an elite track. Keenland/spring is truely one of the last great meets. Short non-turf fields of good horses are a problem almost everywhere including Aqu and Bel not just Hollywood. The late fall meet at Hollywood has aways been a dog. Things generally pick up at SA although there are still many problems. So Cal jockeys have never gotten respect they deserve when compared their east coast counterparts.

The purses don't lie. SoCal is not an upper level circuit any longer. The only thing keeping it on the brink is that it is so isolated from any other decent racing. The people staying don't care much about purses, otherwise they wouldn't be wasting conditions running for low purses in a state where the expenses are double many others.

lamboguy
12-13-2009, 11:12 AM
The purses don't lie. SoCal is not an upper level circuit any longer. The only thing keeping it on the brink is that it is so isolated from any other decent racing. The people staying don't care much about purses, otherwise they wouldn't be wasting conditions running for low purses in a state where the expenses are double many others.the guys that care about the purses in california are heading over to sunland park these days. big purses and conventional surface to boot. can't beat the combination they offer you there!

Robert Goren
12-13-2009, 11:49 AM
The purses don't lie. SoCal is not an upper level circuit any longer. The only thing keeping it on the brink is that it is so isolated from any other decent racing. The people staying don't care much about purses, otherwise they wouldn't be wasting conditions running for low purses in a state where the expenses are double many others.Racinos have thrown a monkey wrench into racing. It takes a while for the caliber of racing to catch up with the purses. If So Cal and NY don't get slots soon they will be replaced by places that do.

Igeteven
12-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Racinos have thrown a monkey wrench into racing. It takes a while for the caliber of racing to catch up with the purses. If So Cal and NY don't get slots soon they will be replaced by places that do.

The Indians have that wrap up here in California, it will never happen. They give too much money to the politicians to keep them in office.

Welcome to California. The payoff State

Stillriledup
03-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Vic, is Joel ok?