PDA

View Full Version : NFL fines

cj's dad
12-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Chad Johnson fined for wearing a serapi and sombrero - cost 30k

Flozell Adams fined for a cheap shot on Justin Tuck - 5th fine of the year for Flozell (great name by the way Flo).

These players are "out of their element".

We have idiots making huge amounts of $$$$ and have no idea of self control.

Examples- OJ - TO - Chad 85 - Tiger - John Daly etc.....

OTM Al
12-09-2009, 08:41 PM
They'll be dead broke 2 years after they are done if not sooner. In a certain way I find the former Chad Johnson humorous because he keeps mocking the humorlessness of the NFL, which really could lighten up a little. You fine an entertainer 30K for entertaining but all you can do is fine a cheap shot artist 50K for something he probably even knew wouldn't cause the team a penalty. Only make sense in that league which has become arrogant beyond every measure but the massive amounts of money they are making on the backs of the players. I really hope the coming uncapped year causes mass panic among ownership and league management and gets more of the dollars to the players themselves though I see serious collusion on the horizon...hmmm how was that for a digression :)

sandpit
12-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Chad Johnson fined for wearing a serapi and sombrero - cost 30k

Flozell Adams fined for a cheap shot on Justin Tuck - 5th fine of the year for Flozell (great name by the way Flo).

These players are "out of their element".

We have idiots making huge amounts of $$$$ and have no idea of self control.

Examples- OJ - TO - Chad 85 - Tiger - John Daly etc.....

I think Chad 85 looks at the fines as part of his annual self-marketing budget...so if he gets 5-6 of these a year, he is out $200 +/-...don't know what he makes, but obviously it doesn't bother him too much.

Flozell should have been tossed and suspended, he is no-count...I'm no Giants fan either.

Valuist
12-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Re: Chad Johnson/Ocho Cinqo, I think Goddell should lighten up a bit. His latest antics don't appear to be showing up opponents. Clown? Maybe but its still entertainment. I wouldn't lump him in with the cheap shot artists or the taunters. Funniest thing I've ever seen in an NFL game: The former Chad Johnson, innocently walking toward the referee, single dollar bill in hand, after a pass interference was called on him.

cj's dad
12-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Re: Chad Johnson/Ocho Cinqo, I think Goddell should lighten up a bit. His latest antics don't appear to be showing up opponents. Clown? Maybe but its still entertainment. I wouldn't lump him in with the cheap shot artists or the taunters. Funniest thing I've ever seen in an NFL game: The former Chad Johnson, innocently walking toward the referee, single dollar bill in hand, after a pass interference was called on him.

Yeah, in light of the recent NBA ref scandal, that was a real gut buster.

CBedo
12-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Re: Chad Johnson/Ocho Cinqo, I think Goddell should lighten up a bit. His latest antics don't appear to be showing up opponents. Clown? Maybe but its still entertainment. I wouldn't lump him in with the cheap shot artists or the taunters. Funniest thing I've ever seen in an NFL game: The former Chad Johnson, innocently walking toward the referee, single dollar bill in hand, after a pass interference was called on him.It was actually a review of whether he got his feet down in bounds or not, but you are right, I thought it was hilarious. I realize the NFL has to block any possible hint of impropriety, but come on, it was a joke, and it was a dollar! I think Chad's antics are, overall, a fun and lighter side to the games. He said in an interview that he was thinking of changing his last name again..to "Child, Please!" :lol:

Valuist
12-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Yeah, in light of the recent NBA ref scandal, that was a real gut buster.

Yeah, a ref would throw a game over a single dollar. Anybody should've been able to tell he was poking fun at the whole thing. Lighten up a bit.