PDA

View Full Version : Lava Man Likely Out

CBedo
12-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Listening to Doug Oneill on Blinkers Off on TVG this morning and he said due to moisture in the track, Lava Man will likely not run tomorrow. He said he will watch a few races this afternoon, and then make a final decsion, but he's about 90-95% that he will scratch.

I thought these synthetic tracks were supposed to not change with moisture? :rolleyes:

Cardus
12-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Now that this news is out, I am waiting for the post in which someone says he/she feels rotten for Vic.

Show Me the Wire
12-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Listening to Doug Oneill on Blinkers Off on TVG this morning and he said due to moisture in the track, Lava Man will likely not run tomorrow. He said he will watch a few races this afternoon, and then make a final decsion, but he's about 90-95% that he will scratch.

I thought these synthetic tracks were supposed to not change with moisture? :rolleyes:

O'Neill's statement make no sense, especially in light of Julio DeBruno's statement about the track being loose, due to the lack of moisture. DeJulio said the Hollywood park maintenance crew did not water the track as ususal, because of the pending rain earlier the week in So. Cal.

Tom
12-11-2009, 12:35 PM
He is out now - just heard it on TVG, right before the XM took it off and went to men's skiing!:mad:

rrbauer
12-11-2009, 12:38 PM
He is out now - just heard it on TVG, right before the XM took it off and went to men's skiing!:mad:

Yeah, but women's wrestling followed that....you missed it?

joanied
12-11-2009, 07:44 PM

Well, crap:faint: Been waiting forever for this...I agree with SMTW's post...it doesn't make any sense...so maybe there is some other reason...at any rate, as long as O'Neill is looking out for the old man...guess we'll just have to wait some more...
now I am going to root my heart out for Mast Track...for Humberto and for Bobby:jump: :jump: :jump:

Mike_412
12-11-2009, 08:05 PM
If you go by the motto, Hollywood all weather, except some weather, then it makes perfect sense.

Stillriledup
12-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Tough beat for Vic, I was looking forward to a LAVA MAN YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, i'll have to wait for another time. Maybe in the spring.

Fingal
12-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Even with the 5 horse fields on the rest of the card I was going to make the trip down to Hollywood to see Lava again.

v j stauffer
12-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Now that this news is out, I am waiting for the post in which someone says he/she feels rotten for Vic.

I feel rotten for Vic!!

PaceAdvantage
12-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Now that this news is out, I am waiting for the post in which someone says he/she feels rotten for Vic.A troll is a troll, no matter whom he is trolling. So stop trolling.

Cardus
12-12-2009, 01:57 AM
A troll is a troll, no matter whom he is trolling. So stop trolling.

How is this a "troll?"

Explain.

PaceAdvantage
12-12-2009, 04:23 AM
Seemed like an odd place to suddenly bring up "fans of Vic" or Stauffer himself.

A relatively high ratio of your 27 posts to date tie into Vic somehow.

Of course, I could be wrong...wouldn't be the first time...but it's really not all that common an occurrence.

How is this a "troll?"

Explain.

Figman
12-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Lava Man will make his return on the second day of the Santa Anita meet or in about two weeks. This information was given directly by Doug O'Neill on the Mark Cusano-Mike Veitch television show in Schenectady, N.Y. on Capital OTB Saturday morning.

joanied
12-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Lava Man will make his return on the second day of the Santa Anita meet or in about two weeks. This information was given directly by Doug O'Neill on the Mark Cusano-Mike Veitch television show in Schenectady, N.Y. on Capital OTB Saturday morning.

Maybe O Neill just doesn't trust the Hollywood surface and didn't want to say that?

Spalding No!
12-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Seemed like an odd place to suddenly bring up "fans of Vic" or Stauffer himself.

Actually, it was quite predictive.

Or didn't you read the "Poor Vic" thread?

CBedo
12-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Maybe O Neill just doesn't trust the Hollywood surface and didn't want to say that?I don't think that's likely. If so, why would he have publicly announced they were pointing for today's race in the first place?

joanied
12-12-2009, 06:26 PM
I don't think that's likely. If so, why would he have publicly announced they were pointing for today's race in the first place?

who knows??? It was just a thought anyway...we'll see Lava Man in 2 wks....and as long as he is OK...anytime O Neill thinks is the right time, is OK by me:)

CBedo
12-12-2009, 06:30 PM
who knows??? It was just a thought anyway...we'll see Lava Man in 2 wks....and as long as he is OK...anytime O Neill thinks is the right time, is OK by me:)I agree!

As long as we're throwing out weird ideas, is it possible that Lava Man was entered to discourage other trainers from entering their horses, thus giving O'neill's other runners a better chance? I know this is far fetched, as I don't know how intimidating Lava Man is anymore, but I thought I'd toss it out there.

tzipi
12-12-2009, 06:37 PM
They should've ran him in the BC. "MY GOD AND HERE COMES LAVA MAN TO WIN!!!!"

joanied
12-13-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm not sure the 'old man' coulda beat Mast Track...especially after his lay off...
anyway...I'm very happy that Bobby's horse won, and Humberto has another win as trainer...perfect:ThmbUp: :jump: :ThmbUp: