PDA

View Full Version : Rideau- Dec 10/09 Picks- Money Matt

moneymatt
12-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Race 3- # 2 Special Thinker

Bet the horse last week, horse should have win the race easily, but was just to far back, the leader got away, but was tired in the stretch. Just didn't have enough real estate. Second start for his newly acquired trainer. Looks like the one to beat, don't think anyone in this race can though him if he gets the proper winning steer.

Race 5- #5 Red Breast

Is my long shot play this horse either races well or ****s the bed. The Gilchrist barn hasn't been making much noise as of late, but this horse can compete if she's ready. She closed 3 lengths on a leader that opened up 1 1/2 lengths in the stretch so the horse actually made up 4 1/2 lengths. This horse should be fresh after her first start back off a qualifier.

Race 6- #7 Ironclad

Driver, trainer and owner Ann Karen Larson brought another trotter from KD to the Rideau track who is on a three race win streak. The horses first start here since the summer layoff was an impressive one. Racing first up for half the race to earn a 3rd place finish. From this post she should be able to workout a 2nd or 3rd over trip. This horse looks to be ready.

Race 7- #9 Artgentia

Was picked up at Flamboro off trainer Patrick Fletcher and putinto the Guy Gagnon barn. Has had one start since and it was a very close second(by a nose) after racing a middle half in 27.3 and a back half in 57.3. Let not forget that's over a 5/8 track, you don't see that to often. I think this horse is ready to claim the victory that was taken from him last week.

Race 9- #6 Scilla De Chakrika

Three starts ago was in the 30000L conditions. The tried her luck in the 6500CL ranks and has had two starts in that class. Both starts has had excuses, in her most recent she was parked the mile pressing for the lead with no luck and stung. The start 2 back she was in the overland flow in 7th over a good track (-1 second). She made a 3 wide move to 5th by 2 lengths and then the slow fractions played there roll (1:32.3 @ 3/4). The front end pulled away. If this horse doesn't make a trip to the winners circle tonight, there's no hope.

-Money Matt