PDA

View Full Version : NPR reporter pressured over Fox role!

andymays
12-07-2009, 10:34 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1109/29892.html

Excerpt:

Executives at National Public Radio recently asked the network’s top political correspondent, Mara Liasson, to reconsider her regular appearances on Fox News because of what they perceived as the network’s political bias, two sources familiar with the effort said.

According to a source, Liasson was summoned in early October by NPR’s executive editor for news, Dick Meyer, and the network’s supervising senior Washington editor, Ron Elving. The NPR executives said they had concerns that Fox’s programming had grown more partisan, and they asked Liasson to spend 30 days watching the network.

cj's dad
12-07-2009, 10:37 AM
30 days of watching FOX and she'll realize what a joke NPR is.

andymays
12-07-2009, 10:41 AM

:ThmbUp: :D

illinoisbred
12-07-2009, 10:43 AM
And now back to bird watching in the Adirondacks

JustRalph
12-07-2009, 05:19 PM

I hope they take the bitch off.........

I can't stand it when her eyes bulge out when she talks..........

prospector
12-07-2009, 06:39 PM

bring back the blond liberal...she's easy to look at and doesn't always run with the lemmings...

Rookies
12-07-2009, 07:33 PM

NeIther she, nor Juan Williams, represent the Left AT ALL on Fox. Both are centrists, occasionally veering to the Left to balance off ' the usual con suspects'. 'course Fox would never have on a fire and brimstone lefty, just wimpy versions- like Colmes.

delayjf
12-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Who do you have in mind??? I've seen libs like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton on Oreilly all the time.

Rookies
12-07-2009, 08:05 PM
You need somebody with passion & smarts & little backdown because you have a spine- IF you intend to represent both sides.

Ragin Cajun is a decent choice, but he's booked up by the opposition with his wife. Also- Katrina vanden Heuvel. I find her a might pedantic, but she meets the qualification of never backing down.

BenDiesel26
12-07-2009, 08:37 PM
I guess Bob Beckel, Barney Frank, David Axelrod, etc. etc. etc. don't count either. They will have whoever has the balls to come on and spout their talking points off while not answering any questions.

Tom
12-08-2009, 08:00 AM
You need somebody with passion & smarts & little backdown because you have a spine- IF you intend to represent both sides.

Ragin Cajun is a decent choice, but he's booked up by the opposition with his wife. Also- Katrina vanden Heuvel. I find her a might pedantic, but she meets the qualification of never backing down.

A little intelligence would be nice, too. Libs are whiners and screamers.:lol:

jballscalls
12-08-2009, 10:05 AM
A little intelligence would be nice, too. Libs are whiners and screamers.:lol:

Sounds like a portly talk show host I know of

Tom
12-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Knucklehead Ed Schultz?
Yes, good observation. He fits nicely.

Too bad he never heard of helmets when he played football. :lol:

illinoisbred
12-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Knucklehead Ed Schultz?
Yes, good observation. He fits nicely.

Too bad he never heard of helmets when he played football. :lol:
Schultz is the most despicable human being from a lineup of misfits that is MSNBC.

jballscalls
12-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Schultz is the most despicable human being from a lineup of misfits that is MSNBC.

i dont know who this schultz is, but he can't be worse than Olbermann can he?

rastajenk
12-08-2009, 04:09 PM
No, he can't. He tries hard, but nobody can match KO's drama queen arrogance and self-importance, not to mention his mean-spiritedness and phony concern for the little people.

JustRalph
12-08-2009, 06:18 PM
i dont know who this schultz is, but he can't be worse than Olbermann can he?

I didn't know his name was Ed ?

http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/cc5e6b8854_germ03062008.jpg
:lol: :lol:

Tom
12-08-2009, 08:26 PM
I...know...nothink! :lol:

bigmack
12-08-2009, 09:19 PM
I was producing a jingle for a chain of camera stores in the NPR studios circa 80something in Minneapolis because at the time they were 32 track digital and everyone else in town was 24 track analog. The spread of food they lay out for you around those joints is epic. Mara was in town to cover some legal case and used one of the ancillary studios to record a voice-over. She dipped into the buffet they had laid out for my session. I'll never forgive her for that.

On a more pleasant note, I was struck by this weekend anchor for Fox... Jaimie Colby. I find the deliberateness of her speech fetching. Not to mention other alluring attributes. Turns out she attended the University of Miami International School of Business at 14! Then rolled over to get her Juris Doctor degree @ UofM School of Law.

A further check of the rubes anchoring over @ MSNBC found they were deeply involved in learning to tie their shoe laces @ 14 and several flunked out.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/jc.jpg

wes
12-09-2009, 10:48 AM
NeIther she, nor Juan Williams, represent the Left AT ALL on Fox. Both are centrists, occasionally veering to the Left to balance off ' the usual con suspects'. 'course Fox would never have on a fire and brimstone lefty, just wimpy versions- like Colmes.

Perhaps brimstone is not the choice word to use. Since brimstone is sulphur, it could be used to keep the stinch down. Was that your thought?

wes

ElKabong
12-09-2009, 09:56 PM
I find this disappointing in that I listen to NPR quite a bit. Marketplace on the way home, and I catch the first few minutes of The News Hour (Lehrer) as well before I get home. Also listen to On Point on line at nite since it's not played here.

Some of those shows have a left slant, but they're informative. Take the slant w/ a grain of salt and you learn some things. But this nonsense of arm twisting to keep someone off FOX is unprofessional and childish. Mara could send a message by leaving NPR.