PDA

View Full Version : I Thought Right Wingers Were The Threat...

Pell Mell
12-07-2009, 06:03 PM
It wasn't very long ago when the idiot in charge of Homeland Security was saying that right wingers and vets were the threat. We are totally surronded by PC A$$ Holes.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation-and-world/la-na-us-radicalization7-2009dec07,0,7201060,full.story

GaryG
12-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Well, muslims are the main terrorist threat.....surprise surprise! Got to watch that profiling though, they have more rights than regular people.

Pell Mell
12-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Well, muslims are the main terrorist threat.....surprise surprise! Got to watch that profiling though, they have more rights than regular people.

I like your signature but down here in Cocke county they call it 'ickin. :D

PaceAdvantage
12-08-2009, 04:06 AM
Hmmmm...first year without Bush....

This may have been the most dangerous year since 9/11, anti-terrorism experts say.Interesting....then again, Bush WAS President on 9/11...that we all know...but that will be the "comeback" from the Obama supporters...as if ignoring the present will somehow make it go away....

Robert Goren
12-08-2009, 08:55 AM
How quickly we forget. The Oklahoma city federal building was bombed by American terrorists Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols. The Atlanta Olympics was bombed by another American Eric Rudolph. All three had served in the US military. And then there was the 60s anti war movement . I agree that Muslim terrorists are the primary threat to this country now, but to ignore threats by Americans terrorist (left or right) would be foolish. Islam does not hold a monopoly on dangerous nuts.

jballscalls
12-08-2009, 02:32 PM
it's not americans, muslims or right wingers who are the threats as a whole, it's individual bad people. i dont know why people obsess over putting people into groups or categories or labeling them, there should only be two labels, good and bad.

46zilzal
12-08-2009, 02:41 PM
And then there was the 60s anti war movement
Funny stuff how today's younger generation has no idea what that time was like and only garner an opinion, one way or the other, from accounts that are secondary to the actual events of those days.

Gubb'ment: Come over here and put your ass on the line for the Domino THEORY.
US: Nope

boxcar
12-08-2009, 03:07 PM
. Islam does not hold a monopoly on dangerous nuts.

Perhaps not, but they lead the pack by a country mile.

Boxcar

Tom
12-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Funny stuff how today's younger generation has no idea what that time was like and only garner an opinion, one way or the other, from accounts that are secondary to the actual events of those days.

Canada's loss was our gain.

rastajenk
12-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Funny how those US that said Nope back then trust the gubbment today to manage their health care and control the global climate.

cj's dad
12-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Funny how those US that said Nope back then trust the gubbment today to manage their health care and control the global climate.

Amen !!!

NJ Stinks
12-11-2009, 08:59 PM

I'm not sure what Robert was trying to say. But if he really was lumping the protestors of Vietnam in with McVeigh I find that totally wrong and insulting.

My guess is if there was a draft during the Iraq War and aftermath, college students around the country may have gotten off their asses and done some protesting too. The fact that today's American college students did virtually nothing to protest the Iraq War is one of the most disappointing non-events I can remember in my lifetime. Somebody told me a long time ago that indifference is worse than love or hate and I believe it's true.

Robert Goren
12-11-2009, 11:59 PM
I'm not sure what Robert was trying to say. But if he really was lumping the protesters of Vietnam in with McVeigh I find that totally wrong and insulting. There were some Vietnam protesters (but not many) who resorted to violence. I attended a few anti war rallies in the 60s. I did not get involved in any violent acts, but I was slightly acquainted with some weathermen who were. You are right, none of them rose to the level of McVeigh.