PDA

View Full Version : HAW 5TH Saturday, NO CALL...

parlay
12-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Jockey on the 2 smacks the 3 horse in the face with his whip twice as he
is about to pass him and finish 2nd. No inquiry, no objection.
Absoloutly cost him a placing.

Show Me the Wire
12-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Happens all the time at the Chicagoland tracks. It seems Illinois' three blind mice do not think it is an infraction to hit another horse in the face with a whip.

illinoisbred
12-05-2009, 07:56 PM
A jockey has to fall or almost fall-off for the stewards in Illinois to press the inquiry button.

illinoisbred
12-05-2009, 08:11 PM
I bet the #2 to win today and didn't think he was going to hang on for 2nd. I didn't catch the whip infraction. In 28 years of playing here, I can recall just 1 time a horse came down for such a thing-late 80's, Neil Boyce's Sligh Jet at Hawthorne. Unfortunately, I bet him too.

OTM Al
12-05-2009, 09:08 PM
The rules on this vary. In some places its an automatic DQ while in others it's a judgement call. By the comment here, it must not be an automatic infraction in IL

Show Me the Wire
12-05-2009, 09:21 PM
The rules on this vary. In some places its an automatic DQ while in others it's a judgement call. By the comment here, it must not be an automatic infraction in IL

I believe the rule in Illinois is any "impedment" results in disqualification. The stewards just don't enforce the rules very well. The Illinois stewards allow very rough and/or poor riding, which leads to some serious mishaps.

JustRalph
12-05-2009, 10:11 PM
It's Illinois.......what do you expect.........

Mayor Daley can tear up an Airport in the middle of the night and nobody cares..........why care about one horse race :lol:

Wasn't there a DQ in a Breeders Cup race a while back for this same thing?

http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsitems/2003/03-1-157x.html

The action surprised the Meig's Field FBO. When they asked the city what would happen to the aircraft trapped at the field, the FBO was told, "That's your problem." However, AOPA's Midwest Regional Representative Bill Blake reports that the stranded aircraft may be allowed to depart using the taxiway sometime this week.

Chicago Mayor Daley had sought to close Meigs until a year ago, when an historic agreement between the city and the state of Illinois "guaranteed" the airport's survival for 25 years. Daley gave his word that he would not seek to close Meigs in exchange for support for his plan to expand O'Hare International Airport and build a new airport at Peotone.