PDA

View Full Version : IE export to microsoft excel

punteray
12-06-2009, 12:47 PM
I had accessed Brisnet supertote page to follow the tote board for Aquduct. While I was waiting for things to happen I right clicked on the page and up popped a list of options. One of them was "Export to Microsoft Excel". I selected that option and received an excel file which I opened in excel. It had all of the odds and pool files in cells and they automatically updated. HOW NEAT!:) I have since tried to duplicate this process but to no avail. I have not been able to repeat an excel export????:mad:

ANY IDEAS:confused:

Ray Scalise punteray@yahoo.com

gillenr
12-06-2009, 08:35 PM
I use that method with Public Handicapper entries to make worksheet, & have found that the closer the cursor is to the right edge of the entries, I don't get the "ex to excel" option. When I move to the right more, it works the way you want. Experiment!

punteray
12-07-2009, 11:55 AM
I moved the cursor ALL over the form to no avail. Guess I am not holding my tongue in the right position:lol:

Thanks for the reply! ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE HAVE A SUGGESTION???:confused:

Ray Scalise punteray@yahoo.com

gillenr
12-07-2009, 12:13 PM
I just tried it on Bris & got the option - I've heard the the dropdowns can be edited - don't know how, but others here might.

punteray
12-07-2009, 01:16 PM
I get the dropdown menu OK but when I select export to excel nothing happens???

Ray

gillenr
12-07-2009, 05:25 PM
I can only suggest "google" or MS support.

CBedo
12-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Or just pull it into Excel instead of pushing it from IE. Use the web query.

punteray
12-07-2009, 06:13 PM
I will have to admit I know nothing about Excel, although I am trying to learn it. I will check out what you say.

Thanks

Ray

CBedo
12-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Here is the link to a post I put up a while back about getting odds into excel. The first tutorial will get one track's odds loaded into a sheet. If you scroll down, there is an added tutorial on how to make it dynamic (so you can change the tracks without having to start over the query).

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61958

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

punteray
12-08-2009, 01:12 PM
I have a copy of "Open Office" which was free to download BUT it will not do the same as Microsoft Excel:mad: so I am biting the bullet and buying "Microsoft Office 7":).

Thanks for the info and I am looking forward to doing as you indicate.

Ray Scalise